• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Are you using a gun to ctb?

• Yes

Votes: 24 28.2%
  • No

Votes: 61 71.8%

• Total voters
Asacschrader33

Asacschrader33

Student
May 6, 2019
Where's the best place to shoot? Mouth?

Reactions: Lifeisatrap
not_a_robot

not_a_robot

"i hope the leaving is joyful, & never to return"
May 30, 2019
Last edited:
GeorgeJL

GeorgeJL

Enlightened
Mar 7, 2019
I have a FOID card (firearms card) but I won't be shooting myself, as it's just way too undignified, I mean the mess alone that someone is going to have to clean up if not for any other reason is enough for me to say no. Besides that I'm not playing Russian roulette with my dignity. I feel sorry for the people that choose to shoot themselves.

Last edited:
Camille Lejeune

Camille Lejeune

Feb 14, 2019
I'd love to. Instant and painless if done right. I personally don't care about the mess. But I live in the wrong country

Last edited:
Weems

Weems

Experienced
May 5, 2019
Came across a pistol in someone's house the other day. Stuck it in mouth a couple times for practice. Surprisingly heavy. You understand you're handling a device for throwing metal through your head.

And there's the suddenness of it. I think drinking poison is my only chance; don't have the courage for anything else.

Reactions: Lifeisatrap and Halo13
Dartz

Dartz

Give Me The Dirt
Jun 29, 2018
If I could get hold of a handgun here I'd already be gone. But that's never gonna happen.

Reactions: Lifeisatrap and Camille Lejeune
M

Mljonzy

Student
Aug 21, 2018
I'm from uk so it's not an option for me and shooting myself is the best way i think all the other methods make suicide harder because i got too much time to think before and during it. With a gun just instant death no fucking around i'm sure it's harder to pull the trigger than it looks but at least it's instant.

Reactions: Lifeisatrap and Dartz
T

TimeToDie

Mage
Jun 13, 2019
I've considered walking into a shooting range and shooting myself so many times, but I don't want my suicide to be a huge spectacle with witnesses. I'm surprised more people don't do it esp in NY..maybe the media doesn't report on deaths like these?
Here suicide at gun ranges gets reported though they don't give a lot of detail. All you get is M or F, age, and what city they lived in. One report included that the guy shot himself with a .22 and died 3 days later in the hospital. Shooting with a .22 is certainly odd to say the least when they have dozens of other guns to rent and literally any other gun would be superior to a .22. The fact that it took him 3 days to die should tell you how monumentally stupid it is to shoot yourself with a wimpy little .22.

As for those who say "I'd be dead right now if only I had a gun," well, it's quite possible that you'd be very much alive and highly distressed that due to SI you can't pull the trigger. A gun is fast & effective, but it sure isn't easy to put into action.

Last edited:
Reactions: Marauder, Nihil and Lifeisatrap
Roger

Roger

I Liked Ike
May 11, 2019
As for those who say "I'd be dead right now if only I had a gun," well, it's quite possible that you'd be very much alive and highly distressed that due to SI you can't pull the trigger. A gun is fast & effective, but it sure isn't easy to put into action.

That sounds true, but it is nevertheless a fact that more than 50% of suicides recorded in the US are by self inflicted gunshot wound. In the US there is a gun for every person, give or take, whereas in UK the ratio is one for every two hundred people. The rate per of firearms suicide in the US is fifty times that in UK.

It would be interesting to see the results of that opening post poll if responses could be limited to US citizens.

Last edited:
Reactions: SMarie1204
Ryan.s

Ryan.s

Experienced
Nov 29, 2019
May I ask why you want to do a temple shot instead of behind the ear? I am just trying to learn as much as possible. Ctb by gunshot is 1st of my two suicide choices. I'm just afraid that if I shoot at the temple, it will fail. Isn't it better to shoot behind the ear and hit the brain stem?

The chin is just pure ignorance, anyone who knows just a little of human anatomy knows that the brain ends it all so the chin just creates another barrier. I am going for a temple shot and I will do it in the middle of the night so no one will be able to respond right away, as I said before people make firearm suicide to be rocket science when in reality no one can really save you and you don´t have to hit the brain stem as you saw with the lawyer who blew her brains out with a temple shot.

R

Rdc

Student
Aug 24, 2019
I have a 50/50 chance of using a gun. I plan on using SN and if I experience any unbearable pain or vomiting before passing out I'll use the gun to shot myself. Failure is not an option for me. I figure if I have Sn in my blood and a bullet in my head my odds of being saved are slim.