• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023

Reactions: sserafim
Silent Raindrops

Silent Raindrops

The Darkness Awaits Me
Feb 3, 2024
I can imagine a majority of the human population wished they were dead, and as you said, they won't do it themselves. I think there's more than we know about, or ever considered.

Reactions: sserafim and Homo erectus
Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
I can imagine a majority of the human population wished they were dead, and as you said, they won't do it themselves. I think there's more than we know about, or ever considered.
Then jealousy would come up after news of a suicide.

Silent Raindrops

Silent Raindrops

The Darkness Awaits Me
Feb 3, 2024
Then jealousy would come up after news of a suicide.
I don't know that there would be jealousy over a suicide. You might wish it was you that just pulled it off, but I don't consider it being jealous.

Myself personally, I envy those who have ctb and I'm glad they found their peace, but I hold no jealousy over them. What's the point of it? It's not going to make my life, or anyone else's, any better or worse.

Reactions: sserafim and Shrike
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
I don't think so. First of all, that goes against survival instinct and the laws of nature. All organisms are programmed to survive no matter what. Secondly, I think that most people either truly enjoy life or are brainwashed into enjoying life. They think that there is virtue in suffering, and that their suffering makes them "noble" and "stronger". "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger". Third of all, I think that most people believe that life is a gift and that one should be grateful for it. My own dad told me to "stop being ungrateful". He said that "life is a gift from God. God created you and you should cherish and be grateful for your life". Personally, I didn't even know that he believed in God (I didn't grow up around him anyways, I only saw him in the summers. Now, thankfully, I don't even see him at all). Fourthly, they keep bringing children into this hellish world. I guess they wouldn't do that if they didn't think that life was worth living.

Last edited:
Reactions: DarknessInMe, divinemistress36, Homo erectus and 2 others
Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
I don't think so. First of all, that goes against survival instinct and the laws of nature. All organisms are programmed to survive no matter what. Secondly, I think that most people either truly enjoy life or are brainwashed into enjoying life. They think that there is virtue in suffering, and that their suffering makes them "noble" and "stronger". "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger". Third of all, I think that most people believe that life is a gift and that one should be grateful for it. My own dad told me to "stop being ungrateful". He said that "life is a gift from God. God created you and you should cherish and be grateful for your life". Personally, I didn't even know that he believed in God (I didn't grow up around him anyways, I only saw him in the summers. Now, thankfully, I don't even see him at all).
Religious claims are silly. I'd have asked for evidence of God creating anything.

Reactions: divinemistress36 and sserafim
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
Religious claims are silly. I'd have asked for evidence of God creating anything.
Yeah, I know right? I told him that God doesn't exist and then he got mad at me…

Reactions: Homo erectus
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
No, many people enjoy life and don't even understand why suicidal people are suicidal

Reactions: Homo erectus and sserafim
Homo erectus

Homo erectus

Mage
Mar 7, 2023
Most people have not received training on how to ctb. There is a risk of failure, leading to more suffering. To reduce the risk, one would go for more violent options which also have a high psychological barrier. Therefore, euthanasia, having experienced staff carrying out the procedure, is the most wanted option for many people.

Reactions: divinemistress36 and sserafim
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Hard to say. I've known a lot of elderly people who were longing for death a long time before it came. Some of them would never have done it themselves though because they were religious and saw it as sinful.

That goes the same for anyone who believes- for whatever reason, that the act of it is wrong in some way. My Dad has alluded to having suicidal thoughts (unsurprisingly) after my Mum died but in part, he stayed alive for me. Partly why I'm returning the favour now.

It's not just cowardice that stops people from CTB. Sometimes they realise the collateral damage it would do to their loved ones so, they try to hang on for them. They may want to go but realise they need to stay.

It's hard to really know though. I think we almost see it as normal/ inevitable to have suicidal thoughts. I don't know that it is though. One colleague where I worked once responded to a radio announcement about suicide to say: 'I could never imagine feeling like that.' So, maybe to some people, it just never occurs. Others just seem to have it in the 'off limits' part of their brain.

Many people do see it as wrong though I believe so, maybe it's something they don't go too near to be tempted by. There must be other things like that in life. If we all did what we truly wanted and felt like we 'needed', wouldn't we be breaking the law all over the place? That doesn't mean we 'envy' criminals because they indulged in whatever it was that was forbidden. Do you envy someone their wealth when they defrauded lots of pensioners to get it, got caught and went to jail? No (hopefully not) because you can see the collateral damage on others and on them ultimately.

Some people even here may never CTB also because the prosect of failing an attempt with terrible injuries is too frightening. They may also be living relatively comfortable lives (practically speaking,) so- that may not be enough to push them into doing it.

Although I hate to agree with a pro-life statement, sometimes we likely do take suicide as 'the easy way out'. Not to say that it is easy of course. But still, it can quite often be because people's situations are dire or, about to turn that way that it pushes them to CTB. Suicide- even with it's risks probably seems 'easier' than living under such awful conditions. So- someone can be unhappy their entire long life but perhaps- if they aren't backed into that corner, they may never escape. Of course, if say Nembutal was freely available- I imagine that would change things.

Reactions: sserafim