P

przeciwwymiotne

Be rude to me at all times, I don't deserve kindne
Jun 27, 2022
I often feel I don't have an identity. No preferences no desires. I wonder if it's caused by my extreme isolation and whether personalities exist outside social context. I feel like the less I engage with others the less of me there is. My therapist told me to look within and develop a sense of self, to ground myself. Idk if that's possible. I don't think that looking within is a solution.... There's nothing in there because I haven't put anything in there in a long time. Imo personality depends on the environment and on other people, there's no such thing as a 'true self' or living in line with oneself. It's all just illusions. We're nothing but electrical impulses, there is nothing to discover deep down in us. There's nothing to dig through. You're only a person because that's what you've been told and taught, that's what you've been exposed to. I've spent 3 years isolated and I'm not a person, there's nothing in me. I'm whatever anyone else tells me I am.

What do you think? Is identity real?

• Hugs
Reactions: waitingforrest, CTB Dream and akana
H

Hollowman

Empty
Dec 14, 2021
My identity has shifted around so much the past three decades. I don't know who I am or what I want.

• Hugs
Reactions: waitingforrest and CTB Dream
πŸ‘

πŸ‘οΈπŸ‘ƒπŸ‘οΈ

Enlightened
Aug 14, 2022
I often feel I don't have an identity. No preferences no desires. I wonder if it's caused by my extreme isolation and whether personalities exist outside social context. I feel like the less I engage with others the less of me there is. My therapist told me to look within and develop a sense of self, to ground myself. Idk if that's possible. I don't think that looking within is a solution.... There's nothing in there because I haven't put anything in there in a long time. Imo personality depends on the environment and on other people, there's no such thing as a 'true self' or living in line with oneself. It's all just illusions. We're nothing but electrical impulses, there is nothing to discover deep down in us. There's nothing to dig through. You're only a person because that's what you've been told and taught, that's what you've been exposed to. I've spent 3 years isolated and I'm not a person, there's nothing in me. I'm whatever anyone else tells me I am.

What do you think? Is identity real?
I disagree. There is what we think we are and who were told we are/influences from the outer world and then there is who we REALLY are outside of ego and outer influences.
I am not whatever anyone else tells me I am nobody has that kind of control over me. I am who I am. Who they say I am is more of a reflection of who they are.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: przeciwwymiotne, waitingforrest, Hollowman and 1 other person
CTB Dream

CTB Dream

Injury damage disabl hard talk no argu make fun et
Sep 17, 2022
Out differ world see out in world only one person, other people see different person one see self different other always this conflict

πŸ‘

πŸ‘οΈπŸ‘ƒπŸ‘οΈ

Enlightened
Aug 14, 2022
P

przeciwwymiotne

Be rude to me at all times, I don't deserve kindne
Jun 27, 2022
I disagree. There is what we think we are and who were told we are/influences from the outer world and then there is who we REALLY are outside of ego and outer influences.
I am not whatever anyone else tells me I am nobody has that kind of control over me. I am who I am. Who they say I am is more of a reflection of who they are.
I envy you then, because I've no identity outside what people tell me