• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

sserafim

sserafim

the darker the night, the brighter the stars
Sep 13, 2023
No but my crush called me "emo" lol

• Love
Reactions: TheGoodGuy
Malaria

Malaria

If I can't be my own, I'd feel better dead
Feb 24, 2024
I've been called emo, but I'm not really sure if I am. I do listen to emo, goth, and alternative music though.

TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
No but my crush called me "emo" lol
That is how my depression started, I got called Emo by my first girlfriend and it went from there and tbh I still think I am Emo or Goth today.
I've been called emo, but I'm not really sure if I am. I do listen to emo, goth, and alternative music though.
As in the answer above. I still think you might be emo/ emotionally even if you don´t dress like it. it´s not entirely up to music style it could be both or two things seperately. You could be Emo musicially or just in style or both

Last edited:
Malaria

Malaria

Feb 24, 2024
That is how my depression started, I got called Emo by my first girlfriend and it went from there and tbh I still think I am Emo or Goth today.

As in the answer above. I still think you might be emo/ emotionally even if you don´t dress like it. it´s not entirely up to music style it could be both or two things seperately. You could be Emo musicially or just in style or both
I think "alternative" is closer to how I'd describe myself if I'm being honest. But sometimes I can be pretty goth or emo as well. I've dressed goth before.

sserafim

sserafim

the darker the night, the brighter the stars
Sep 13, 2023
I think my crush called me emo cuz he knew I was depressed lol

• Love
Reactions: TheGoodGuy
Malaria

Malaria

Feb 24, 2024
I think I would have dressed goth more if my parents weren't so strict tbh. I loved dressing in black and talking about death when I was younger. I also enjoyed reading horror stories. But my parents noticed that and took that away from me and tried to influence me to read more "positive" books. They insisted to me that being goth would have had a negative influence in my life. ngl, I kinda resent them for that. Because it feels like they were censoring a form of self expression for me.

sick.faery

sick.faery

Mar 18, 2021
not anymore but used to be from like 15 to 20

Aesthetic guy

Aesthetic guy

Just hanging around...
Dec 13, 2022
in my 15-20 i was emo
in my 20-25 i was goth
now im just ryan gosling

397249103 841782987433556 5701659557775980272 n

• Yay!
Reactions: Circles
untothedepths

untothedepths

I am falling I am fading I have lost it all
Mar 20, 2023
I was called emo by my surrogate slavemaster because I cried a lot around her and I liked the "goth" trend, so I wore a lot of black. I hated being called emo and denied it, but it was just another way for her to insult me. I.E. "You're so emo crying all the time, someone should give you a real reason to cry". I'm so apologetic I failed her expectations of not crying. Would be much easier if it wasn't how my shitty brain was hardwired.

P

psp3000

Enlightened
May 20, 2023
definitely a mix of a few on this chart but Goth of the geeky variety

edit: but I think I refer to myself as alternative only now since the last time I identified as Goth I was seen as a potential threat

because of how many Goth people were viewed as potential school shooters (even in modern times as this experience/my experience with this was around 2018) after Columbine and how people assumed or started some rumors that the shooters liked or listened to Marilyn Manson

after learning more about this and how it affected different subcultures I understood why I was also treated or seen that way it still bothers me (the event where I was treated as such)

the_goth__stereo__types_family_tree_by_trellia_d6s5ncf-pre.jpg

Last edited:
justcallmeJ

justcallmeJ

<3
Nov 9, 2023
I loved the music and style when i was young, but i was never allowed to even be slighty alternative looking, now im probably as emo as i can be xD

666aphom3t

666aphom3t

Apr 2, 2023
same as ^^ im scemo now politically punk musically every alternative genre i hear about

cgrtt.brns

cgrtt.brns

wandering ghost (he/him)
Apr 19, 2023
used to be really emo, still kind of am but my hairs thinned so much i dont have much of a fringe anymore so i started shaving and dying the sides and leaving the top and back black so i have kind of a mini mohawk that i just never style. i wear mostly band shirts and oversized band hoodies and either ripped jeans or my crust pants (just alternative style black trousers that i put patches and chains n shit on) and either black converse or boots. when i was a teenager all i rly ever listened to was stuff like mcr and bmth, now i listen to a bunch of different bands and genres my music taste is all over the place lol. ive p much lost interest in fashion completely, i just wear whatevers comfortable, but i do sometimes wish i felt comfortable enough to dress up a bit more emo/goth/punk. sometimes i wear eyeliner still but idk if it rly suits me anymore. ive also got the stereotypical emo snake bites and stretched ears lol. so yeah ig alternative is how id describe myself now.

• Love
Reactions: soulkitty
M

mars_b4rz

Mar 2, 2023
Fuck. Yes. Himmie with some of your emo shit

m4rius

m4rius

Dec 23, 2022
I'm kinda alternative. Music, behaviour, style, etc.

I'd love to buy fashionable, alternative outfits to have but I don't feel I look good enough to wear them. Plus I'm poor rn.

• Love
Alltheywanted

Alltheywanted

I'll just lay here and die
Mar 6, 2023
I was called emo once or twice in my life, but it was probably due to my character.

Sprite_Geist

Sprite_Geist

NULL
May 27, 2020
None, but I have still been labelled as the first two. People have called me an "Emo" in the past for my appearance, and this is irritating because my dress sense does not even vaguely fit the stereotype, and I have never followed the subculture either; simultaneously those who are actually a part of this subculture, and identify as an Emo, want (or wanted) nothing to do with me.

• Love
soulkitty

soulkitty

Just a shell of who I once was.
Apr 6, 2024
I really love alternative and goth clothing, I also love pastel goth ^^

Crash_Bash_Dash

Crash_Bash_Dash

Apr 23, 2024
I wish I would have gotten into goth subculture a few years back but didn't because I didn't yet wholly embrace the subculture and thought I would look like a poser if I would dress something that strikes to others as goth. I started to like the music though last year (f.e. Siouxie and the Banshees) and aesthetics/philosophy I've liked longer.

I've liked metal music longer back from my high-school years though and have those band shirts even though I don't enjoy metal music as much as before sadly because of my problems and nowadays sensibility... :'(

So yeah, I really haven't dressed like them but I appreciate the subculture otherwise. Maybe someday, maybe... If this all turns some other way around miraculously.

Last edited:
  • Love
$crim

$crim

skincarver
Feb 12, 2023
i used to be a hardcore emo/scene kid from 13-18, but now im just a weird mix of grunge/fairycore and alternative
ive been looking into trad goth styles though and adore the big eyeliner and whatnot, and the music will always iconic!

• Hugs
4am

4am

there’s nothing for you (it/its)
Dec 14, 2023
i kinda always wanted to dress goth, but i've always been too lazy and unskilled and socially anxious to commit to the bit

• Hugs
M

mars_b4rz

Mar 2, 2023
Does screamo count?
Cause I'm pretty into Brand New. For goth I'd probably have to go type o negative.

Last edited: