• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

F

foxdie

Got my ticket
Aug 18, 2020
I plan to have a note but I won't contact anyone around when I do it. Too risky and I wouldn't want anyone to think they could've helped or changed my mind. Plus I know I'll be pretty emotional and it will set off red flags for sure.

N

neverever

Dec 10, 2020
No. I want to simply disappear. Those who understand me will determine through our subconscious connection what happened.

I plan to destroy my phone in advance so that I won't be able to "call for help" or send any melodramatic messages, which I am prone to doing.

Maka hiamoe

Maka hiamoe

Dec 10, 2020
I wrote a suicide note for mom and dad. It's extremely short (shorter than this message), basically just saying for how long I've been suffering, that they did nothing wrong, and what I want done with my body. Initially I spent quite a lot of time trying to write something much longer but I felt what I said would most likely get misinterpreted so it seemed pointless. I don't want them to obsess over every single detail of it.

S

Saddaisy

Student
May 16, 2020
I said goodbye to my dad and sister today. They didn't know that's what it was... but it was my goodbye. I'll probably call my mom and that's all. I already write a note for jerk face to find so that will be his goodbye

MiserableBastard1995

MiserableBastard1995

Experienced
Mar 17, 2018
No IRL goodbyes of any form, it's far too risky. Just spend some time with a few friends and those I respect, in the leading months toward the end. No letters, they'll just be profoundly misunderstood. My parents in particular can stew in the inevitable questioning - fuck knows they've earned it. Will have to find a suitable internet "hot-spot" for the usual goodbyes here. (Will also have to do a test run ahead of time and ensure this site isn't blocked on that wi-fi)
Just prior to thoroughly destroying my laptop and phone before checking out, my ex will receive a copied-and-pasted pre-written message through her farcebook account - something I'm under the impression she rarely uses, thus it should allow me a safe window of time, before she reads it. Not to say goodbye, but she's owed a couple of apologies for the way I behaved after we ended - and more importantly, she needs to know that what happened between us so many years ago, has nothing to do with, well, what she'll eventually hear about having happened..

Teal_Blue_Dreams

Teal_Blue_Dreams

Arcanist
Sep 15, 2020
I plan to have a note but I won't contact anyone around when I do it. Too risky and I wouldn't want anyone to think they could've helped or changed my mind. Plus I know I'll be pretty emotional and it will set off red flags for sure.
Same!

Deleted member 94

Deleted member 94

Wizard
Mar 24, 2018
No the only person that would have mattered is already gone but I will leave a note for the authorities informing them that this was a suicide.

Teal_Blue_Dreams

Teal_Blue_Dreams

Arcanist
Sep 15, 2020
No IRL goodbyes of any form, it's far too risky. Just spend some time with a few friends and those I respect, in the leading months toward the end. No letters, they'll just be profoundly misunderstood. My parents in particular can stew in the inevitable questioning - fuck knows they've earned it. Will have to find a suitable internet "hot-spot" for the usual goodbyes here. (Will also have to do a test run ahead of time and ensure this site isn't blocked on that wi-fi)
Just prior to thoroughly destroying my laptop and phone before checking out, my ex will receive a copied-and-pasted pre-written message through her farcebook account - something I'm under the impression she rarely uses, thus it should allow me a safe window of time, before she reads it. Not to say goodbye, but she's owed a couple of apologies for the way I behaved after we ended - and more importantly, she needs to know that what happened between us so many years ago, has nothing to do with, well, what she'll eventually hear about having happened..
i was thinking about destroying my laptop and phones. i def want to. do you know of a good resource with directions on how to do so?

mirko

mirko

ah
Nov 19, 2020
At first, I was planning to write one to a dear friend but knowing them I know I would cause them only pain and regret. But I have this feeling that after I ctb someday they'll learn I am dead and it would be less devastating to receive a letter.

• Hugs
Reactions: Merlay
Deleted member 94

Deleted member 94

Wizard
Mar 24, 2018
i was thinking about destroying my laptop and phones. i def want to. do you know of a good resource with directions on how to do so?
You can take out the hard drive and take it to a disk shredder. With the phone sell it on Craigslist list for bargain or destroy it by throwing it in lake or sea.

• Love
Reactions: Teal_Blue_Dreams
Maka hiamoe

Maka hiamoe

Dec 10, 2020
My laptop's hard drive is encrypted. I have to enter a password before I start it. No one who doesn't know the password can know what is on the hard drive. But after I die people will be able to erase the data to install whatever they want on the computer. I decided my hard drive would be encrypted when I installed the operating system, the procedure was fairly straight-forward. However, I've never looked into how it works to encrypt the data on the whole hard drive if you have already installed the operating system so I don't know if it is more complicated in that case. Anyway, full-disk encryption may be a solution worth considering.

Reactions: Lastsauce
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
Given my circumstances as of late, if I ever go through with it in the late future, I'd probably not since it would only add undue burden. There are two schools of thoughts that present themselves as dilemmas, which is to tell or not to tell. Both have their advantages and drawbacks. In short, when telling, it could bring closure (depending on person) but also has a risk of intervention depending on method and time. On the other hand, to not tell and just going through it would be a shock to the people around the suicidal person, but minimizes risk of intervention.

Simply put, I don't plan to leave much of a goodbye as that would only complicate things, people will still believe what they believe. Instead, if and when my time comes, I will just deliver my articles and pro-choice message, maybe some other notes, and then CTB.

Teal_Blue_Dreams

Teal_Blue_Dreams

Arcanist
Sep 15, 2020
My laptop's hard drive is encrypted. I have to enter a password before I start it. No one who doesn't know the password can know what is on the hard drive. But after I die people will be able to erase the data to install whatever they want on the computer. I decided my hard drive would be encrypted when I installed the operating system, the procedure was fairly straight-forward. However, I've never looked into how it works to encrypt the data on the whole hard drive if you have already installed the operating system so I don't know if it is more complicated in that case. Anyway, full-disk encryption may be a solution worth considering.
Thank you so much for that info. At this point, it's probably easiest for me to shred the hard drive. What do you think?

Throwmyselfaway

Throwmyselfaway

Not gone yet but soon
Jan 14, 2020
Nope but I will make a goodbye thread

W

WornOutLife

惞惃惈
Mar 22, 2020
I thought about videos...but do you think that may make things harder for those left behind?
Yeah, videos will make things harder but at the same time people who love you might find great to be able to "see you alive again" with a proper goodbye. I even thought about making some jokes in a video so as to show them how happy I am because of CTB.

Reactions: justsad&done