• No

• No, but would like to be

• No, but will be

Results are only viewable after voting.
willitpass

willitpass

Don’t try to offer me help, I’ve tried everything
Mar 10, 2020
So if you are poor and a family member dies you still have to pay the hospital for medical expenses even though they make the money ????
It seems somewhat convoluted but at least in the US it appears that sometimes medical debt is forgiven upon death. First line payment for debts are the deceased's estate, then it move on to next of kin. Most hospital also have a financial assistance program that you can file for if you don't have the money to pay that allows you to either no longer have to pay the bills or set up a payment plan with however much you can afford per month. Unfortunately that's the nature of private medical care, it does not matter how much money you have or what generous deed is being done, money is money.

• Informative
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer and DefinitelyReady
DefinitelyReady

DefinitelyReady

Digging deeper just to throw it away.
Mar 14, 2024
It seems somewhat convoluted but at least in the US it appears that sometimes medical debt is forgiven upon death. First line payment for debts are the deceased's estate, then it move on to next of kin. Most hospital also have a financial assistance program that you can file for if you don't have the money to pay that allows you to either no longer have to pay the bills or set up a payment plan with however much you can afford per month. Unfortunately that's the nature of private medical care, it does not matter how much money you have or what generous deed is being done, money is money.
Yeah for whatever reason I was just not grasping what she was asking.. lol. Thx.

Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer
Chili

Chili

Sep 27, 2023
Yeah, someone might as well make use of my organs

• Hugs
C

Crazyturtle777

I just hope my death makes more sense than my life
May 18, 2024
Idk what your system is, but in America, we can decide when we get our first our ID, so it's a simple/easy process. Yours may require more hoops to become a donor. That being said, are you an organ donor?
I realize any of us who ctb most likely will not be able to donate as we won't meet the criteria. I at least hope they get to use my body for science, but that's paperwork I have yet to go through with.

I actually was despicably outvoted by my family when my dad died. It actually should of been MY sole choice as I'm his true next-of-kin; I am the only blood he had, and he wasn't married to my mom anymore even though we lied and said they were "common law" married.The hospital didn't even know or enforce the law, so I lost the vote. Maybe I didn't want to make a scene, or I couldn't fight them hard enough at the time considering how awful it all was. Hope anyone who reads this doesn't have to make that decision for someone, or if they do, don't at least make the mistake I did. Always text a loved one back. Even if it's just an "I love you."

Yet another effed up way you don't get taken seriously when you're short, look young, and are a woman. This is a big reason why I no longer have a sibling. God only knows what would happen if I ever saw them face-to-face again. I wouldn't agree to meet should they ever ask; I don't want to go to jail for aggravated assault, especially if it's not worth it. Ironically my dad was afraid I'd end up like his brother, who died on Death Row. I never knew what he meant by that... Now I think I may know. Sorry, went down the rabbit hole with that one🙄
Hmm that's true, maybe they don't take organs from a highly intoxicated corpse. But it depends on your method. With poisoning It is very unlikely that they will use your organs for organ donation - but don't quote me, I'm no doctor...
As I understand it, in my country everybody is a potential organ donor by default and to not become one you have to opt out by your own request. Therefore, I am one and I am not planning to change that any time soon.
I kind of like the opt-out solution for organ donors. In our country, you have to clearly agree that organs can be removed after death and even bring a pre-printed ID card with you.R u from Austria ?? 🤔

Last edited:
3/4Dead

3/4Dead

Peace, Love, Empathy
Feb 27, 2024
Yeah, and I'm upset my organs won't be any good once I kill myself.

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori and not-2-b-the-answer
VeryShy

VeryShy

Seriously disabled due to autism and schizophrenia
Jun 21, 2024
Personally, I wouldn't prefer to give my organs away to anyone. My whole body will be cremated when I go, but even if it doesn't I'm keeping what's mine.