• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Aponia & Ataraxia

Aponia & Ataraxia

Experienced
Jun 24, 2018
I'll be using the Aokigahara mechanism on the Colorado Plateau (a 130,000 sq. mi. region of high-elevation desert). I am considering including the GPS coordinates in my private note to friends and family, but am undecided. No human will ever stumble across me where I'll be going. Even if I were to include the GPS coordinates in my note, their best bet would be to look for me on Google Maps in the next update (the area is inaccessible).

chronicpainnomore

chronicpainnomore

Not Circling the Drain Anymore
May 31, 2018
I'll be using the Aokigahara mechanism on the Colorado Plateau (a 130,000 sq. mi. region of high-elevation desert). I am considering including the GPS coordinates in my private note to friends and family, but am undecided. No human will ever stumble across me where I'll be going. Even if I were to include the GPS coordinates in my note, their best bet would be to look for me on Google Maps in the next update (the area is inaccessible).

What is the Aokigahara mechanism? I know Aokigahara is the suicide forest in Japan, but what does "mechanism" refer to?

Reactions: dano6533
chronicpainnomore

chronicpainnomore

May 31, 2018
remote outdoor locations. I'll be going to sleep forever under a full moon next to a bonfire ;) ...its funny how society would look down upon that even though its perfectly natural to die outdoors haha
What method?

chronicpainnomore

chronicpainnomore

May 31, 2018
Primary in that setting will be nice and peaceful. Just got down for the long nap, by a fire in the wildnerness.

Secondary, not quite as good, still nice although lugging it out there would be a pain in the ass.

Aponia & Ataraxia

Aponia & Ataraxia

Experienced
Jun 24, 2018
Primary in that setting will be nice and peaceful. Just got down for the long nap, by a fire in the wildnerness.

Secondary, not quite as good, still nice although lugging it out there would be a pain in the ass.

Indeed. Yea the secondary is a backup method in the [unlikely] event of a primary failure (worst case scenario would be to wake up only to be stranded and have to die of starvation/exposure to the elements). As far as weight goes: I have found a 6 cubic feet aluminum nitro cylinder online that is far lighter (only need 5 minutes run time, and the 6 cubic feet cylinder provides 10 minutes). The 5.5" x 19" cylinder size seems to be unnecessary. Only wish that they offered oxygen masks with an exterior bag (that way one only need cover their mouth and nose; its could be done, as its a simple engineering & design problem). I've written a request on how Exit International could design and produce this more ideal/optimized compact nitro rig, --its portability and enhanced user-friendliness would make it a close competitor to barbiturates (especially since all of the components are legal to own).

Last edited:
chronicpainnomore

chronicpainnomore

May 31, 2018
Indeed. Yea the secondary is a backup method in the [unlikely] event of a primary failure (worst case scenario would be to wake up only to be stranded and have to die of starvation/exposure to the elements). As far as weight goes: I have found a 6 cubic feet aluminum nitro cylinder online that is far lighter (only need 5 minutes run time, and the 6 cubic feet cylinder provides 10 minutes). The 5.5" x 19" cylinder size seems to be unnecessary. Only wish that they offered oxygen masks with an exterior bag (that way one only need cover their mouth and nose; its could be done, as its a simple engineering & design problem). I've written a request on how Exit International could design and produce this more ideal/optimized compact nitro rig, --its portability and enhanced user-friendliness would make it a close competitor to barbiturates (especially since all of the components are legal to own).
Attached is a report of someone who used a full-face diving mask with nitrogen, so it could definitely be done.

Attachments

• Suicidal Nitrogen Inhalation by use of Scuba Full-Face Diving Mask.pdf
    186.7 KB · Views: 12
Aponia & Ataraxia

Aponia & Ataraxia

Experienced
Jun 24, 2018
Attached is a report of someone who used a full-face diving mask with nitrogen, so it could definitely be done.

Thanks. Since I'm using it as a backup only, I'll likely just use the bag. As for that idealized/optimal rig that i'm speaking of: I think it would be great if Exit International would produce a partial face mask (one that only covers the mouth and nose, so as to leave the head and eyes free); such a mask would hypothetically have a hose connecting to the tank and an exterior bag that attaches to the front or side of the mask. Combined with the more compact, aluminum cylinder the entire rig could fit inside a small backpack. I really wish Nitschke would design and engineer this as he's already designed an entire nitro capsule: https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/sarco-death-philip-nitschke_us_5abbb574e4b03e2a5c7853ca

Reactions: dano6533 and azeton
Aponia & Ataraxia

Aponia & Ataraxia

Experienced
Jun 24, 2018

although it would need modifications (more robust strapping, etc.), and I cannot vouch for its safety, this is a close approximation to what I'm referring to:

HTB11tLXKVXXXXXXaFXXq6xXFXXXr.jpg

chronicpainnomore

chronicpainnomore

May 31, 2018
Yeah that's a rebreather mask, and I researched it briefly, but it's not ideal for these purposes. The bag is there to capture about 1/3 of your exhaled lung volume to retain the CO2 to stimulate respiration, the rest leaving through one-way valves. But keeping a tight enough seal to keep out oxygen, as well as having a high-enough flow rate to flush CO2 to avoid the panic reflex would be problematic. The advantage of having the exit bag is that there is enough volume so that total lung volume is always available, and also enough volume to dilute exhaled CO2. The rebreather mask is just not a good option, in my opinion.

Aponia & Ataraxia

Aponia & Ataraxia

Experienced
Jun 24, 2018
Yeah that's a rebreather mask, and I researched it briefly, but it's not ideal for these purposes. The bag is there to capture about 1/3 of your exhaled lung volume to retain the CO2 to stimulate respiration, the rest leaving through one-way valves. But keeping a tight enough seal to keep out oxygen, as well as having a high-enough flow rate to flush CO2 to avoid the panic reflex would be problematic. The advantage of having the exit bag is that there is enough volume so that total lung volume is always available, and also enough volume to dilute exhaled CO2. The rebreather mask is just not a good option, in my opinion.

Yea, that's unfortunate. It sure would be nice if Nitschke would design something that would work the way I have in mind, I know its just an engineering problem. Then again, it would also be nice if barbiturates could be concentrated down to the point of a lethal dose contained within a single pill --the true peaceful pill, haha

Aponia & Ataraxia

Aponia & Ataraxia

Experienced
Jun 24, 2018

respironics-fulllife-full-face-cpap-mask-profile.jpg

HTB11tLXKVXXXXXXaFXXq6xXFXXXr.jpg

Combine the desirable aspects of these two, and it's more-or-less what I'd like to see Nitschke design.

***Including a widened face-mask/bag airway (e.g. air-tight & screw-on)

***A larger bag size (e.g. large oven-bag, screw-on to face-mask)

***Somehow connect the tubing that links the nitro cylinder/gas flow regulator to the inside of the larger, modified bag (while maintaining an air-tight seal throughout the bag)

and

***Design a built-in component which would allow the nitrogen to build up inside the modified bag (that can be activated before one would put the face-mask on)

Reactions: dano6533 and azeton
chronicpainnomore

chronicpainnomore

May 31, 2018
When it comes to the possibility of a mask, what you really need to be looking for is an ANESTHESIA mask. The others are only meant to supplement oxygen, whereas in an anesthesia setting, the entire respiratory system, including the tubing and machine, is considered a circuit, so keeping a good seal and preventing leaks is important, hence the reason they usually intubate. But in the cases where they do use a mask, there is a strap (see attached pictures) specially designed to hold the mask on the face and maintain a seal. The pegs on the mask are designed to work with this strap, and vice versa. That takes care of the seal, the only thing left is a reservoir to handle the tidal volume (breathing in and out.) On an anesthesia machine, this is normally the green or blue rubber "punching bag" you normally see. The device I pictured with the tubing would meet this need, and it also fits anesthesia masks. All three of these together should theoretically work like you're wanting. Hyperinflation Example
J 500x500 924281 1000x1000 pad

B

Battered_Seoul

Experienced
Jun 13, 2018
Chronicpainnomore,

Could the device with the tubing that you pictured be connected to nitrogen regulator/flow meter?

Aponia & Ataraxia

Aponia & Ataraxia

Experienced
Jun 24, 2018
When it comes to the possibility of a mask, what you really need to be looking for is an ANESTHESIA mask. The others are only meant to supplement oxygen, whereas in an anesthesia setting, the entire respiratory system, including the tubing and machine, is considered a circuit, so keeping a good seal and preventing leaks is important, hence the reason they usually intubate. But in the cases where they do use a mask, there is a strap (see attached pictures) specially designed to hold the mask on the face and maintain a seal. The pegs on the mask are designed to work with this strap, and vice versa. That takes care of the seal, the only thing left is a reservoir to handle the tidal volume (breathing in and out.) On an anesthesia machine, this is normally the green or blue rubber "punching bag" you normally see. The device I pictured with the tubing would meet this need, and it also fits anesthesia masks. All three of these together should theoretically work like you're wanting. View attachment 152
View attachment 150 View attachment 151

Yes! You've got the right picture. Just a matter of handiwork, really. I soooo wish Nitschke could see this... designing a compact and more discrete rig could save numerous desperate people from gruesome methods. My personal opinion is that this hypothetical compact rig is the direction that the DIY technology needs to head next. A fully operational concept-rig like the one we've sort of synthesized here would have virtually the same instantaneous effect of a firearm (at least subjectively, with the fainting occurring instantly; clinical death within 4 minutes), without the very negative effects. Very appealing that the whole thing (6 cubic feet cylinder included) could be stored and concealed in a small day-pack. As a purely aesthetic matter, aside from the technical mechanics, the new & improved mask/bag/tubing apparatus could be made to look a little less medicalized.

Last edited: