N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
I think the main cliche is: the ones who talk about it will never do it. Which is factually untrue in many cases. Most people who kill themselves announce it/talk about it prior to it. But it is true not all people who have suicidal thoughts will do it eventually.

The media acted like we were all incels. I think nowadays trans-people outnumber incels on this forum by far.

On suicide forums they all a big death-cult. I think only a minority is pro-mortalists on here.

Lives of people in such forums could easily be saved if they only reached out. I have the feeling many on this forum have reached out. This is probably one reason why I feel such a communion and community on here. The people tend to be severely ill with major issues which barely can be solved by simple easy approaches. The society and people who pretend to care about people like me had to invest major sums of money also if such measures were unpopular in our societies. The complete opposite seems to be the case. And the people rather agitate against someone like me. Poor people with no chance to get a stable income. People like me don't have a strong lobby. Even when I want to take my life they are paternalistic.

Not good enough to get a decent life but still not worthy to end my pain despite therapists already gave me up several years ago.

• Love
Reactions: sserafim, PeterRabbit28064212, Unsure and Useless and 3 others
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I agree with you. I think very few assumptions about this forum or the people on it are true.

The irony I think is that- for the people who genuinely do want to help- it doesn't do them any favours to stereotype what a suicidal person is. It means they'll disregard a lot of people who maybe will do it some day. Personally- I don't have a problem with that. I don't want them to try and stop me! I'd rather they think I was bluffing or whatever. Doesn't help the people who do want help though- sadly.

I'm not really sure about ideas about the forum. I don't tend to read all their stuff and I think you covered a lot of them. What I did find interesting was a psychiatrist on a documentary who said most or all suicidal people were angry. I'm not a particularly angry person day to day but I am angry on certain levels definitely and I do detect it here quite a bit too. Simply angry that we were born sometimes, angry at the frailty of our bodies, angry at society for how it exploits us, angry at being part of this entire corrupt system. Even angry at individuals who have wronged us. I'd say we have a right to be angry too but in many cases (not all of course,) I think that stereotype might carry some weight.

• Hugs
Reactions: sserafim, PeterRabbit28064212, Praestat_Mori and 1 other person
tiger b

tiger b

AI without the I
Oct 24, 2023
Clichés are just for lazy thinkers who can't be bothered to look at things on an individual basis.

Reactions: sserafim, PeterRabbit28064212 and Praestat_Mori