• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

lani.<3

lani.<3

Sep 23, 2023
I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this but are the scars noticeable i dont know why they are visible they are nearly 3 months old but anyways i have a wedding to go to in November and i HAVE to wear short sleeves and i dont want anyone asking me questions, ,staring pitying me becuase the wedding isnt about me its not my day. IMG 0870 2 IMG 0871 IMG 0872 IMG 0873 IMG 0874

Inthewind

Inthewind

Wondering Waevern
Sep 19, 2023
If you have a cat or pet I would think that is what caused it, foundation can cover that aswell if you wanted, but time helps aswell. Hmm, the scars on the outside of arm, (the part that doesnt rest on your side) isnt that noticeable, annnd the inward ones slightly more noticeable but not much

personally offfficcciallly: not noticeable really overall

lavender143once

lavender143once

Aug 6, 2023
i am so sorry if this comes off as rude or mean but i truly am saying this as a someone who has had the same scars for over 5 months. they are noticeable to people like us who do self harm but to a random person, they aren't.

if a person who doesn't self harm notice they might stair or ask. and if someone who does self harm, they usually mind their business after noticing. (from my experience)

not sure if you have access to makeup but some concealer on the red spots and translucent or matching powder should help too!

i hope you have fun at the wedding! 🫂

lani.<3

lani.<3

Sep 23, 2023
If you have a cat or pet I would think that is what caused it, foundation can cover that aswell if you wanted, but time helps aswell. Hmm, the scars on the outside of arm, (the part that doesnt rest on your side) isnt that noticeable, annnd the inward ones slightly more noticeable but not much

personally offfficcciallly: not noticeable really overall
ty for commenting! hopefully foundation can cover some of the darker ones are hard to cover with makeup
I would notice as someone that self harms. My mom never noticed my scars even when they were in plain sight though, and they were similar.
lucky that your mum didn't notice my mum noticed my healed ones straight away when i was younger
i am so sorry if this comes off as rude or mean but i truly am saying this as a someone who has had the same scars for over 5 months. they are noticeable to people like us who do self harm but to a random person, they aren't.

if a person who doesn't self harm notice they might stair or ask. and if someone who does self harm, they usually mind their business after noticing. (from my experience)

not sure if you have access to makeup but some concealer on the red spots and translucent or matching powder should help too!

i hope you have fun at the wedding! 🫂
nah it doesn't come off rude i also can notice healed self harm scars on other people

some of the darker ones are hard to cover with foundation

ty i hope i do too! <3

Last edited:
R

Renee

Sep 14, 2023
I would recognize therm. I doubt if others would, especially if they heal up for a wedding. Remember scars last. I did these 36 yearrs ago.. I was getting a piercing and mentioned to piercer. She said Yea I saw them but respect people privacy. When someone asks Some I tell the truth and others Oh my dick head older brother pushed me through as plate glass bay window. glass IMG 3921 2

duwangJEff

duwangJEff

Sep 12, 2023
The scars do seem noticeable to me, but as others mentioned, that's likely because a lot of us self harm and are hyper aware of it. Someone who doesn't SH may notice them, but likely won't know where they came from

Again, as others suggested, using makeup to hide them is an option, or simply have a cover story. I also think thag having some long gloves could cover them? I don't know what the etiquette is for guests at a wedding, but if you're going to be dressed up nice, getting long gloves may help. Potentially ones that are lacy, since the patterns will conceal the scars

backtoearth

backtoearth

<3
Sep 9, 2023
As many others have mentioned, we are more likely to notice them, however they are not as 'organized' as some scars I have seen so you could probably get away with blaming it on clumsiness or a pet (if you have one)

some of the darker ones are hard to cover with foundation
If you have a green-tinted colour corrector or primer that will help. Put a little on the scar (don't really blend it out - keep it concentrated to the redder areas), set that with powder, cover in foundation and blend out, then set it all one last time with powder. If you have a setting spray that should make it look less powdery + stay longer <3

I hope you have fun at the wedding and everything works out

Reactions: lessthanperfect
N

never mind me

Student
Nov 7, 2022
I think the scar(s) on the outside of your arms are not noticeable, but the ones on the insides are. But you can probably try to hold your arms in a way that people don't see the insides of yours arms as much. You can also try to use a cream that makes scars go away, it won't necassarily make them go away completely, but it will help especially, if they are only a few months old.

MiMif

MiMif

I do not live for others to understand me...
Sep 13, 2023
I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this but are the scars noticeable i dont know why they are visible they are nearly 3 months old but anyways i have a wedding to go to in November and i HAVE to wear short sleeves and i dont want anyone asking me questions, ,staring pitying me becuase the wedding isnt about me its not my day.View attachment 120256View attachment 120257View attachment 120258View attachment 120259View attachment 120260
It's probably not super noticeable from far away but from up close it is. Tbh I looks super noticeable to me but again like other people have said that might be because I'm hyperspace of it because I'm used to it.

Makeup might do the trick. Though get some beauty powder or spray to make sure it doesn't ruin your or other people's clothes.

L

lessthanperfect

Student
Mar 30, 2023
I feel bad saying this because everyone is being so positive, but I'd definitely notice them right away (at least as they are in the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th photos; in the 1st and 5th I wouldn't question it.

I can't say for sure about other people though so it could be that people who don't s/h don't notice.

I will say that I was discovered by someone who doesn't self harm (my mom when I was a teenager) with much less noticeable scars so it could just depend on how observant the people around you are.

November is a little while away though so if you can stay clean (or cut somewhere hidden) until then they might fade a little more.

aticeret

aticeret

Jan 23, 2023
I self-harm as well and I would notice them. I have visible unorganized scars ("cat scratches", though) on the outer side of my hand as well, but frankly, no living soul gave a shit for years. I got a weirded out look from one lady once, but that was it. All in all, if someone notices, you can just deceit them.

MeltingBrain

MeltingBrain

Mage
May 29, 2023
They are very noticeable in pictures 2,3,4 . I would be 50% sure they are SH scars if I saw them in real life and 50% of me will think "it's probably a pet". This is from someone who has not done SH ever .

On as a side note: I am sorry that life has forced you to a point where you feel the need to SH . Sending you lots of strength 🫂

cosifantutti

cosifantutti

Student
Aug 27, 2023
I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this but are the scars noticeable i dont know why they are visible they are nearly 3 months old but anyways i have a wedding to go to in November and i HAVE to wear short sleeves and i dont want anyone asking me questions, ,staring pitying me becuase the wedding isnt about me its not my day.View attachment 120256View attachment 120257View attachment 120258View attachment 120259View attachment 120260
I would assume you had a cat.

Maeve

Maeve

The screaming never stops
Jul 17, 2023
Might get a question about them but they look "natural".
Like you where working in the woods or something or climbing when you sliped in general they are noticeable but they van be explained even by a "scratched em when i was doing (x,y,z) activity."

BojackHorseman

BojackHorseman

The View From Halfway Down
Feb 8, 2023
I agree with what others are saying: they look kind of random like cat scratches. I notice them since I've got scars as well, but it seems like people who don't self harm don't really notice them.

My only warning is if you use foundation, you might want to be careful not to get it on your outfit since it's a wedding. Maybe only on your outer arm, not the inside that touches your body. Having foundation get all over your side will draw attention. But I know absolutely nothing about makeup, don't they make some sort of setting spray that keeps it from rubbing off?

Amaree

Amaree

Jun 15, 2021
To me these do seem noticeable but like everyone else has said most of us have issues with self harm so we may pick up on them more.

Makeup seems like a good idea to hide the appearance but since you have some time before the wedding i would also suggest applying oils to the scars daily to help fade them abit , for me that has helped somewhat.

Theres alot of options but even coconut oil or shea butter can help and arent too hard to find.
Feel free to message if you need more info on that and i hope it goes well.

Coldpizza22

Coldpizza22

Crafter
Apr 2, 2023
I dont do SH, and i think i wouldn't recognise them. I'd think you were trying to put a cat who is afraid of humans into a cat transportation box to get it to a vet, happened to me before and when i was with someone, and it looked similar. The kitten did not want to cooperate. You could use that as an explanation, you maybe helped someone catch a stray kitten (just be ready with some fake details, if they ask for a story).

AshClouds

AshClouds

In time I started growing inward.
Apr 10, 2023
I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this but are the scars noticeable i dont know why they are visible they are nearly 3 months old but anyways i have a wedding to go to in November and i HAVE to wear short sleeves and i dont want anyone asking me questions, ,staring pitying me becuase the wedding isnt about me its not my day.
Only in the 2nd and 3rd photographs. You might be able to write them off as cat scratches as other people suggested. I have scars on my arms that mostly faded by now. They never get noticed.

T

ThatStateOfMind

Elementalist
Nov 13, 2021
They are visible, but they should fade by the time of the wedding. If it hasn't, try makeup. I second what everyone is saying, say it's cat scratches if you have a cat. If you don't, I don't really know any other idea. I've never SH, sorry if what I said hasn't helped much