Spiny Lobster

Spiny Lobster

Jul 16, 2020
The only things that have stopped me from CTB in the past have been 1) the fear of my friends/family getting traumatized and 2) the fear of death. I can't even sleep at night, I'm so afraid of death. Falling asleep to me is like falling asleep in an eternal slumber, even if I know it's just for eight hours. As much as I don't want to exist, the idea of not existing scares me. What happens when we die? No one knows. Do I want an afterlife for me or not? Not even I know the answer to that question.

It's all too much; I think if I learn not to be afraid of death, I'll be one step closer to my goal of snuffing my life off the face of this Earth.

So what is your take on all this? Why or why should one not be afraid of death?

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: soakmeinbleach, glitxo, Circles and 14 others
dysfunctional

dysfunctional

Arcanist
Oct 26, 2018
No, I want death. I'm afraid of actually killing myself.

• Hugs
Reactions: DivineMedicus, lostangel, imacrybaby and 10 others
lobster salad

lobster salad

overcooked :(
Aug 27, 2020
No. There's nothing to fear about death. We're all going to die someday, most of my elders already faced it. Right now I'm just clearing up and preparing to leave, it's the fear of the method failing that I'm scared about; the worse life I'll be living from failing ctb.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: patheticpartner, DivineMedicus, Tav and 15 others
willitpass

willitpass

Don’t try to offer me help, I’ve tried everything
Mar 10, 2020
the only thing that scares me about it is the unknown... will i reincarnate? will i go to an afterlife? if there is an afterlife is it better or worse than this life? or do i simply cease to exist? do i become a ghost who is trapped in the middle of the world with nowhere to go? but at this point i don't care. as long as it is not this life i do not care

Reactions: Catlovergirl, greyhound, allym101 and 13 others
dropdeadfred

dropdeadfred

Boarding the bus to Everlasting Dreamland ♡
Oct 19, 2020
Death is just the same as being born to me... like an irrational fear. I hope it's an end. I don't want any "life after death" unless it is way more amazing than good food/sex. :sunglasses:

Reactions: allym101, ravergirl, 140339 and 2 others
MrBigSad

MrBigSad

Experienced
Sep 30, 2020
I had a previous attempt and failed. What's stopping me is 1. Traumatising parents and 2. I really don't want to end up a vegetable.

• Hugs
Reactions: Cyan1999, Roberto, megafire and 6 others
Bootleg Astolfo

Bootleg Astolfo

Glorious Bean Plushie
Oct 12, 2020
Not really, I mean, it can't possibly be worse than this shit existence.

Reactions: DivineMedicus, TripleA, Metalhead and 6 others
Shades of Grey

Shades of Grey

Student
Jun 17, 2020
I don't buy into the concept of an afterlife, so no worries there. What scares me is the prospect of failure and ending up alive in a severely compromised state where I am unable to finish the job and become a burden to others.

While I have never been particularly wary of dying, I suspect that some of my resolve probably comes from losing a loved one who was very young to suicide when I was a teenager.

At the time, I experimented with his method in non-lethal ways because I felt a need to understand what he experienced at the end of his life, and it made suicide feel much more accessible in a way that I hadn't intended. I am not afraid to die. I am afraid that I might survive my attempt to do so.

Last edited:
Reactions: voyager, pthnrdnojvsc, 140339 and 4 others
E

EmptyManForever

My wings were cut and now I can fly no more!
Oct 3, 2020
Im just stuck between life and death, i dont wanna live this "current" life but also im a bit scared to end my life as well ,im just stuck here not knowing how to proceed, its like ill never be happy in "this" life again and i would be less nervous to end my life if i knew what comes after death, and especially if its something good or better than this current life ,the only problem is that i dont know what's after death, that thought right there is scary to me and it keeps me from ending my life

• Hugs
Reactions: soakmeinbleach, clown_17, voyager and 3 others
Spiny Lobster

Spiny Lobster

Jul 16, 2020
Im just stuck between life and death, i dont wanna live this "current" life but also im a bit scared to end my life as well ,im just stuck here not knowing how to proceed, its like ill never be happy in "this" life again and i would be less nervous to end my life if i knew what comes after death, and especially if its something good or better than this current life ,the only problem is that i dont know what's after death, that thought right there is scary to me and it keeps me from ending my life

That's exactly how I'm feeling. I'll never be happy being "me" -- I'd give anything to not feel like "me." I'd give anything to be someone else. But what will happen if I die? Will it be a good thing to shut my brain off forever or is there going to be more where this came from in the afterlife? If I hate being "me" so much, I should be happy and grateful to have the chance to end "me." Yet here I am, scared as all hell.

• Hugs
Reactions: voyager, dropdeadfred and EmptyManForever
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
It's life that terrifies me. Every morning when I wake up and dread going through another day. I'm suffering physically. And I have ptsd from multiple traumas. Death would be a blessing.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Matthias_k, Pho3nix, pthnrdnojvsc and 3 others
Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
It's life that terrifies me. Every morning when I wake up and dread going through another day. I'm suffering physically. And I have ptsd from multiple traumas. Death would be a blessing.
Same here. I dread waking up. Its 6am here, another god damn day.....

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: greebo6, Matthias_k, Spiny Lobster and 1 other person
FarAcrossTheWater

FarAcrossTheWater

Experienced
Sep 4, 2020
Why be afraid of the inevitable?

Reactions: Pho3nix, pthnrdnojvsc, 140339 and 3 others
F

foxdie

Got my ticket
Aug 18, 2020
I don't fear death, I fear injury like others have mentioned. I wish I could just die but the only way is by my own hand and that is where my doubt creeps in. No desire to live, too afraid to kill myself. It's a terrible place to be trapped in I feel you mon ami.

• Hugs
Reactions: Spiny Lobster, Meditation guide, voyager and 2 others
albino_elk

albino_elk

im infj with bpd=dysfunctional trash
Aug 25, 2020
Dot worry baby this is afterlife cuz we came here. We existed much longer that physical world or life itself. Chill. We just forgot for the fun sake. Its okay.

Reactions: yetme
pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019
The only things that have stopped me from CTB in the past have been 1) the fear of my friends/family getting traumatized and 2) the fear of death. I can't even sleep at night, I'm so afraid of death. Falling asleep to me is like falling asleep in an eternal slumber, even if I know it's just for eight hours. As much as I don't want to exist, the idea of not existing scares me. What happens when we die? No one knows. Do I want an afterlife for me or not? Not even I know the answer to that question.

It's all too much; I think if I learn not to be afraid of death, I'll be one step closer to my goal of snuffing my life off the face of this Earth.

I'm Not afraid of Death . A microsecond after death the pain is over for a trillion trillion years . I'm afraid of life and the pain it brings. I'm also afraid of remaining alive but with brain damage so that i won't be able to escape this hell painlessly. it's the only thing stopping me from commiting suicide the fear of remaining alive with brain damage in case of failure. I don't believe in afterlife or reincarnation just non-existence is what i believe will happen to me and i want that : tired of working and everything just want to rest , sleep forever .
Why be afraid of the inevitable?
Death is inevitable and will be here in no time all anyway but a natural neath is usually painful so i have to work fast to make a painless fast suicide my way. Another thing besides the inevetability of Death that no one talks about or even realizes is that time passes much much faster than humans realize. This becomes more apparent after age 40 the decades passed by as they were days. You blink and you're old. 100 years from now will be here in no time at all .

Last edited:
Reactions: dropdeadfred, Spiny Lobster and voyager
Pho3nix

Pho3nix

Wishing for eternal sleep
Oct 20, 2020
I'm not scared of death itself since it's inevitable. What scares me is the process of dying and the pain.

Reactions: dropdeadfred, Spiny Lobster and ITryHard
Dead beat dad

Dead beat dad

Enlightened
Mar 5, 2019

In a nutshell I'm tired of living, but scared of dying. Until one outweighs the other this will be the lamentable misery of it all

• Love
  • Aww..
Reactions: soakmeinbleach, clown_17, dropdeadfred and 4 others
ecmnesia

ecmnesia

the only thing humans are equal in is death
Aug 30, 2020
no. in fact I crave non-existence, the absence of sensations, thoughts and pain.

curiously tho, after years of holding the same beliefs (and I still do) when I finally purchased the items to cbt, when cbt were within my hands reach, the abstract concept finally materialising, even if it was for barely milliseconds (can't really tell cause somehow my perspective of time got distorted) I got scared.

the way my body would look when dead, how'd it decompose reducing me into pieces and gases.
I hold no beliefs whatsoever, no heaven, no hell, no reincarnation. still, on that moment, it scared me to think that maybe, just maybe, there was a 0.0000001% chance that somehow after death I'd be force to regain consciousness somehow, therefore condemned to "exist" with the burden of my final choice. trapped within the void for eternity reliving the memories, somehow constantly aware about the pain I inflicted into others with my choice.

it was nothing but a lapse. a fantasy, (or a nightmare if you will) structured by my own mind perhaps as a survival strategy. none the less that fear crawled into my bones and there it's stays dormant. there is probably no reasoning against it.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: soakmeinbleach, clown_17, dropdeadfred and 1 other person
Caspers

Caspers

Lost
Jun 23, 2020
I'm not afraid of death and having died once, I don't believe in an afterlife. I am ready to welcome death. As many others, I am afraid of hurting friends/family/my dog

Reactions: dropdeadfred, Spiny Lobster and pthnrdnojvsc
L

Lilium

May 2, 2020
I don't fear death, I just dislike pain.

Reactions: Spiny Lobster, yetme and pthnrdnojvsc
xLosthopex

xLosthopex

Tell my dogs I love them
May 29, 2020
I'm scared of the dying process not so much death itself, I'm an atheist but there are times I get moments of panic, especially now because my ctb date is very soon, where I fear that there is some kind of afterlife because I want there to just be nothing, like after going through all the effort of ctb for there just to be another life after this I'll be pretty fucking pissed!

• Hugs
Reactions: Marauder, foxdie, dropdeadfred and 2 others
voyager

voyager

Don't you dare go hollow...
Nov 25, 2019
Death itself doesn't scare me. Terror beyond doesn't seem logical to me, and even if there was it's inevitable and we can merely delay it. I see it more as a conlusion to life, possibly a gateway. It could lead to nothingness, but it might very well lead to more considering infinity as a timescale. I'm actually somewhat curious and excited.

What really terrifies me though is failing. The thought of preparing my mind to end this life just to show up here again brings me a lot of unease. The social stigma, the hurt caused, possibly being worse off and unable to try again that's what scares me. I can't shake this feeling that I'm destined to fail or at the very least suffer a complicated passing filled with miserable thoughts.

• Hugs
Reactions: foxdie, dropdeadfred, Spiny Lobster and 1 other person
RottenDeer

RottenDeer

Rotten to the core.
Feb 29, 2020
I'm not afraid of death. I am afraid that it comes before I experienced certain things but I'm not afraid of death itself.

Reactions: Spiny Lobster
gayprince.exe

gayprince.exe

Mar 20, 2018
Hello, mortuary science student here! Part of my courses is the psychology of funeral service and fear of death comes up very often. I have personally accepted death a long time ago through my own experiences but I know others who have gone through terrible things and are suicidal yet they are afraid of death. It's 100% normal to be afraid of death; I'd be rather disturbed if 99.99% of the people in the world wasn't afraid of death.

I personally stopped caring if I died or not a long time ago. I don't know, something just snapped in me one day and I just no longer view death as this daunting thing in my life. I've lived long enough and gone through enough shit to know that I don't want to live. I've seen what life has to offer for me and the cons significantly outweigh the pros. Death is the only other thing for me and I've just accepted it. I'm not afraid of it and honestly, even as a child, I was never too afraid of it.

Reactions: sleep_dealer, dropdeadfred, Spiny Lobster and 3 others
K

Kruger

Arcanist
Dec 26, 2019
No I'm not afraid. I want to get out of this free-range slave farm. However I also want to avoid the reincarnation trap. We are spiritual beings having a human experience - once you ditch the meat suit, you can go home to source. Provided you know about the trap on the other side and the way they trick you into coming back so they can recycle your soul.

Reactions: Spiny Lobster, Abir_london and Homecoming
J

Jean Améry

Enlightened
Mar 17, 2019
Of death itself as in being dead? No. In fact I happen to think it's a most desirable thing and certainly preferable to being alive. Consciousness is a disease and the conditio sine qua non (absolute prerequisite) for experiencing any kind of pain and misery.

Of dying? More so although I hope that when the time comes I'll have figured out a way to do it humanely and peacefully. I'm sure that if I could have acess to a substance that was guaranteed lethal and would knock me out before killing me I'd happily ingest it.

Reactions: Spiny Lobster and Élégie
KClown

KClown

Oct 20, 2020
Its "exist or not exist" for me.

Eternal nothing or 40+ years in the purposeless hell called life. Both are extremely boring, and I already got used to the pain that life brings anyway, I even enjoy it.

So no, I am not afraid to ceace my existance, I worry more about not being able to, and crippling myself in the procces.

Reactions: Spiny Lobster and pthnrdnojvsc
woxihuanni

woxihuanni

Illuminated
Aug 19, 2019
I am terrified of death, but it is not like I will avoid it if I don't ctb. The only difference is the torture and emptiness between now and later.

• Hugs
Reactions: dropdeadfred and Spiny Lobster
M

Matthias_k

Apr 18, 2020
No.Everybody/everything dies. When I was a kid I spent a few years in a war-torn country. Death was something banal, you could see bodies rotting in the streets. After that, God, afterlife, fear of death etc just seemed like vague and stupid concepts.

Reactions: Spiny Lobster