• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

D

dangier_to_myself

Student
Apr 10, 2018
I know that people have successfully killed themselves by eating apricot seeds (iirc the lethal dose is about 30), but I also know that people have failed, and I have no idea what the success rate is, how long it takes, whether or not it is peaceful, etc.

Reactions: Predestinated and Maribelle
Lion

Lion

Zzz
Apr 18, 2018
only 30 seeds? if thats right im surprised. think for apple seeds it was like 200 of them and people usually make a big deal out of those. youd have to grind them with ur molars or else youd just pass the seed completely but it could work. id go overkill tho wit like 100 seeds but if they were actually that deadly unfortunately im a wuss.

D

dangier_to_myself

Student
Apr 10, 2018
only 30 seeds? if thats right im surprised. think for apple seeds it was like 200 of them and people usually make a big deal out of those. youd have to grind them with ur molars or else youd just pass the seed completely but it could work. id go overkill tho wit like 100 seeds but if they were actually that deadly unfortunately im a wuss.
Apples and apricots are very different. Apricot seeds have several times as much cyanide, and I've heard recently that bitter almonds contain even more. Regarding your other comments, see this comment which one helpful reddit user left me when I asked the same question on a private subreddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/EternalRest/comments/8d069u/apricot_seeds/dxk0pvp/

Reactions: Predestinated and NoDream
Lion

Lion

Zzz
Apr 18, 2018
Apples and apricots are very different. Apricot seeds have several times as much cyanide, and I've heard recently that bitter almonds contain even more. Regarding your other comments, see this comment which one helpful reddit user left me when I asked the same question on a private subreddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/EternalRest/comments/8d069u/apricot_seeds/dxk0pvp/
unfortunately i cant enter there to read what you asked but that is interesting, i never actually seen an apricot but googled it and it looks like a peach, the seeds on those things are huge...how do you plan on eating 30 of those? blender?

Fish

Fish

Apr 19, 2018
I think you can bite them and eat them raw. Saw something like that on a cancer prevention website once

Reactions: Cevapcici
M

MAIO

Elementalist
Apr 8, 2018
I know that people have successfully killed themselves by eating apricot seeds (iirc the lethal dose is about 30), but I also know that people have failed, and I have no idea what the success rate is, how long it takes, whether or not it is peaceful, etc.
It seems much easier to just take Sodium Nitrite

Reactions: Cevapcici
S

septembersunrose

Apr 19, 2018
Sadly, won't really work. As a kid I ate loads every summer. We saved all, dried them, and ate them like almonds. A crateful or two of the fruit didn't produce enough seeds to off 3 kids under 10.

Reactions: tourmaline, Klee_ and GloryGloryGlory
S

septembersunrose

Apr 19, 2018
YMMV, there are various strains with different cyanide levels.

D

dangier_to_myself

Student
Apr 10, 2018

Attachments

• file.PNG
    file.PNG
    23.9 KB · Views: 176
D

dangier_to_myself

Student
Apr 10, 2018
It seems much easier to just take Sodium Nitrite
People survive sodium nitrite, and it takes forever anyway. I know that a cyanide pill takes 10 minutes and pretty much always works, so I was wondering how the apricot method compares to those two

Reactions: Predestinated
D

dangier_to_myself

Student
Apr 10, 2018
Sadly, won't really work. As a kid I ate loads every summer. We saved all, dried them, and ate them like almonds. A crateful or two of the fruit didn't produce enough seeds to off 3 kids under 10.
I know for a fact that people have successfully killed themselves by this method, although I don't know how many

Reactions: NotWhatIExpected
S

septembersunrose

Apr 19, 2018
I know for a fact that people have successfully killed themselves by this method, although I don't know how many

The problem is, you can't really control the amount :( You may buy a crate of apricots, and the kernels have barely any of the toxic component, or you may get some that have way more than average. Supposedly eating 10 seeds there should be side effects, and eating 30 could be lethal - but I've eaten that in a day as a 40 kg kid, and nothing happened. So you would have to aim ridiculously over the suggested amount just to be sure you won't end up with nasty side effects and living.
Or you could take amygdalin pills if you can get them, those have a consistent amount of toxic components.

Reactions: GloryGloryGlory
D

dangier_to_myself

Student
Apr 10, 2018
The problem is, you can't really control the amount :( You may buy a crate of apricots, and the kernels have barely any of the toxic component, or you may get some that have way more than average. Supposedly eating 10 seeds there should be side effects, and eating 30 could be lethal - but I've eaten that in a day as a 40 kg kid, and nothing happened. So you would have to aim ridiculously over the suggested amount just to be sure you won't end up with nasty side effects and living.
Or you could take amygdalin pills if you can get them, those have a consistent amount of toxic components.
How would I get them?

G

great-ape99

Student
Apr 22, 2018
Your better off getting sodium nitrite or nembutal or a helium hood kit or something more reliable and peaceful.

Reactions: MAIO
D

dangier_to_myself

Student
Apr 10, 2018
Your better off getting sodium nitrite or nembutal or a helium hood kit or something more reliable and peaceful.
That's not very reliable and, by nearly all accounts I've heard, not very peaceful either

S

septembersunrose

Apr 19, 2018
How would I get them?

Those silly newagey ealth stores maybe? Or Mexico. Search cancer forums, the ones where there are people who try to treat it with a vegan diet and vitamins and essential oils. Some are even made from apricot seeds, but the amount of toxin is somewhat controlled in them. Somewhat... You would still have to eat a bunch, and it's painful.

FullFat

FullFat

^best order at Micky-D's ever
Apr 27, 2018
Anybody know a way to extract the cyanide from the seeds? That's what I would put my money on. Then you don't have to twiddle your thumbs about the # of seeds to eat. Get a metric fuckton and create a powerful drug from there.

D

dangier_to_myself

Student
Apr 10, 2018
Yeah I admit that sodium nitrite doesn't have the studies and long term use in society as the other ones have.
I mean, every single personal account I've seen describes agony, and some sources say it takes hours to work

Sonnenblume

Sonnenblume

Sunflower Panda
Apr 6, 2018
I mean, every single personal account I've seen describes agony, and some sources say it takes hours to work
Where did you find all these personal accounts? I haven't found but a couple.

Reactions: NotWhatIExpected
Predestinated

Predestinated

Student
Jan 9, 2019

Lol, you need to crush the seeds. Of course nothing happened. You could have eaten 1000 of them and nothing would happen.

Pykul

Pykul

Sep 22, 2019
I have researched apricot seeds for their amygdalyn content several times. (Amygdalyn being the cyanide precursor.) Most recent check told that one needs to consume approximately 1 seed per pound of body weight.

H

Heart of Ice

Chillin'
Sep 26, 2019
Amygdalin is/was sold on its own as pills, so you don't really need apricot seeds.

Morphosis

Morphosis

Experienced
Sep 22, 2019
Hey @dangier_to_myself just wanted to apologise in case you wondered WTF..... there were likes from me all over this thread and a "reply" that didn't actually say anything.
I've just discovered paw prints all over my ipad, the cat was walking over the top of it and since it's a touch screen he managed to actually post a reply.
Must teach him how to actually say something sensible if he is going to participate instead of making me look completely cuckoo.
Sorry :happy:

(I was able to delete it though so not there now. It was just in case you noticed earlier.)

Last edited:
Reactions: realjunes
D

Deleted member 1768

Enlightened
Aug 15, 2018
Apricot seeds are very unlikely to work...sorry. Growing conditions are highly important to the strength of chemicals produced by plants, and very few pits will hold enough to be fatal. Nor would it be pleasant to try.