Zora099

Zora099

i am just waiting till i fall asleep
Dec 3, 2023
My family has a big history of suicides. I talked about it with my psychologist and she said that there's a big chance that i am suicidal because of my "genes" or something along those lines. (i am from a non english speaking country and i am not sure how to translate her exact words). actually think that could be a big reason why, but i would like to know - in this case, is the only way to recover medication?
Its really hard to get to a psychiatrist where I am from, since they dont have space for more patients. But i also dont know how I can just talk through it with a therapist, if its in my "blood" to be suicidal.

P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
If your MH problems are actually due to a "genetic defect" then medication does not solve the problem itself, maybe even a real recovery is not possible bc we cannot repair "genetic defects". However meds can help you to cope with how your brain works. That's in case you (your therapist/psychiatrist) can find medication that works for you incl. therapy. This is trial and error.

penguinl0v3s

penguinl0v3s

Wait for Me đź’™
Nov 1, 2023
Do you have any cause that you think your depression could be from? My depression runs in the family, but I do attribute it to generational traumas of continued parental abuse. Could still be environmental. Bad family usually means unhappy children.