Are you leaving a note?

• Total voters
KolechiaPurple

KolechiaPurple

May 2, 2019
Im back and forth about leaving a note. I've heard that leaving a note rarely helps the family members you left behind but on the other hand, it feels shitty leaving without a word. I think I might just leave a little message about how much I love them but nothing more. What about you guys?

Reactions: Thanatos, Circles and Soul
A

ArtVandelay

Experienced
Apr 15, 2019
I'm going to leave one. I have a rough draft I've been working on, but it's hard to decide how much detail I should go into. I'm trying to explain it as a rational decision, without placing blame on anyone or sounding too whiny. If it doesn't help family members, then hopefully it will at least save the police time and resources they would be wasting on a death investigation.

Reactions: Circles and KolechiaPurple
Tabbyql

Tabbyql

Chronic people pleaser
Mar 13, 2019
I will be leaving a note, with a full explanation it's just a case of trying to prevent it becoming a novel.

Reactions: GreyMagic, Circles, Kassender and 1 other person
DepressionsAHo

DepressionsAHo

Heaven gained a new ho
Feb 15, 2019
Im back and forth about leaving a note. I've heard that leaving a note rarely helps the family members you left behind but on the other hand, it feels shitty leaving without a word. I think I might just leave a little message about how much I love them but nothing more. What about you guys?
In my most desperate of moments, I've no desire to leave a note, but eventually that goes away so right now I'm struggling between the one I have currently and cutting it all down to two lyrics, two lines. Simple, effective and probably cruel to leave them with no explanation

Reactions: Circles, KnightBlade and KolechiaPurple
C

CelebrateWithMe

May 3, 2019
I suppose that it will be shock for some people so note with short (but direct) explonation should be helpful. I want to avoid any misinterpretation or blaming someone for my action. Without any personal letters ("goodbye, love you" etc.), just simply answers.

Reactions: Circles and ArtVandelay
A

Anonymous6657

Apr 27, 2019
No I had wrote a note and then decided not to commit suicide, but then my mom found it and told her entire family and everyone else in her proximity and I've lost everything since then. If she wouldn't have found the note I might not be ctb, but now I'm 100% doing it now. Don't care anymore at all.

I have no actual connections with anyone at all so there is no reason to leave a not imo.

Reactions: Circles
iwannaendme

iwannaendme

May 3, 2019
No I had wrote a note and then decided not to commit suicide, but then my mom found it and told her entire family and everyone else in her proximity and I've lost everything since then. If she wouldn't have found the note I might not be ctb, but now I'm 100% doing it now. Don't care anymore at all.

I have no actual connections with anyone at all so there is no reason to leave a not imo.
Gosh, what did she told you when she found it?

A

Anonymous6657

Apr 27, 2019
Gosh, what did she told you when she found it?
She tried to put me in counseling/mental hospital, etc. but I said no and just ignored and she would try to hold me and tell me everything was going to be alright. Just go away. Everyone tells you to do it, and she has even tried/threatened to kill me at some point, but god forbid you actually try to do it. Suddenly you aren't a useless sack of garbage and everybody just wants the best for you.

Reactions: Circles and Kassender
tiggles2000

tiggles2000

Student
Jan 15, 2019
I have a note typed and printed. It is only about 1 short paragraph explaining that I have been considering this for a long time and no one is to blame

Reactions: Circles and Raggas
Escaper Boy

Escaper Boy

累坏了...
Apr 11, 2019
I don't think I want to write note for my family. I dislike them for many reasons. But, I'll certainly write a proper goodbye thread when I ctb, together with a farewell poetry I write for myself. SS is my true family now. I don't want to leave without saying goodbye.

Reactions: Circles, LaBrava, KolechiaPurple and 2 others
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
Yes, I am leaving a note (if and when I do CTB) as that would explain my reasoning behind my CTB and also seek to comfort those around me. Whatever and however they choose to interpret it, that I cannot control so I don't try to dread about that. If they choose to be sad, angry, upset, then that is beyond my control and quite frankly irrelevant after I'm dead (I won't be around to witness it).

Lobo64

Lobo64

Apr 12, 2019
No note, was never married, no children, no brothers, no sisters, all 2 grand'pa and grand'ma are no more here, my father died in 1982, I still have my mom, she's 85 and sick she can't get up alone from the bed or go to the bathroom and that's the reason why I'm still here.

• Aww..
Reactions: TheBlackSwordsman, Circles, JCStar01 and 1 other person
JadedGray

JadedGray

Life Eternal
Jul 24, 2018
Yes, I left notes during all my past attempts. I never know what to really say and usually just write a 1 page note that morning. I usually just write about how unhappy life has made me and that I don't hold any ill will towards them (my parents). It also helps to avoid any kind of police investigation, even when it looks like an obvious suicide. Interestingly enough, I've read that most people don't leave a note, but that might be due to it being impulsive instead of planned or just lack of energy.

G

Garyjd

If there is a hell, its man made and we all live i
May 2, 2019
I'm thinking of going with a video note, at least then the cops cant try to blame others and also I think it would be an easier way to describe my reasoning and that maybe things can be explained and understood better. My family will be hurt but I dont think that is avoidable.

lost in my mind

lost in my mind

Woman
May 3, 2019
I'm thinking of going with a video note, at least then the cops cant try to blame others and also I think it would be an easier way to describe my reasoning and that maybe things can be explained and understood better. My family will be hurt but I dont think that is avoidable.
I thought about it as well but I kinda scared it could be more dramatic and traumatic to watch me talking and crying while I am no longer exists . Idk

G

Garyjd

May 2, 2019
I thought about it as well but I kinda scared it could be more dramatic and traumatic to watch me talking and crying while I am no longer exists . Idk
[/QUOTE
It's kind of a sensitive topic, I dont know either
On my last attempt I didnt leave a note because it was on impulse, I was so close but I was found unconscious and put on life support and I'll tell you when I woke up I was screaming mad. My point anyway is that I dont know what would be a better note or if anything at all

Last edited:
lost in my mind

lost in my mind

Woman
May 3, 2019
On my last attempt I didnt leave a note because it was on impulse, I was so close but I was found unconscious and put on life support and I'll tell you when I woke up I was screaming mad. My point anyway is that I dont know what would be a better note or if anything at all
I know that for me, not leaving a note will be more devastating just because I never share my family about whats going on with me (I'm in hospital and being cared) so leaving them like that could leave so many question marks and more guilt...

Reactions: TheBlackSwordsman and Circles
G

Garyjd

May 2, 2019
I know that for me, not leaving a note will be more devastating just because I never share my family about whats going on with me (I'm in hospital and being cared) so leaving them like that could leave so many question marks and more guilt...
Definately a good point

brbr

brbr

May 2, 2019
I feel like shit for hurting my parents and my family. The least I can do is justify myself and tranquilize them.

Reactions: Circles and temp1234
Gorgon

Gorgon

A sad sad
May 1, 2019
It's turning into a book

marcusuk63

marcusuk63

CTB
Mar 24, 2019
Yeah ," Sorry but my plans did not work out how i wished , even the £500k i have managed to squirrel away for my escape from society will just sit there getting gathering dust " .....I have not got £500k but it will take their minds off my death trying to find it lol

Reactions: KnightBlade, Circles and AtomicNewt
Youthanasia

Youthanasia

Wanderer
Apr 18, 2019
Yes, "Good job". Simple, objective, not too salty.

Reactions: Circles, zer05mdy and marcusuk63
lost in my mind

lost in my mind

Woman
May 3, 2019
Yeah ," Sorry but my plans did not work out how i wished , even the £500k i have managed to squirrel away for my escape from society will just sit there getting gathering dust " .....I have not got £500k but it will take their minds off my death trying to find it lol
Lol but it's sad
It's turning into a book
Mine too

Donewitheverything

Donewitheverything

Ultimate Despair
Apr 8, 2019
If I did CTB, I at least owe the ones around me an explanation. I wouldn't want anyone to blame themselves for my choice. A note would be perfect, in this case.

T

temp1234

Jun 12, 2019
I wrote like a rough draft, but then my hand hurt. Lol. So I've been actually thinking about leaving a cassette recording of what I want to say to everyone. I guess it'd also be a nice thing for them to have because they'd be able to listen to my voice. Or maybe it'll make it worse for them? I'm not quite sure, but leaving a recording is definitely on the table for me.

BridgeJumper

BridgeJumper

The Arsonist
Apr 7, 2019
Yeah, one thats over 5 pages long lol

BACONF

BACONF

I have become a husk of myself.
Nov 13, 2018
Im leaving a note for my friends (the ones they truly loved me) and note for my family who are the biggest assholes I've ever meet that and I dont want a catolic funeral crap. Just burn me and use me as feftilizer at least I will be finally useful.

Reactions: Circles and AtomicNewt
secondtimesthecharm

secondtimesthecharm

Jun 14, 2019
I'm undecided thus far. If I do, I'd likely only leave one for my mother, as she's the only person I truly feel bad about leaving behind like this. I also did text notes to my closest friends before my last attempt, which is a big part of why it failed, so I can't chance it again.

There's a spiteful part of me that does want to mail something to my ex, so that he knows that I'm dead. Can't help but want to twist the knife a bit from beyond the grave.

Koal

Koal

Student
Dec 16, 2018
I'm not going to be leaving a note, at this point I haven't got anything to say anymore.

blanketyblk

blanketyblk

Mage
Jun 9, 2019
i said it before in another post like this. no point leaving a note. everyone i care about has already checked out. all that will be near by body, will be a copy of my will, my drivers license and my lawyers phone number who will take care of everything. that's it.

• Hugs
Reactions: Circles, marcusuk63 and AtomicNewt