• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

FTL.Wanderer

FTL.Wanderer

Enlightened
May 31, 2018
I only know what I've seen/heard about HK from the media. I wonder if they're at all vastly more accepting and loving than other religions (I've been a part of). At this point, I just don't trust human nature. Not "humans," but the way humans everywhere seem to work. Whether it's politics, commerce, religion, family... I just don't trust us at all.

But it was fun watching these guys dance around in public...

Last edited:
Soon4me

Soon4me

Enlightened
Jun 15, 2018
I only know what I've seen/heard about HK from the media. I wonder if they're at all vastly more accepting and loving that other religions (I've been a part of). At this point, I just don't trust human nature. Not "humans," but the way humans everywhere seem to work. Whether it's politics, commerce, religion, family... I just don't trust us at all.

But it was fun watching these guys dance around in public...
I don't know much about them myself.But yes it is fun to watch :)

Definitelyworried

Definitelyworried

Jun 19, 2018
I'm agnostic christian.
I used to be highly religious.
Now I pray every now and then, but I feel that God is punishing me. I feel like most christians are hypocrites.
I feel like I don't want to disobey God, but it seems impossible. Every time I read the bible I doubt a lot of it.
Everytime I feel God is talking to me I doubt it also.
But then life is as crazy and harsh as the bible itself.
I don't know, a lot of it doesn't make sense either way.
It's like why are we here, and there are a lot of unknown things yet to be discovered.
All I know is that I would have preferred never to have existed so far, and I doubt that will change.
I'm all mixed up, I wish I wasnt.

Last edited:
Definitelyworried

Definitelyworried

Jun 19, 2018
I used to be very religious until I read the Bible cover to cover, once I got to the new testament, I realized that what I thought was God talking to me, was just myself talking to myself, or at least that's the way I feel about it, because what the Bible says Jesus taught was not what I thought was God telling me before I read the bible.
I actually feel as if the Bible indicates that most people including most christians will be going to hell, or at least not making it to heaven.

Lucas

Lucas

May 26, 2018
I'm not religious myself, but I do understand why religion exists. In many cases it's to give hope and justify the suffering. If religion wouldn't exist, the shit would hit the fan and the world would go crazy because so many people would realize there is no point to suffering, no hope, life is here and now and they would start taking action now rather than waiting till afterlife.

Definitelyworried

Definitelyworried

Jun 19, 2018
Universal meaninglessness is my religion. I don't think that even "gods" could give a plausible explanation about why all of this is inherently necessary
Interesting, snd I'm just wondering what your thought on this is?
What came first the "chicken or the egg?""
I have no idea, I can imagine either or being possible.

Fylobatica

Fylobatica

Inactive
Apr 1, 2018
Interesting, snd I'm just wondering what your thought on this is?
What came first the "chicken or the egg?""
I have no idea, I can imagine either or being possible.

Biologically speaking, you need an organism able to build up proteins, calcium and other organic compounds needed to lay an egg, so I'd say the chicken.
Broadly speaking, there are many valid hypotheses about an universe being able to bootstrap itself from "nothing" (that wouldn't be the proper term, it's quantum void).

https://arxiv.org/abs/1404.1207

Conscious "creators" would be around there just for "fun", basically like us. Except for the fact that few of us laugh

Definitelyworried

Definitelyworried

Jun 19, 2018
Biologically speaking, you need an organism able to build up proteins, calcium and other organic compounds needed to lay an egg, so I'd say the chicken.
Broadly speaking, there are many valid hypotheses about an universe being able to bootstrap itself from "nothing" (that wouldn't be the proper term, it's quantum void).

https://arxiv.org/abs/1404.1207

Conscious "creators" would be around there just for "fun", basically like us. Except for the fact that few of us laugh
Yeah, sometimes I ask myself how can something be created from nothing, weather it be the Universe or God.
I can imagine both, but for this question God makes more sense to my small brain.
I hate the fact that I can't have full faith or full doubt God.
One thing is for sure I fear what tomorrow could bring. I better go to sleep see you next time maybe.

shattered dreams

shattered dreams

Student
Jun 5, 2018
I am a Christian who officially sides with the United Church of Christ which is below.

"The United Church of Christ supports the right of terminally ill patients to make their own decisions about when to die – including whether to hasten death. This position is in keeping with broader church teachings that stress the importance of respecting individual conscience and choice, according to the Rev. Timothy Tutt, a senior minister at Westmoreland Congregational United Church of Christ in Bethesda, Md. "We believe that each of us approaches God on our own terms, and this includes at the end of our lives," he says.

Malice1

Malice1

Experienced
Apr 6, 2018
Nope, not religious at all. However, Its funny how the same thing enabling me to ctb without fear is the same thing holding me back from ctbing, that being heavy evidence of nothing after death. I dont fear being nothing forever i just don't want to be nothing forever. I do realize that whatever happens after death will happen at some point or another so i've decided to stop stressing about the inevitable.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 847

Nope, not religious at all. However, Its funny how the same thing enabling me to ctb without fear is the same thing holding me back from ctbing, that being heavy evidence of nothing after death. I dont fear being nothing forever i just don't want to be nothing forever. I do realize that whatever happens after death will happen at some point or another so i've decided to stop stressing about the inevitable.

That's what I tell myself before my attempts: "Life is fake, my feelings are fake, and this is not something I can avoid, so what the hell let's do it!"
I don't think too much about what will happen before I actually do it, that will trigger the anxiety and inhibition due to fear of death.

Malice1

Malice1

Experienced
Apr 6, 2018
That's what I tell myself before my attempts: "Life is fake, my feelings are fake, and this is not something I can avoid, so what the hell let's do it!"
I don't think too much about what will happen before I actually do it, that will trigger the anxiety and inhibition due to fear of death.
Talking myself into it doesn't seem to work. The survival instinct doesn't care. It will fight to keep you alive even when logically it makes more sense for you to die. Someone awhile back said to me that you cant beat fire with fire and talking yourself into it will not work against the survival instinct. I'm beggining to think he was right.

D

Deleted member 847

Talking myself into it doesn't seem to work. The survival instinct doesn't care. It will fight to keep you alive even when logically it makes more sense for you to die. Someone awhile back said to me that you cant beat fire with fire and talking yourself into it will not work against the survival instinct. I'm beggining to think he was right.

I mean what you really need to do is to trick your brain that what you're about to do won't kill you. And the best way is to just do it without thinking about anything.

Kogoruhn

Kogoruhn

Student
May 20, 2018
I was religious before but after seeing all the bad things that happened in my life, i stopped praying, and eventually believing in god. I think all religions have only contributed to causing more pain than helping people. A lot of wars in name of god that only led to pointless suffering. I believe now in reincarnation.

M

millefeui

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2018
I have tried being religious for years. Studied many, many religions. It is just not for me.

At the end of the day, I can't subscribe to the idea of praising and praying to deities that allow people to suffer like we do in this world. I could elaborate on this, but honestly, there is no point. I don't deny the possibility of supernatural entities existing, such as spirits, and even stuff such as reincarnation, afterlife, etc. All of that could exist. What do I know? I just refuse to bow to "superior beings". It is a flawed concept to me.

shattered dreams

shattered dreams

Student
Jun 5, 2018

Actually, the evidence is the opposite. I had always heard throughout my whole life that there was an afterlife. The only people who do not believe in it are atheists. In the end, it is up to you to decide since neither side can be totally proven until death, so there is no use in arguing about it. If you have an open mind, I would watch these 2 videos.

This lady was actually clinically dead for an hour, yet her consciousness never ceased.

Malice1

Malice1

Experienced
Apr 6, 2018
Actually, the evidence is the opposite. I had always heard throughout my whole life that there was an afterlife. The only people who do not believe in it are atheists. In the end, it is up to you to decide since neither side can be totally proven until death, so there is no use in arguing about it. If you have an open mind, I would watch these 2 videos.

This lady was actually clinically dead for an hour, yet her consciousness never ceased.

I agree that theres no way to know for certain and that there may be an afterlife. However coma's, general anesthesia and brain damaged patients make me believe that our conciousness is heavily reliant on our brain and that once we lose it we lose our conciousness. Anyway i'm not going to get into it. I just hope i'm wrong.

RainAndSadness

RainAndSadness

Administrator
Jun 12, 2018
I agree that theres no way to know for certain and that there may be an afterlife. However coma's, general anesthesia and brain damaged patients make me believe that our conciousness is heavily reliant on our brain and that once we lose it we lose our conciousness. Anyway i'm not going to get into it. I just hope i'm wrong.

I hope you're right. I want it to end finally and forever. And I better return into that state I was, before I was born. Complete and utter nothingness.