• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

T

thenamingofcats

annihilation anxiety
Apr 19, 2024
I've seen a lot of studies and photos on the internet of people that have ctb, as I'm sure you all have too. Is this really legal? I feel like I have to protect my body somehow after I'm dead to avoid people circulating photos of it or cutting it apart. And in some of the studies the bodies are nude!!! It seems so disrespectful to the dead and to someone that suffered so much in life.

sserafim

sserafim

they say it’s darkest of all before the dawn
Sep 13, 2023
I hope not. We should be entitled to privacy. That's what we deserve. It also seems disrespectful to me. I don't want to be exhibited on the internet or used as someone's case study. I don't want my body to be photographed or cut open, but I heard that all have to go through a coroner…is there a way to prevent this?
If anyone posts pictures of my dead body I will haunt that person at night
Same

Last edited:
MyChoiceAlone

MyChoiceAlone

sleep deprived and/or drunk
Jul 23, 2023
i have no idea what you're talking about. maybe you search for these images? i have not seen any nor will i look for them.

Reactions: Forveleth
D

dggtscccvfd

Mage
Jun 1, 2023
I hope not. We should be entitled to privacy. That's what we deserve. It also seems disrespectful to me. I don't want to be exhibited on the internet or used as someone's case study. I don't want my body to be photographed or cut open, but I heard that all have to go through a coroner…is there a way to prevent this?

Same
In most countries, suicides are investigated by the coroner. If the coroner wants an autopsy you can't stop it. I expect if you wrote in your suicide note you don't want one, it would be ignored.

R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
Suicides are mostly autopsied and pictures are a part of that report. No way to really stop that. Several chances for those pictures to be leaked or they might endup public on literature reports, hopefully with the consent of your next of kin. Hopefully we won't be around for all of that.

WoNkEy_DoNkEy

WoNkEy_DoNkEy

As Useful As A Chocolate Teapot 🫖
Apr 6, 2024
@rozeske @sserafim
Possibly the coroner won't have much to do if you leave a note with your body explaining how you killed yourself and confirming that you killed yourself unaided (because it was your time to die). If you go into detail then you can cross your fingers and hope that an autopsy would be a waste of time.

L

LaVieEnRose

Illuminated
Jul 23, 2022
It's evidently legal otherwise it wouldn't be done.

Unfortunately when you die you forfeit your right to privacy for obvious reasons.

Doctors already dehumanize their living patients. They just view dead ones as objects.

Though that's not entirely unfair. When organisms die they are rendered inanimate objects, just shells that looks like someone you loved or cared about but is just an empty shell.

The only way to avoid an autopsy is to go missing. That's very hard to pull off. But I guess decomposing past the point of recognition before being discovered is a second best. That would be easier to pull off but still require some creativity (and luck).

WoNkEy_DoNkEy

WoNkEy_DoNkEy

Apr 6, 2024
The only way to avoid an autopsy is to go missing. That's very hard to pull off. But I guess decomposing past the point of recognition before being discovered is a second best. That would be easier to pull off but still require some creativity (and luck).
None of this is really possible @LaVieEnRose

• Aww..
Reactions: sserafim
OCDsufferer

OCDsufferer

no longer human
Apr 17, 2024
It depends on the country and then within the country it will depend on your age, marital status etc. You'll have to research it for your country.

Reactions: thenamingofcats
Eudaimonic

Eudaimonic

I want to fade away.
Aug 11, 2023
This thread is making me want to do everything in my power to ensure my body is not found, lol.
I've tried telling myself that it doesn't matter because I'll be dead, but it doesn't help much.
I was thinking maybe GSW on a cliffside while wearing a weighted vest into deep water in an area with low currents. How likely is that to work?
Or maybe a remote cave?
Or drowning in deep enough water in a remote area, also with weights?
Or just somewhere deep in the wilderness?
I'm not sure which of these is best.

Last edited:
hellispink

hellispink

poisonous
May 26, 2022
Usually, unless leaked (which is very unlikely to happen unless you someone that people have tons of curiosity about), you gonna be fine. In medical procedures or for studies, the next kin permission is usually needed. Lots of bodies die everyday and they dont end up anywhere in no studies or no internet (unless its a murder or death or something that happen in the street and someone caught it with a camera but that likely isnt the case with a suicide. Worrying about that is time wasting. Even if you were posted somewhere no one that knows you probably will ever find or look at those pictures. It truly doesn't matter at all.

T

thenamingofcats

annihilation anxiety
Apr 19, 2024
Usually, unless leaked (which is very unlikely to happen unless you someone that people have tons of curiosity about), you gonna be fine. In medical procedures or for studies, the next kin permission is usually needed. Lots of bodies die everyday and they dont end up anywhere in no studies or no internet (unless its a murder or death or something that happen in the street and someone caught it with a camera but that likely isnt the case with a suicide. Worrying about that is time wasting. Even if you were posted somewhere no one that knows you probably will ever find or look at those pictures. It truly doesn't matter at all.
It matters to me

R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
@rozeske @sserafim
Possibly the coroner won't have much to do if you leave a note with your body explaining how you killed yourself and confirming that you killed yourself unaided (because it was your time to die). If you go into detail then you can cross your fingers and hope that an autopsy would be a waste of time.
Unfortunately if you commit suicide you will be autopsied. Suicide notes are not legally binding and are considered written from someone mentally unstable and easily discredited. So the coroner can't just take your word for it, no matter how much you pinky promise :) But it is possible your note can guide your loved ones on what your wish is when and if they face a decision making regarding your dead body and whatnot.

Eudaimonic

Eudaimonic

I want to fade away.
Aug 11, 2023
Unfortunately if you commit suicide you will be autopsied. Suicide notes are not legally binding and are considered written from someone mentally unstable and easily discredited. So the coroner can't just take your word for it, no matter how much you pinky promise :)
Very disappointing yet unsurprising :(

J

Jorms_McGander

Arcanist
Oct 17, 2023
My remains are committed to medical and educational purposes so I hope that people get all up in them and look around.

Reactions: Dymphna
LunarCharm

LunarCharm

I’m ready to go
Jul 2, 2023
personally, I could care less if pictures of my body are distributed after my death.
I think that mostly has to do with the fact that I'll be dead; I won't know they're being distributed nor will I have the ability to care as I will no longer be here.
That's the beauty of death, I suppose.

J

Jorms_McGander

Arcanist
Oct 17, 2023
personally, I could care less if pictures of my body are distributed after my death.
I think that mostly has to do with the fact that I'll be dead; I won't know they're being distributed nor will I have the ability to care as I will no longer be here.
That's the beauty of death, I suppose.
It's a daydream to end up as the corpse a group of Indonesian police officers are awkwardly pointing at in a crime scene photo

LunarCharm

LunarCharm

I’m ready to go
Jul 2, 2023
I wouldn't be surprised if my body ended up in some weird necro telegram 🤣

[ EDIT: meant to make this clear it's quoting the previous person ]

J

Jorms_McGander

Arcanist
Oct 17, 2023
It's an emotional support necro group ok

But actually lol. I've seen em and I feel nice knowing my future. Just me 😇

WoNkEy_DoNkEy

WoNkEy_DoNkEy

Apr 6, 2024
Unfortunately if you commit suicide you will be autopsied. Suicide notes are not legally binding and are considered written from someone mentally unstable and easily discredited. So the coroner can't just take your word for it, no matter how much you pinky promise :) But it is possible your note can guide your loved ones on what your wish is when and if they face a decision making regarding your dead body and whatnot.
@rozeske Nooooo don't say that please!!
I wish mortuarymary was here to provide a professional opinion.

H

hopeless08

Arcanist
Dec 8, 2023

Same
That is beyond disrespectful, it's cruel not only is it a lack of respect to the deceased but to the families of the deceased. They are already traumatized and grieving, I can't begin to imagine what that would do to them.
That should definitely be illegal and the people posting those pictures should be charged with a crime

T

thenamingofcats

annihilation anxiety
Apr 19, 2024
That is beyond disrespectful, it's cruel not only is it a lack of respect to the deceased but to the families of the deceased. They are already traumatized and grieving, I can't begin to imagine what that would do to them.
That should definitely be illegal and the people posting those pictures should be charged with a crime
I couldn't agree more. It seems like after a person is dead there's this idea that it doesn't matter anymore.
Like if I let my dog pee on someone's grave I feel like most people wouldn't approve but when it comes to the actual body it's like who cares.

A

accountnamerequired

Oct 9, 2023
One good thing is the person is already gone in this situation and can't be aware of or care about what's happening to their body anymore, I agree it's wrong and disrespectful but they'll literally never know about it.

Reactions: thenamingofcats