• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Maravillosa

Maravillosa

Господи помилуй — мир в Україні!
Sep 7, 2018
The following article is rather pro-life and strongly Christian, but nevertheless thought-provoking:

https://www.thepublicdiscourse.com/2019/07/54432/

What do you all think of it? When I was 20, I decided never to have children (which meant marriage and intimate relationships have been off-limits for me for over 30 years) because of my "bad genes" and the suspicion that I might ctb someday. However, I do strive to live a Christian life (even though I am seldom successful at it). I had never heard of BirthStrike before reading this article. It seems awful to me to bring children into the world without their consent, without guaranteeing them a peaceful and happy life. Why is the suicide of the human race so unacceptable to Ms. Haley Stewart, the author of the article? I would think that humanity would be better off in Heaven :halo:

Reactions: Numbtopain97, AnnaJaspers and Oblivion Lover
Mr2005

Mr2005

Don't shoot the messenger, give me the gun
Sep 25, 2018
I can't really say anything since I'm trying to get my girlfriend pregnant even with the likelihood I commit suicide afterwards. Might seem unfair on something that doesn't exist yet but the alternative is unfair on someone who does. I can't leave her alone and if it's all we're here for then I've served my purpose. I do worry the way things are going but I hope that can change with or without me because the idea the human race ceases to exist breaks my heart

• Aww..
  • Hmph!
Reactions: ShornSoloists and Wolfjob_dayjob
Soulless_Angel

Soulless_Angel

existence is futile
Jul 10, 2019
It seems awful to me to bring children into the world without their consent, without guaranteeing them a peaceful and happy life.

I've not read the article yet,
but as a parent and as a women who suffered a childhood of sexual, physical and mental abuse,
this sentence you wrote stood out to me.. How can a child give consent to be born? And guaranteeing
them a peaceful and happy live.... Things change, things shift and shit happens, what you can start out with with so much hope and promise can be snatched away in an instant.
Holding a newborn child in your arms, basking in the glow of this new life, your in a state of euphoria, Nothing can stop you protecting that child. BUT as time moves on and influences surround you, no matter what you do to protect that child and no matter what you do to give them a happy childhood, things can go wrong, things can happen.

If there was something that could 10001% promise that that child was safe and happy for life, then I wish it could exist

Reactions: Sailfisher and not_a_robot
Oblivion Lover

Oblivion Lover

No life, no suffering
May 30, 2019
To be honest I don't really want to read the article because of the keyword "christian", but I'd like to congratulate you on your choice to not have children and add that, even if someone doesn't want to have kids, that is no absolute deterrent to have a real relationship with a person. Like I always say, there are millions of children needing parents and a stable house out there. About your question... I really don't get that too, but it might be because in the first book of the bible God tells people to be "fruitful and multiply". They choose to ignore the fact that everyone having children these days is no longer necessary for humanity to keep existing (we are actually needing a big population reduction), and that by having kids they're inevitably damning some people to hell as they can't be sure that all of their descendants will be faithful christians as well. My mother seems to be one of the few christians to realize the mistake of creating more corruptible souls as I had become a hardcore atheist satanist, thus doomed to hell to hell. Unfortunately it's a tad too late for that now.

• Love
Reactions: Wolfjob_dayjob, Numbtopain97, AutumnEmbers and 1 other person
Temporarilyabsurd

Temporarilyabsurd

NOISE:signal
Apr 27, 2018
The birth strikers are heroic in my opinion .

Humans are animals that are destroying their habitat and that of all their neighbors .
Their numbers need to be drastically reduced , for the survival of the biosphere.
. It seems awful to me to bring children into the world without their consent, without guaranteeing them a peaceful and happy life.
I couldn't agree more , and that is the problem !
quantity not quality !
millions and millions of us with no agreement amongst us about how to govern ourselves !
I say : lets have a lot less of us and look after ourselves better !

daikon

daikon

trash golem
Dec 26, 2018
It's incredible to me how self-righteous and even angry people get when you say you don't want kids. I've had people get up in arms and demand fervently what I expect to do with the theoretical last person on earth. It makes me realize how far removed I am from the general population, because birth feels like a curse to me and I couldn't live with myself if I brought a child into the world and it felt the same pain as I have (well, I already can't live with myself but you get the idea.) Then again, maybe they can see the hate I feel for people who have children and get defensive.
But if you're Christian and you can handwoven any suffering with an easy "God works in mysterious ways" I guess you don't have to face the reality of this shithole world and the pain of people in it.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Oblivion Lover, AngelGirl, Sh00 and 2 others
not_a_robot

not_a_robot

"i hope the leaving is joyful, & never to return"
May 30, 2019
I can't really say anything since I'm trying to get my girlfriend pregnant even with the likelihood I commit suicide afterwards. Might seem unfair on something that doesn't exist yet but the alternative is unfair on someone who does. I can't leave her alone and if it's all we're here for then I've served my purpose. I do worry the way things are going but I hope that can change with or without me because the idea the human race ceases to exist breaks my heart
It's a disgusting hypocrisy, trying force the condition of life onto a helpless child, a condition you admittedly cannot endure yourself. I hope you're sterile.

Last edited:
Reactions: ShornSoloists, blanketyblk, HGL91 and 8 others
Mr2005

Mr2005

Sep 25, 2018
Sometimes the "support" here is a fucking joke
"It's incredible how self righteous and angry people get if you say you don't want kids" or if you say you do. It's a disgusting hypocrisy lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: mentionized1
Bärchen

Bärchen

Distracting myself through Life
Apr 7, 2019
I never wanted children and i'm to ugly anyway for sex. Marriage is stupid and makes no sense at all in this time and age, people are divorcing and cheating left and right.

• Hugs
Reactions: Numbtopain97, HGL91, Oblivion Lover and 5 others
Chalken

Chalken

Decaying
Nov 20, 2018
This philosophy is called antinatalism. I think it's selfish for people to bring new life into this world when you're aware of the horrors of life. Even if children have good parents and/or childhood there are so many bad things that can happen to them, like mental illness, abuse, rape, etc. Not to mention growing old and dying very slowly, as well as slaving away for years in education and jobs. I think adopting is a much better idea, if one wants children.

• Hugs
Reactions: HGL91, AutumnEmbers, Oblivion Lover and 5 others
not_a_robot

not_a_robot

May 30, 2019
"It's incredible how self righteous and angry people get if you say you don't want kids" or if you say you do. It's a disgusting hypocrisy lol.
You're right. That was insensitive, I don't know your situation, and it's none of my business.
It's nothing personal toward you; I don't think anyone should breed. Ever.

Reactions: Oblivion Lover, AngelGirl, marcusuk63 and 1 other person
throwaway123

throwaway123

Hell0
Aug 5, 2018
I never wanted children and i'm to ugly anyway for sex. Marriage is stupid and makes no sense at all in this time and age, people are divorcing and cheating left and right.
people have always been cheating left and right. It's just much more visible/out in the open these days.

• Hugs
Reactions: not_a_robot
Mr2005

Mr2005

Sep 25, 2018
You're right. That was insensitive, I don't know your situation, and it's none of my business.
It's nothing personal toward you; I don't think anyone should breed. Ever.
Thankyou I appreciate that and you're entitled to your opinion

• Hugs
daikon

daikon

trash golem
Dec 26, 2018

Yeah, I disgust myself too. Sometimes, and I hope this isn't too personal to share, I even consider suicide.

• Hugs
Reactions: not_a_robot and Mr2005
Mr2005

Mr2005

Sep 25, 2018
That doesn't come as any surprise, after all you're here. It's when one persons problems trigger anothers things become problematic

• Hugs
S

Shamana

Warlock
May 31, 2019
I would love to have children if I was healthy and happy and was confident in myself as a parent. Most of the people I know IRL are really good parents and their children are doing really well.

Reactions: Mr2005
Mr2005

Mr2005

Sep 25, 2018
Prepare for a barrage of hate. Honestly this anti natalist stuff how many would have those views if they were happy themselves? My guess is not many but that's a lot harder for people to accept the problem isn't out there it's within

not_a_robot

not_a_robot

May 30, 2019
Prepare for a barrage of hate. Honestly this anti natalist stuff how many would have those views if they were happy themselves? My guess is not many but that's a lot harder for people to accept the problem isn't out there it's within
Happiness is a delusion, a mirage. Delusional people still make terrible parents. The planet would still be overpopulated, regardless of the happiness quotient of the people who keep breeding. Plant a tree instead of a sperm, give the planet a break. Trees can't feel existential pain (as far as we know).

Download 5

• Love
Reactions: AutumnEmbers and Menschenfeind
Mr2005

Mr2005

Sep 25, 2018
I do agree that people having really large families is incredibly selfish. One child even two isn't enough they want more, more, more

Reactions: AngelGirl and not_a_robot
Partial-Elf

Partial-Elf

Eternal Oblivion
Dec 26, 2018
Yikes... Impregnating her with the full intent to CTB is absolutely terrible. She's presumably capable of finding someone else to father her children.

Last edited:
Reactions: AutumnEmbers, Boonks, Oblivion Lover and 2 others
S

Shamana

Warlock
May 31, 2019
Happiness is a delusion, a mirage. Delusional people still make terrible parents. The planet would still be overpopulated, regardless of the happiness quotient of the people who keep breeding. Plant a tree instead of a sperm, give the planet a break. Trees can't feel existential pain (as far as we know).

View attachment 14111

Happiness is not really a delusion though. I think you are projecting your unhappiness and life experience on a lot of people. I know are lot of people who geniuenly happy, free and compassionate even though I am not one myself.

I think that's honestly a terrible idea. Why on earth are you trying to father a child without having any intention in doing any fathering?

Reactions: Partial-Elf
Xaphous

Xaphous

hikikomori
Nov 11, 2018
I don't see the point in procreating, what's so good about life anyway? Yet everywhere you go broke people with no money have kids.

• Hugs
Mr2005

Mr2005

Sep 25, 2018
Yikes... I think having a child with her with the full intent to CTB is absolutely terrible. She's presumably capable of finding someone else to father her children
She doesn't want to. Maybe you're right maybe it is terrible but what I think is secondary and that's what I'm trying to get across. I'm putting her first, I have enough guilt as it is. I know she'd make a fantastic mum. It's all she's ever wanted but she's nearly 40 and overweight so it might not happen anyway. That might make some of you happy when really it makes no difference to you but it makes a difference to me and it makes a difference to her
I don't see the point in procreating, what's so good about life anyway? Yet everywhere you go broke people with no money have kids.
Those people are an insult to those who want them. They just like the part that makes them.

• Hugs
Reactions: not_a_robot, Xaphous and Partial-Elf
Partial-Elf

Partial-Elf

Eternal Oblivion
Dec 26, 2018
She doesn't want to. Maybe you're right maybe it is terrible but what I think is secondary and that's what I'm trying to get across. I'm putting her first, I have enough guilt as it is. I know she'd make a fantastic mum. It's all she's ever wanted but she's nearly 40 and overweight so it might not happen anyway. That might make some of you happy when really it makes no difference to you but it makes a difference to me and it makes a difference to her
Is she aware of your desire to ctb?

Mr2005

Mr2005

Sep 25, 2018
Yes

Reactions: not_a_robot and Partial-Elf
S

Shamana

Warlock
May 31, 2019

Those people are an insult to those who want them. They just like the part that makes them.

Don't you think it will impact her own abilities as a mother if you kill yourself during her pregnancy or after? It could swing her into deep depression and compromise the child.

Reactions: Partial-Elf
Mr2005

Mr2005

Sep 25, 2018
I've thought about that. That is a difficult one. If I stay until it's born I think I'm stuck then. Maybe that's a good thing? I dunno. I'm sure she hopes I'll change my mind and indeed it's not even entirely made up yet. That all depends on the outcome of something I can't risk without the means of killing myself immediately. Seriously if it's what I dread I won't be able to live with it for a second

• Hugs
Snowx88

Snowx88

Jun 29, 2019
I think it is very selfish to bring a child into this cruel world. This world sucks ass ! You will just live , suffer and die eventually . No point in existing really . People have children just cause they want to fit in / society pressures or because their lives are boring / lonely and want some more action and company. It's very a selfish act really. This human race needs to fuck off and die already. I'm convinced there is absolutely no point to all of this garbage existence . It's really just like a big fucking game and humans are simulations/pawns waiting to die.

• Love
Reactions: Numbtopain97, HGL91, AutumnEmbers and 5 others
Mr2005

Mr2005

Sep 25, 2018
Sigh. One of these posts. I'm miserable so want to drag everyone down with me. You know who's selfish? You are

not_a_robot

not_a_robot

May 30, 2019