Are you planning to kill yourself?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
In my case I've only ever wished to permanently not exist, wanting to die is all that feels rational as it's the only way to find peace from all suffering and harms, I could never see a point to existing anyway. But sadly not everyone has the privledge of a reliable suicide plan, in my case all the methods are either risky or inaccessible.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori, sserafim and SMmetalhead36
Grimscribe

Grimscribe

In Defense of Non-Existence
May 16, 2023
At the moment? Not at all. I have methods planned in my head all the time, but at this time in my life, suicide is far from my mind.

• Love
Reactions: Cloud Busting
Dying2077

Dying2077

Student
Oct 6, 2023
Someone vote NO ? I think it's a suicide section!

• Yay!
Reactions: Praestat_Mori
Old Friend

Old Friend

Sleep well, Airstrip One.
Sep 24, 2023
I haven't decided on a method yet. I'm considering either sn or inert gas. I can't really plan until I've made my mind up.

The doctor, yesterday, asked me if I was suicidal. She said I must tell her if I am, especially if I have a plan. I said "no", naturally. At least she's signed me off work for two weeks.

• Hugs
LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022
Suicidal contemplation can take many forms and this forum is open for all of them.

The doctor, yesterday, asked me if I was suicidal. She said I must tell her if I am, especially if I have a plan. I said "no", naturally. At least she's signed me off work for two weeks.
Lol. "Offer yourself up on a silver platter so I can lock you up". Bitch please.

• Yay!
Reactions: hermestrimegistus, Cloud Busting, Praestat_Mori and 4 others
F

florasanadam

Life is a Joke
Mar 20, 2023
I tried to kill my self many times and everytime I failed because of diffirent stuffs. Im not working or trying anymore for this but I'm always looking for danger to put myself in like I don't check whether my gun is unloaded or look left or right when crossing the street or just I'm not wary of people's aggression.

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, SMmetalhead36 and NearlyIrrelevantCake
HollowDrop

HollowDrop

ah
Oct 4, 2023
Not entirely set in stone for me until my last anchor to life is gone but I am actively planning it for the future. Joining the forum has been amazing thanks to all the resources that help planning a proper sendoff for minimal risks. Sometimes I really wish I CTB earlier but life be like that.

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, GM28, MatrixPrisoner and 1 other person
NearlyIrrelevantCake

NearlyIrrelevantCake

The Cake Is A Lie
Aug 12, 2021
or just I'm not wary of people's aggression.

I feel that. I've stopped avoiding confrontations in public and even become aggressive myself sometimes. I step into situations to defend others more readily. If someone hurts or kills me, then good.

• Hugs
Reactions: Cloud Busting, Praestat_Mori and MatrixPrisoner
wanttodie

wanttodie

Enlightened
Apr 19, 2018
Yes, definitely no matter what

Reactions: Praestat_Mori, pthnrdnojvsc, SMmetalhead36 and 2 others
AllCatsAreGrey

AllCatsAreGrey

they/he
Sep 27, 2023
I answered "probably", but I think the real answer is "Yes, ... no matter what" as I do feel it will be my end, it's just a matter of timing.

• Hugs
Geist

Geist

F this forum and its members. Nothing but pussies.
Oct 7, 2023
I will die through either suicide or a drug-overdose... if natural causes like heart-failure or a stroke won't get me first, since I have a very sedentary lifestyle.

But the way things are going right now, I'll have to opt for suicide come new year. Being homeless in winter just doesn't sound like something I want to go through, especially without even owning a car or anything.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Spiritual survivor, Cloud Busting, Praestat_Mori and 1 other person
plzgivemebooks

plzgivemebooks

Lord Of The Guys
Oct 3, 2023
Nah, not really I mean I've thought about it but I don't think I'll go through with it at least not now.

• Hugs
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
What are your thoughts?
Yeah, I've always known that I would die young and die this way. I feel like I'm destined to. I want to ctb before 25 maximum and I will no matter what. I never want to get old or become a real adult!

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: MatrixPrisoner and Praestat_Mori
S

SMmetalhead36

Ready to have my forever date with suicide
Oct 6, 2023
Yes. I sure am.

Reactions: MatrixPrisoner
BlazingBob

BlazingBob

I'm still here b/c of my dogs
Oct 28, 2021
I prefer the term self deliverance. I'm diseased and there's no cure. The only thing standing in my way are the dogs I take care of but lately things have become so unbearable I might end up doing it anyway. A person can only take so much. My life is over whether I like it or not. Ctb is 100% in my case. It would probably be different if I were healthy. Health is everything. Without it life is not worth living.

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori and Ligand
Trakehner

Trakehner

Student
Apr 22, 2023
I plan on dying within the next 18 months at most but haven't decided on a method. The only thing keeping me alive is the fear of failing, surviving, and being in an even worse situation than before.

• Hugs
Reactions: hermestrimegistus, Praestat_Mori, SMmetalhead36 and 3 others
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
I plan on dying within the next 18 months at most but haven't decided on a method. The only thing keeping me alive is the fear of failing, surviving, and being in an even worse situation than before.
Yeah same. That would suck. That's literally my biggest fear and worst nightmare

• Hugs
Reactions: EternalShore
EternalShore

EternalShore

Hardworking Lass who Dreams of Love~ 💕✨
Jun 9, 2023
yeah, same! >_< I want to be one and done! I don't want to go the hospital or the psych ward and literally ruin my life that way! >_< If I miss so much as one thing, my life might as well be over! :(
And I swear, if my college catches wind of me being psych warded and determines that overloading on credits every semester is the reason behind it (it's not, in fact, it's beneficial), then I got to redouble my efforts! xD

Last edited:
  • Hugs
dreamingofpeace

dreamingofpeace

Oct 6, 2023
im tryna live in general but i need security in having a way out if shit hits the fan. at the end of the day if nothing else comes up and i reach old age its good to know i have an exit plan to avoid getting put in a home. i dont feel like rolling the dice to see if i get put in a nice one lol. I've seen how people get treated and i won't risk spending my last years in that shit, I'd much rather go out as peacefully as I can. sometimes i think i definitely do wanna do it myself no matter what, just bc being able to control how u go out is really appealing to my ocd, other times i think no i dont rly wanna have to do it but its a huge relief to know I can
it's prolly people who've gone in recovery since joining

Last edited:
MatrixPrisoner

MatrixPrisoner

Enlightened
Jul 8, 2023
I prefer the term self deliverance. I'm diseased and there's no cure. The only thing standing in my way are the dogs I take care of but lately things have become so unbearable I might end up doing it anyway. A person can only take so much. My life is over whether I like it or not. Ctb is 100% in my case. It would probably be different if I were healthy. Health is everything. Without it life is not worth living.
What is your ailment, if you don't mind me asking?

pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019
Yes definitely I will kill "myself", self hah just cells a torture chamber . Only thing holding me up is fear of failure and remaining alive in a worse condition

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: antilife, hermestrimegistus, Cloud Busting and 2 others
kilowatt

kilowatt

Guns don't kill people I kill people
Sep 9, 2023
Being suicidal doesn't always mean you'll act upon your thoughts. It takes a considerate amount of time and thought to actually take matters into your own hands. Some people simply wish to die but suicide is not an easy option.

• Hugs
Reactions: hermestrimegistus, charcoalcat, Praestat_Mori and 1 other person
Ε. Η. R.

Ε. Η. R.

Experienced
Oct 5, 2023
Yes. I would like to do it before the new year.

• Hugs
iamsofkntired

iamsofkntired

Neither death can do us apart
Sep 28, 2023
yes , its all I've ever wanted from life

• Hugs
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
It will depend on the circumstances whether CTB is required or not.

• Hugs
Reactions: Solar1703 and NocturnILL
NocturnILL

NocturnILL

She will become the wind…
Sep 11, 2023
I am not actively planning as of right now but I do feel like my end will ultimately be CTB. Timing and circumstances plan big roles for me.

• Hugs
D

Deleted member 65988

About 95% there.

• Hugs
Reactions: Solar1703 and Praestat_Mori
SilentSadness

SilentSadness

Vultures circle overhead
Feb 28, 2023
Sadly it's not like I have a choice, suicide is just so difficult and risky.

• Hugs
Arihman

Arihman

Efilist, atheist, pro-right to die.
Jun 8, 2023
Yes, it will probably be by hanging, either partial or full, since SN costs, and isn't that readily avaliable. Life is garbage, humans are mostly scumbags, and I don't want to live in a world where they exist. Also, life has no inherent redeeming purpose, all it can do (and often doesn't do, or does imperfectly and inappropriately) is solving problems that it itself created. It's like throwing a child into the ocean for the sake of saving him from drowning, so he can appreciate what it's like to no longer be in danger, because by not throwing him into the ocean he otherwise wouldn't be able to be grateful for not drowning. It's basically a sadistic and idiotic game where you can't win, you can only become better at cutting your losses, as in, eliminating or preventing harm.

There is no good reason for life to exist on a general level, and on an individual level, the only good reasons I could see are things like you having it good, having a high enough chance to have it good in the future, having previously (and willingly) promised your loved ones that you will stay (yes, I know a few people who did this), or helping prevent or fix suffering in the world at large (e.g. a doctor trying to find a cure for cancer). In all these cases, however, it's still all about fixing problems created by existence, problems that wouldn't have been there if sentient life didn't become a thing in the first place.

Suicide eliminates your current suffering, while also preventing all possible future harm, since the dead, at least under a materialist view of the world, can neither suffer nor crave the (real or alleged) goods of life. That's why I'm going to ctb soon enough. And, as usual, I don't care about the harm to loved ones, firstly because, if they think the end of my pain is not a good idea, they don't deserve affection in the first place, and secondly, because the harm imposed by one's suicide is likely not comparable to the harm of continuing a life you hate.

Reactions: Lookoutbelow and Solar1703