• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

dödsängel

dödsängel

Mar 15, 2023
Normies say things like work, relationships, marriage, family are what bring you happiness

But I don't really see most of this as worth it

41% of first marriages end in divorce. Probably a good chunk of the remaining ones are unhappy and just staying together for the kids. I've definitely seen a lot of marriages that the couple seems to eventually deteriorate into friends with no attraction between them

Personally, almost no relationship I've seen has turned out well in the long run. Affectionate ones seem to be short lived, with one cheating on the other sooner or later.

Work seems genuinely hell, slaving away for some fat fuck till you grow old and rotten only to still live paycheck to paycheck and be buried in debt.

Vast majority of people don't really have any meaningful achievements or anything to be proud of either
And even then not like any of it matters when we die

Friendships are fine, but it seems like most decline as people age and have families.

most don't really seem to be genuine either honestly, I've socialized a bit with normies and they shittalk each other so much lol, and since I'm a guy I've seen so many male friendships end over a girl

I've tried things like partying, alcohol, didn't really get much pleasure from it. Never did socializing from normies.

I don't really see any value in "contributing to society" or helping people. I'm not trying to be edgy or anything, I just don't feel any obligation to anyone and don't get any joy from it.

I don't think there's any point in blaming people for who they are. We don't really choose our own desires. And everything anyone does, whether it helps the world or hurts it or neither is just fulfilling those desires. I really can't care to judge or get upset about it as long as I'm not affected

And lastly, relevant to here, I don't think there's anything wrong to suicide/death in general (provided its painless ig). Death is going to happen eventually, and it's just nothingness, so it's not really good or bad, just neutral. If your life is going to be more bad than good and you can't change it, then die. Otherwise, live. That simple.

But I guess I accept that these are the opposite of what most well adjusted people see. Am I wrong? Any opinions here? I've never seen any legitimate counter to most, as people tend to just brush them off without explaining why.

Throwawayacc3

Throwawayacc3

Freedom
Mar 4, 2024
Hey dude - it's all true lmao. Nothing more, nothing less. Marriage stats are worse than 41% in the UK. Plus they fiddle the numbers on people that re-marry as well.

Same. Never drank, didn't smoke, exercised, etc. All pretty moot.

Edit: my daily vent - fuck people. Do stuff with animals. lol.

ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
Nope, your views don't seem like cope to me. Instead, your views seems realistic. However, not many people outside of this site would like to admit it as they love staying in their world where they think that everything, including things like marriages and relationships, is beautiful. You just happen to see right through things instead of believing in the masses. In my opinion, I think that their views are a cope instead of your views but they'll never admit it as they don't have the critical thinking skills to do so

wait.what

wait.what

no really, what?
Aug 14, 2020
lol … I knew what he meant by "do stuff with animals," but I can see how that construction could look "off." I guess it could also mean "have sex with humans, but take your dog to the movies," which isn't the worst dating and relationship advice out there, honestly.

OP, what you're describing sounds a lot like anhedonia, which renders "pleasant" things boring and boring things torture. A lot of people have that here. It's generally considered an abnormal way to feel, but it's not really "wrong." It's not like you can call "true" or "false" on emotions anyway. The normies you talk to are probably tacitly acknowledging as much when they wander away from you looking unsettled. "Abnormal but not wrong" probably wasn't something they expected to run into that day, or possibly ever.

I don't really hold it against them that their brains like flooding themselves with dopamine while mine does not. I doubt they have any more control over that than I do. I wish they'd quit giving me pointless advice I didn't ask for, though. Sometimes I think about answering with unsolicited advice about how they can avoid being so goddamn chirpy all the time: "Excessively thrilled by existence? Have you tried chronic pain?? Quit your good job and take six part-time gigs that pay shit. That way, you can work 80 hours a week and still get no benefits or enough money to make rent. Sleep on buses. Go on Medicaid. Die of sepsis. Pretend to be in the country illegally. Have your children snatched from you and spend 9 months in a cage at an internment camp. Scream with horror when a judge condemns you to be deported to your violence-riddled birthplace of Baltimore, Maryland."

… normies don't like talking to me either.

Throwawayacc3

Throwawayacc3

Freedom
Mar 4, 2024

Interesting video on a lot of things I've witnessed in work, environment, etc.
They don't lie or betray. They are way better than humans
I pretty much say this in every post. Probably reinforcement trauma but the reality is they don't. There is no gas lighting, abuse, abandonment, lies, deceit, power dynamics.

Hell, even birds if you are away for a while will get pissed. So you need to rebuild the bond and the trust will come. It's pretty logical. You are their flock and you leave for a period of time so I'd be pissed too.

surroundedbydemons

surroundedbydemons

Experienced
Mar 6, 2024
Hey!

I've never seen any legitimate counter to most, as people tend to just brush them off without explaining why.
I wonder if confirmation bias might also be at play here. Have you attended parties with preconceived notions that they would be 'boring,' possibly affecting how you perceive them?

~~~

To answer your question,
Are my views just cope?
Not really. They seem quite realistic.

~~~

But I guess I accept that these are the opposite of what most well adjusted people see. Am I wrong?
Should it truly matter to you that the majority disagrees with what you think, even if you are right?

Consider this: the majority isn't always right. As you mentioned, the divorce rate is very far from 0%.
The majority might not even care if they are wrong...

Moreover, think about it this way: if you are smarter than the majority (e.g., IQ>100), why prioritize the opinions of those who may not offer good advice?

~~~

Thank you for the thread, OP. I found myself in a similar state, so I enjoyed thinking and reading about this topic...

Reactions: sserafim
EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

The drip finally stops
Oct 21, 2023
I do agree with you for the most part, though I hate the term "normies". Categorizing others into boxes and simplifing down their complexity to just "normie" feels rude. People try finding happiness in those things because society constantly protrays those things as being the key to happiness. Over time, people lose the ability to see that those things are not garaunteed to provide them with happiness and that happiness comes from within. It can be hard to find happiness and joy from within. It takes a lot of work. I don't think you are trying to cope. You're just observing the sad realoty of the world we live in. Hence the importance of rebelling against it and creating your owm path to happiness.

sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that's just me
Sep 13, 2023
Nah, your views seem reasonable to me. If anything, normies are the ones who are coping as they're running away from the ultimate meaninglessness of life
Should it truly matter to you that the majority disagrees with what you think, even if you are right?

Consider this: the majority isn't always right. As you mentioned, the divorce rate is very far from 0%.
The majority might not even care if they are wrong...

Moreover, think about it this way: if you are smarter than the majority (e.g., IQ>100), why prioritize the opinions of those who may not offer good advice?
Literally. Who cares about the majority and what they think? It doesn't matter to me. I could care less about their opinion

Last edited:
Reactions: divinemistress36
Throwawayacc3

Throwawayacc3

Freedom
Mar 4, 2024
I do agree with you for the most part, though I hate the term "normies". Categorizing others into boxes and simplifing down their complexity to just "normie" feels rude. People try finding happiness in those things because society constantly protrays those things as being the key to happiness. Over time, people lose the ability to see that those things are not garaunteed to provide them with happiness and that happiness comes from within. It can be hard to find happiness and joy from within. It takes a lot of work. I don't think you are trying to cope. You're just observing the sad realoty of the world we live in. Hence the importance of rebelling against it and creating your owm path to happiness.
When you grow up having people abandon you, lie, cheat, steal and bully you; you are way past the point of whether you are rude or not to others. So you place everyone into the box of "normies". There are rare exceptions and by that I'd say people on this site but when you compare that to everyone at my first two schools, all the public interactions, work, etc it's going to be less than 0.1%. NPC is a better fit as I played games to escape people. They really do act like non playable characters.

Reactions: sserafim