• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Are you beyond saving?

• Total voters
SnakesButNoLadder

SnakesButNoLadder

"Don't trip on what is behind you" • UK
Jan 15, 2024
Are you beyond saving?

As in, is there anything that can make you feel happy again.

If you're beyond saving (Yes), nothing achievable can help. If your enemy died, you'd still be suicidal. If you got closure, you'd still want to die. If you got money you'd still be sad.

If you're not beyond saving (No). There is something achievable that would make you feel happy again. Be that money, closure, a relationship, or something realistic.

( Would be interesting to hear what would "save" you, please reply what you'd need in life to be happy again )

Reactions: Kimlett and a.fool
Slow_Farewell

Slow_Farewell

Warlock
Dec 19, 2023
Honestly, it's money. Won't lie.
I'm not exactly poor, don't get me wrong. And CTB for now is based on how things are currently going, with the current resources.
But with a certain amount, I think I wouldn't CTB because there's things I would like to try that I currently cant because of the financial constraints.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: LoiteringClouds, wondering&wandering, Beforourspring and 8 others
Leavesfromthevine

Leavesfromthevine

Untreated Trauma
Nov 23, 2023
I've got enough money to be content with.
I've also been trying a bunch of new things since anything that previously brought me happiness no longer does. Nothing has been working.

I don't think I could recover but I could continue to exist if I wanted.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: LoiteringClouds, Isisnefert, ijustwishtodie and 4 others
R

Redacted24

Might be Richard Cory... or not
Nov 20, 2023
For me, if I can get myself out of my current toxic environment, find any residual traces of humanity inside me, and find someone kind that likes me and accepts me, I think that would bring contentedness and willingness to continue.
An occasional hug helps.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: LoiteringClouds, ijustwishtodie, Eternal Eyes and 5 others
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
Clear answer: No.

Money would save me. That's actually the only problem I have that causes me depressive episodes.

• Love
Reactions: SnakesButNoLadder and trashhologram
milquetoast

milquetoast

sometimes the longest rain yields no rainbow
Aug 21, 2023
to be honest, i don't know. maybe i just haven't found that one thing that will ignite some sort of resolve to keep on living. as of right now i'm just living due to a few people in my life, if they weren't here i'd probably would've ctb'd in high school. i still have lingering thoughts of wanting to do it but the fear of making the people i love feel worse about life and probably end up in the same pit as i am is a good stopgap i think.

• Love
Reactions: SnakesButNoLadder and trashhologram
A

a.fool

Student
Jun 27, 2023
Are you beyond saving?

As in, is there anything that can make you feel happy again.

If you're beyond saving (Yes), nothing achievable can help. If your enemy died, you'd still be suicidal. If you got closure, you'd still want to die. If you got money you'd still be sad.

If you're not beyond saving (No). There is something achievable that would make you feel happy again. Be that money, closure, a relationship, or something realistic.

( Would be interesting to hear what would "save" you, please reply what you'd need in life to be happy again )
Getting into med school, studying well, getting specialization and then helping people as much as I can and getting alot of money too and seeing my loved ones happy and healthy.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Mayonaise and SnakesButNoLadder
Neverfeltdeader

Neverfeltdeader

Can you hear me drift away?
Dec 12, 2021
Honestly, it's money. Won't lie.
I'm not exactly poor, don't get me wrong. And CTB for now is based on how things are currently going, with the current resources.
But with a certain amount, I think I wouldn't CTB because there's things I would like to try that I currently cant because of the financial constraints.
100% I feel the same.

• Love
Reactions: SnakesButNoLadder
TheSpookyNameGuy

TheSpookyNameGuy

There's nothing here..
Apr 30, 2023
I believe im past saving in the typical sense.

Life certainly would be less stressful if i could work my job and be paid more for it.

I've had money though and didn't spend it because material objects don't give me satisfaction. I lack purpose and fully believe that my brain/personality is simply untouchable in regards to recovery.

Too many existential thoughts and poking my head into dark bleak areas out of curiosity i feel has padlocked me. I know all this is temporary and i can't find life because of it.

• Love
trashhologram

trashhologram

⚰ Baby, let me decompose ⚰
Dec 15, 2023
I don't know. Right now I'm in a very negative headspace but when I'm feeling been I have some hope. What could save me? Getting effective mental health treatment but as a junkie I can't get it soooo 🤷‍♀️ Guess I'll die.

• Love
Reactions: Isisnefert, ctvunny and SnakesButNoLadder
Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
I have a short list of things I would need fixed to consider myself "saved", but I doubt they are achievable, and I have absolutely no idea if accomplishing that complicated repair would actually make life worth living.

• Love
johann_liebert

johann_liebert

Im freien Fall nach oben
Nov 11, 2023
Absolutely. Only a wonder could bring me back to lead a normal life. And even then there would have been so many things that I missed out on, and needed to work on, that I would probably just end up CTBing over the overwhelm of having to catch up on everything.

L

LibertyLily

Jul 30, 2022
Wanting things and actually being able to get them are separate.

You can look with awe inside a space telescope at all the wondrous galaxies there are out there but you aren't going to get to any of them.

Thinking that you can get anywhere is exactly what society wants you to think so you'll carry on putting in more than what you're getting in return under the illusion that you will one day 'make it' like them.

Life isn't some probabilistic thing where anyone can 'make it' and the people who seemingly 'make it' don't usually start from the position of someone who hasn't.

You can only have money if other people don't have money. This is literally how money works. It's a concoction of society to get people to agree that they're worth less than other people.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Isisnefert, IBM0000 and ijustwishtodie
SnakesButNoLadder

SnakesButNoLadder

"Don't trip on what is behind you" • UK
Jan 15, 2024
I think you're confusing wanting things with actually being able to get them.

You can look with awe inside a space telescope at all the wondrous galaxies there are out there but you aren't going to get to any of them.

Thinking that you can get anywhere is exactly what society wants you to think so you'll carry on putting in more than what you're getting in return under the illusion that you will one day 'make it' like them.

Life isn't some probabilistic thing where anyone can succeed at it and the people who 'succeed' never started from your position to begin with.

You can only have money if other people don't have money. This is literally how money works. It's a concoction of society to get people to agree that they're worth less than other people.
I said in the post "achievable" twice and "realistic".

I know there are some things that are not reachable, which is what this question is about. It's about whether you "could" be happy again, or not.

If there is someone who is only going to be happy by winning the Euromillions jackpot, that's not "realistic" and if they read the post should vote "yes" they are beyond help.

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I don't think anyone is beyond saving, but the fact that I'm willing to save the ones who many consider irredeemable maybe means I'm just one of them.

The Good Place showed that all many people need is to be saved after death. If it was really possible then yes I think it's possible to save anyone. It's only a show though. Not sure it's actually possible to save everyone.

L

LibertyLily

Jul 30, 2022
I said in the post "achievable" twice and "realistic".

I know there are some things that are not reachable, which is what this question is about. It's about whether you "could" be happy again, or not.

If there is someone who is only going to be happy by winning the Euromillions jackpot, that's not "realistic" and if they read the post should vote "yes" they are beyond help.
I think the answer is to reject societies illusions where possible. Letting others determine your life is self-destructive.

leloyon

leloyon

I'll see you in the Wired.
Feb 4, 2023
I don't think I ever could have been saved.

• Love
Reactions: IBM0000 and SnakesButNoLadder
Kimlett

Kimlett

Jan 7, 2024
I don't know. I'd say yes because I know for experience that nothing achievable will make me happy. Happy is a pretty big word for me. I mean, I have some desires, but I think it doesn't matter if I get all I want, it will never be enough, I'll never feel good enough and my broken mind will find something else to worry and go insane about.

My death would ruin my family forever, so I must stay alive. I try to lower my expectations as much as possible. I don't want to be happy, that's pretty far away. I should be content with having some good moments and some short periods of peace between long periods of suffering, because I think nothing better than that is achievable for me. I try to do my best.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Ontwon, Isisnefert, Celerity and 1 other person
AnHeroTransGirl

AnHeroTransGirl

Experienced
Jul 17, 2023
I believe so. I've tried everything to set my life back in such a way where I'd be happy but nothing has worked. My mental state has gone from "murder bad, go to jail forever is better" to "I don't give a shit if bad people die" to "Just shoot them in the head and they stop being a problem". Sometimes I wish I had a million dollars just to take out one problem person in my life and pay the bail all in the same day. I've become obsessed with revenge as I believe people aren't suffering for the bad shit they do to people, and the few times I did get (non-lethal) revenge people are too stupid to understand that that person deserved it. To me, their suffering is compensation for my pain. So to answer your question, I'm most likely beyond saving.

• Love
  • Aww..
Reactions: Wormfood and WhatPowerIs
UsagiDrop

UsagiDrop

“What a beautiful day to haunt the earth.”
Apr 27, 2023
I voted "don't know." Because, truly, I 'dunno. I'm at least willing to try.

I already have a lot of things that people would want, wish for, or need to live. I would probably say that I have all of the things, except for money. More money would be nice. I would love to not worry about bills, to be able to take care of myself, to repay favors, spoil loved ones, afford therapy and medication again. Maybe I would be happier then. But when I had the money to afford these things, minus the bills, I still wasn't happy. Even with therapy, and medication (that worked for its intended purpose), love from friends and romantic prospects, attention and care, familial support, a privileged lifestyle in general, I still wasn't happy. I still wanted to die. I'm still not happy, and I still want to die.

So, I guess sometimes I just feel broken beyond repair. Like I have too many fragmented parts and too many deep cracks to fill and fix. But I can still be something new, so there's always a chance.

I'm always going to be who I am, though. I'll always have my diagnosis and I'll need to rely on medication forever to stabilize my moods. I'll probably always want to die simply because that's a part of my life's ups and downs. I'll always feel crazy and like I want to rip myself out of my skin, like I'm not really a person among the people that I'm always around. Sometimes I think the real question is whether a life like that is really worth it for me, because no matter how "good" things get and no matter how much things "progress," I don't get better, I'm not convinced that living is worth it… 😅

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Suicidebydeath, Sunü (素女), Ontwon and 4 others
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
I'm beyond saving because I don't want to put in any effort to save myself. I want better outcomes for myself but I don't want to put any effort in to make it happen hence I can't really be saved. You can't save someone who doesn't want to save themselves after all

Reactions: longdeaddyingsoon
N

never mind me

Student
Nov 7, 2022
For me achieving things didn't help. Just makes me wonder what to go on living for, if so many goals have been reached in life and I feel more disinterested in life than ever, not least because I don't have any meaningful life goals left. And even some of the stuff that used to be important to me, doesn't interested me as much as I grow older. Maybe this is a normal thing for getting older, although being at this stage in life in your mid-30s seems quite premature.

qifreys

qifreys

delusional chemistry major
Jan 14, 2024
money (but only like a LOT of it) is the only thing that would save me

T

ThatStateOfMind

Paragon
Nov 13, 2021
Like a lot of others, money would help. I really wish I just had a ton of money, as a lot of issues stem from money-related issues. As for permanently saving me, it may but if I could never find companionship, money alone wouldn't be enough. I want money and love, that would save me I think.

• Love
DeadPilot

DeadPilot

hopeless
Jan 18, 2024
I don't know. Probably not since I have only unrealistic dreams which are beyond my control.
At the same time, I feel like I achieved most of my goals (moving to a new country, getting a good job, etc.), but it didn't bring me any happiness. It feels even worse because I don't have any long-term goals anymore in my life.
Maybe love can save me, but I think with my chronic depression, it's considered unrealistic to find any.

Aliceinborderline

Aliceinborderline

May 13, 2023
For me i really dont know like, i have alot of things going for me in life but also alot of things holding me back. I feel there may be a way forward but even if all my problems vanished over night the lasting dmg is done and ill never be a normal person not that i want to really at this point. For me a key step in moving forward will eventually over coming some of my mental disabilities and trying to find people irl to be friends with and just to try to get myself to a place i can feel content and at peace with. Is this possible idk i really dont but even if i am to ctb next week for as long as i am able i will try to figure out what path suits me best

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Pretty much. Regardless, I want to hang on till my Dad goes first. I think certain things would certainly help me in the short-term. If I can make enough money to survive on from my creative job and if I don't encounter any major health issues, that will make life more or less bearable while I wait. Maybe a few visits to some nice places would be good in that time but long-term? I just don't even have the want to improve my situation drastically. I'm 44. I've already tried that time and time again. (Obviously,) it didn't work out. The best I can hope for is to feel comfortable treading water now while I wait.

D

DeletedAccount0864

Experienced
Dec 17, 2023
It feels that way, but I'm still alive, so I guess there's something keeping me going, so perhaps no. I often just feel I was fated to misery since day one. It's really something people who grew up in nice, loving families can never understand. Everything has just piled up year after year in my life to the point where I'm more or less obsessed with a ghost from the tiny moments where I was happy. I want to get better, to feel happy and positive, though :(