• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Unicr0n

Unicr0n

Stuck in a black hole...
Mar 26, 2024
So why do you want to ctb
1. It would be morally and ethically wrong to reproduce with flawed genes. I am a supporter of some eugenics [karyotyping, gene modification pre-birth and post-birth, that sort of thing]. I would not have been born based on my standards. I will never reproduce as a result [also, I'm asexual and literally cannot get aroused so sex would not be possible]. Due to this, I automatically have no value to 50% of the human population.
2. Autism.
3. Despite having an above average IQ, I seem to have some form of intellectual disability that screws with my ability to perform tasks that normal individuals have no troubles with. I don't know what it is; it makes me feel useless. I often have to repeat experiments because of this. The ADHD might be a factor in this despite being medicated. It makes me feel useless and I believe that if you can't contribute something to this earth then maybe you should stop wasting its resources. I contribute art but I still feel worthless, useless, hopeless.
4. I harm people more than help them. Considering the history of my life, people ultimately would have been better off had I not been born. Every single person in my family. Every single person I've met.
5. I realise I don't belong in this world.

Two reasons haven't killed myself yet: my dog [I don't trust people to keep him at a healthy weight and to keep him active... >60% of dogs and cats are overweight] and I have a fear that it might be the worst mistake I could make. My death will harm more people [my family].

• Hugs
Reactions: marchshift and sserafim
DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023
Before I read it: have you read it entirely? That's a boatload of text. You're editing your previous posts with copied text from the articles that don't really have to do with what we're talking about. eg. this post
View attachment 133715
Just seems really weird to me. Like you took the text from frontiers and ran it through chatgpt to reword it to make it sound like you read the paper. I've caught multiple of my students doing this XD

Please discuss this with me if you actually read the papers and understand and know what you're talking about xD It's a big time waste otherwise :p
So if you're a professor and a research, why ctb?

Also if you're still skeptical, thats fine, but I suggest you look at my thread on triangles and the one on barrels that I wrote as a nerd 🤓

Reactions: marchshift and sserafim
DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023
1. It would be morally and ethically wrong to reproduce with flawed genes. I am a supporter of some eugenics [karyotyping, gene modification pre-birth and post-birth, that sort of thing]. I would not have been born based on my standards. I will never reproduce as a result [also, I'm asexual and literally cannot get aroused so sex would not be possible]. Due to this, I automatically have no value to 50% of the human population.
2. Autism.
3. Despite having an above average IQ, I seem to have some form of intellectual disability that screws with my ability to perform tasks that normal individuals have no troubles with. I don't know what it is; it makes me feel useless. I often have to repeat experiments because of this. The ADHD might be a factor in this despite being medicated. It makes me feel useless and I believe that if you can't contribute something to this earth then maybe you should stop wasting its resources. I contribute art but I still feel worthless, useless, hopeless.
4. I harm people more than help them. Considering the history of my life, people ultimately would have been better off had I not been born. Every single person in my family. Every single person I've met.
5. I realise I don't belong in this world.

Two reasons haven't killed myself yet: my dog [I don't trust people to keep him at a healthy weight and to keep him active... >60% of dogs and cats are overweight] and I have a fear that it might be the worst mistake I could make. My death will harm more people [my family].
Oh, man… that's heavy… well I'm very sorry. You certainly have my compassion. That's crazy about dogs and cats! I didn't realize it wad that high! I'm guessing thats the US? Which shouldn't surprise me that much given our country is… well, so overweight statistically. But damn. I'm am so sorry. Well, on the bright side, I'm sure your research has helped advance science, right?
idk what's going on with the post order here but my response is above your message
Lol idk either
But I honestly just hope you are able to eventually find peace. In whatever form that takes. That's definitely a lot to think about and I do sympathize with you. I absolutely love dogs so I can definitely appreciate your sentiment.

Last edited:
Reactions: sserafim and Unicr0n
Tears in Rain

Tears in Rain

Dec 12, 2023
Some mystics claim that the psyche can live on for as long as a hundred years after the death of the body, as it's fed unto other forms of organic life.
If by psyche you mean the individual personality, then no, it ends at death.

But some mystics believe that the Consciousness/Spirit inside of you carries some memories of your life beyond bodily death, possibly into a new body(i.e. reincarnation). The Spirit/Consciousness/Tao/Inner Truth persists after death, your personality doesn't.

Then probably there's nothingness after death which would be pretty good imo. I heard about the fact that people who have transplanted hearts gained memories and such from the donor.
That whole area of people with a donated heart experiencing personality changes after the donation is interesting. It shows memory is not just something in our heads; the cells throughout our body carry memories.

Before I read it: have you read it entirely? That's a boatload of text. You're editing your previous posts with copied text from the articles that don't really have to do with what we're talking about. eg. this post
View attachment 133715
Just seems really weird to me. Like you took the text from frontiers and ran it through chatgpt to reword it to make it sound like you read the paper. I've caught multiple of my students doing this XD

Please discuss this with me if you actually read the papers and understand and know what you're talking about xD It's a big time waste otherwise :p
Has somebody finally outed @DarkRange55 as a Chatgpt expert? 😆
Just kidding @DarkRange55 ✌️

Reactions: marchshift, Praestat_Mori, Namarupa and 1 other person
tvo

tvo

Student
Apr 3, 2024
Definitely. In the year 2011 I had what is commonly referred to as NDE (Near Death Experience). At that point of dying I (my consciousness) left my physical body along with all the physical pain that came with it, I had no experience of dense emotions (emotional pain). I was very very calm and surprisingly okay with all the messed traumas I had experienced through out my life. I was in a dimensional reality extremely different from this physical one, there was no time (past and future), physicality nor pain, just here and now. The depth of love and euphoria I experienced in that dimension defies description. These higher frequency realities are what we humans call "heaven". Unfortunately I returned back to my current Earthbody.

I now understand why mystics devote their lives to spiritual ascension/enlightenment to transcend the physical and NOT have to come back here in these lower physical planes.

• Love
Reactions: JezebelDuLioncourt and marchshift
DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023
We've grown in vitro neurons in my research. They naturally reach out to each other and form their own neural networks. Once they connect, they begin to synchronise their electrical output. This becomes the beginning markers of consciousness--they are able to react to certain stimuli, which is what we see in those creatures with no neurons! Neurons themselves can react to a breath blown across them (it was fun to test them!) Neurons produce neurotransmitters.

https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/fnhum.2022.767612/full

Neurons are what allow for consciousness. Without neurons, you cannot have consciousness (outside of two of over 1.5 million species, that exhibit neuron-typical activity as well).
I'm a neuroscientist! XD
Please correct me if I'm wrong. I see you haven't been on here for a bit so you haven't seen my PM inquiring about this so no worries. My understanding is:

(In a single universe) quantum systems lack fixed values that can be delineated without considering the context of measurement. (I know you're not a physicist; I'm not a neuroscientist, I'm just nitpicking)

>> It's a fact that consciousness is an emergent property.
It appears to be at least partly an emergent property.

>> A single neuron cannot produce consciousness
Consciousness is not all-or-nothing.

>> Without neurons, you cannot have consciousness
I've read that genomes and RNA/protein) networks already exhibit as much consciousness as networks of ~200 neurons, and it is likely that computers soon will, too.

On free will, yes, (but you are considering only one universe).

• Informative
Reactions: Proteus