• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

greyhound

greyhound

Arcanist
Oct 8, 2020

I find it sad that these child rapists / murderers are granted a way out using nembutal, all the while people outside the prison gates are crying over their fate and protesting the cruel injustice of it all.

Meanwhile people in here would probably kill just in order to get nembutal, and we're just left with leaning against a belt loop and slashing at our wrists with a rusty spoon or whatever.

Pookie

Pookie

Somebody you used to know.
Oct 18, 2020
Shows you what a piece of shit life is. Their victims probably died in the most horrific ways and they get to go peacefully. And here we are with hardly any humane methods available to us.

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Kind of ironic that people here would be anti-death penalty because it's actually too kind on criminals lol.

I do agree that it's messed up that one would basically have to commit a really heinous crime in a tough jurisdiction just to access N though...

demuic

demuic

Life was a mistake
Sep 12, 2020
Kind of ironic that people here would be anti-death penalty because it's actually too kind on criminals lol.

I do agree that it's messed up that one would basically have to commit a really heinous crime in a tough jurisdiction just to access N though...
I think life is the best punishment. Death is the end of suffering, which is the last thing some of the worst people in the world deserve.

A

AutoTap

Elementalist
Nov 11, 2020
I still think that people who did super terrible crimes depending on mental health, physical health and those factors should be put to work and the money they make can go to homeless shelters, and other food causes.

Reactions: foxdie
A

Aap

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
While perhaps well intentioned, that is the definition of impracticality. How do you make a murder serving life in prison "work" or perform a service that could generate meaningful revenue? How much does it cost to guard, feed, and house that individual? It is a hell of a lot more than any productive output that could be achieved.

elfgyoza

elfgyoza

Cursed
Aug 5, 2019
While perhaps well intentioned, that is the definition of impracticality. How do you make a murder serving life in prison "work" or perform a service that could generate meaningful revenue? How much does it cost to guard, feed, and house that individual? It is a hell of a lot more than any productive output that could be achieved.
I thought it had already been shown to be less expensive serving life in prison than it is to kill them? You're talking about a prisoner as if all they're good for is revenue, they're still a human being, no matter their crime. Capitalism ruins everything, people's worth should not be judged by their productiveness or ability to make money lol

A

Aap

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
You missed the post I was replying to. I was responding to the stupid logic that those convicted of capital offenses should be put to work with the money going to the needy. I was pointing out the cost of doing this would far exceed any revenue.

I don't follow the logic that it is cheaper to house someone for 10 years and execute them than it is to house them for 60 years.

Reactions: Disappointered
justpeachy

justpeachy

I’m haunted by the bottle & death on my breath.
Sep 6, 2020
Death penalty is wrong, peaceful or not. Abolishing it actually helps those who suffer and want to end their lives. The countries without death penalty are actually closer to pro-choice
I mean did they not make the choice to commit said murder or brutal rape/crime thus giving the victim no choice at all? Sounds to me like they had plenty of choice compared to the victim. They willlingly chose to murder someone knowing the repercussions in their country or state would be death penalty. I mean they have a choice...far more than the victim and the victims family ever did.
You missed the post I was replying to. I was responding to the stupid logic that those convicted of capital offenses should be put to work with the money going to the needy. I was pointing out the cost of doing this would far exceed any revenue.

I don't follow the logic that it is cheaper to house someone for 10 years and execute them than it is to house them for 60 years.
Wouldn't be so expensive if we all just used firing squad or hanging. It would be significantly cheaper than feeding, housing, and paying for their medical expenses for 5-60 years.
so buying N from A or C is illegal but we can get it if we become murderers. Makes total sense to me.

View attachment 55633
It's prescribed by a doctor then, you can also get it for assisted suicide in certain states in the US and countries but only for terminal illness in 99% of places.

Last edited:
C

ceelestial

Dec 4, 2020
It's prescribed by a doctor then, you can also get it for assisted suicide in certain states in the US and countries but only for terminal illness in 99% of places.
i find this maddening to, you have to wait until you're at PEAK suffering before youre allowed to go... should be allowed the day you are diagnosed imo.

it's_all_a_game

it's_all_a_game

I remember...death in the afternoon...
Nov 7, 2020
Ironic that killers and rapists are treated with more compassion than people who want to end their existences. But I'm pro-death penalty, anyway....lol

Last edited:
C

ceelestial

Dec 4, 2020
I don't think political decisions like this should be made based on what's "cheapest." But money is all anyone cares about.
obviously not as the cheapest method would be a single bullet or a hanging rope.

Reactions: puppy9
Futile

Futile

Tired of being lonely
Sep 3, 2020
New method: pay some random kid to tell the judge you raped him, get killed with N

elfgyoza

elfgyoza

Cursed
Aug 5, 2019

Here's an article that examines the cost of incarceration vs execution

L

Life sucks

Visionary
Apr 18, 2018
I mean did they not make the choice to commit said murder or brutal rape/crime thus giving the victim no choice at all? Sounds to me like they had plenty of choice compared to the victim. They willlingly chose to murder someone knowing the repercussions in their country or state would be death penalty. I mean they have a choice...far more than the victim and the victims family ever did.

Wouldn't be so expensive if we all just used firing squad or hanging. It would be significantly cheaper than feeding, housing, and paying for their medical expenses for 5-60 years.

Choices and complete free will are nothing but an illusion. For example, mental and psychological problems aren't a choice. There are many factors that lead to a crime and the rational way to deal with those isnt by killing and taking revenge against a biological body but studying and preventing the crime. Just because the state support capital punishment doesn't mean it works as a deterrent and criminals would stop because of that. There is consensus that death penalty actually increases the crime rates. By continuing the loop of killing, the negativity increases and the crime spreads more.

Disappointered

Disappointered

Enlightened
Sep 21, 2020
Here's an article that examines the cost of incarceration vs execution
So the reasoning is that there's a costly process to determine whether to put someone to death? Change the process instead of commuting to life w/o parole and paying for incarceration. Commute life w/o parole to death.

F

foxdie

Got my ticket
Aug 18, 2020
Capital punishment is the height of cognitive dissonance imo. Murder is wrong and a crime so... I'm going to murder you? The legal system is so flawed as well and they make so many mistakes, it has no business being the arbiter of life and death. I'll admit like the article OP linked, that sometimes a crime is so unspeakably horrific my heart tries to override my brain. But there is no justice in executions by the state. Prosecutors don't care about upholding the law or justice, they only care about winning. Who is anyone to decide who lives or dies?

As Gandalf rightfully points out:

"Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends."

But if you're pro-death penalty, you're free to believe as you will, I'm not trying to change your mind. I live in a country where it's outlawed so it's not much of a concern but I do wish other places would follow suit.

Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
I just read about how in America, they have a problem executing people because no drug company will sell the U.S. any drugs that can be used in executions. So they are basically floundering around each time trying out drug combinations.
There is a very long list of executions gone wrong which reads like a horror story.

GRUESOME BOTCHED U.S. EXECUTIONS WARNING

Last edited:
justpeachy

justpeachy

Sep 6, 2020
Choices and complete free will are nothing but an illusion. For example, mental and psychological problems aren't a choice. There are many factors that lead to a crime and the rational way to deal with those isnt by killing and taking revenge against a biological body but studying and preventing the crime. Just because the state support capital punishment doesn't mean it works as a deterrent and criminals would stop because of that. There is consensus that death penalty actually increases the crime rates. By continuing the loop of killing, the negativity increases and the crime spreads more.
I mean just because you have a mental illness that still does not take away your right to make choices. And at least in the united states if you are deemed criminally insane you do not get the death penalty for one, and two you don't even go to jail. Mental illness is a vast thing. Using it as an excuse for shitty choices is inherently dangerous. I am not sure if you live in the US but I do and my most recent job (I have a Masters in psychology therefore I know more than enough about mental illness) part of it was completing reports for criminally insane patients to determine if they were indeed criminally insane after an investigation. Anyone that had legitimate mental illness that caused their crime was often released aside from capital murder and in that case they went to the state psych facility vs prison. I put many people in psych facilities vs jail or prison that had mental health issues that contributed to their crimes. But, that only goes so far mental health is vast, so someone that has depression or anxiety has mental illness as per the american psychological association among many other international associations does that mean they don't have free will because they didn't have free will you have their depression/anxiety they didn't have free will to kill their wife or husband by slitting their throat as they are sleeping, or drowning their 2 day old baby in the bath (father did this, not the mother so cannot use PPD as an excuse) because "it was too loud.". Both these people had mild signs of anxiety and depression in cases I worked. Therefore in your reasoning they had no free will? That's baffling and research disproves that. I do agree some cases of moderate to severe mental illness particularly with psychosis related disorders that you would not have free will but you say mental illness as a whole is largely not accurate.

S

Spitfire

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
New method: pay some random kid to tell the judge you raped him, get killed with N
I imagine doing this would at first probably cause a lot of terrible consequences.

justpeachy

justpeachy

Sep 6, 2020
I imagine doing this would at first probably cause a lot of terrible consequences.
Most places also do not use death penalty for rape. And the places that do is very very limited in terms of first world countries and it has to be extreme circumstances. Sadly, even most cases of child rape either go unproven or unpunished in many countries due to burden of proof. Or because the child is too scared to testify. Adult rape cases, hah is joke in most countries. People mostly get a month or two in jail for causing severe psychological damage to their victim for the rest of their life. So the person who had that brilliant idea would just become a sex offender, probably go to jail for a little, probably get beat as rapists are typically not seen as great ppl even in jail then never get another job outside of jail and hate their lives even more sooooo sounds like a great plan /s.

Reactions: Meditation guide
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
Indeed, I find there is a disconnect and disingenuity in their logic. This is probably too simplistic to think like this, but generally, my experience are that pro-lifers/pro-lifists (especially the religious ones) value life above all else, therefore they may support the death penalty since to them (their logic) is that it's the ultimate suffering and that death is the worst fate of all. Meanwhile, the people who are against the death penalty, may still be pro-lifists but they believe that rotting in a prison for one's entire lifespan is more suffering than dying (free of suffering of life), thus they would rather the condemned suffer as much as possible until the condemn's life ends.

Reactions: LifeIsAChore11
justpeachy

justpeachy

Sep 6, 2020
i find this maddening to, you have to wait until you're at PEAK suffering before youre allowed to go... should be allowed the day you are diagnosed imo.
You just have to have 6 months or less to live so not peak suffering but I do get their reasoning. They don't want to just provide life ending drugs that would be used impulsively. They want you to really consider your choice and then you can decide to use it at the very end or as soon as get it. It's pretty well known that the amount of time doctors give is highly subjective. You may live 4 more years but still be given N bc an oncologist said you had 6 months. Or you may only live 2 months. I do see the logic behind it though.