StateOfMind

StateOfMind

Liberty or Death
Apr 30, 2020
For over half a year now, every evening - I have been going to the tracks in the hope I can muster up the courage to make that final move.

Part of the reason for this is:
"So how does one overcome the natural instinct for self-preservation? In a word: Practice. In Joiner's theory, suicide victims literally "work up" to the act by getting used to danger, fear and pain. They may do this in a variety of ways over their lifetime."

Even when I don't really feel like ctb I go anyway. It has become like a ritual - a ritual of death.
My suicide, combined with the scheduled note will be my greatest accomplishment.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: whitefeather, loopylou, Shinobi and 5 others
S

Symbiote

Global Mod
Oct 12, 2020
I revisit the memory of my first SN attempt often. How peaceful it was, how I drifted off to sleep like someone injecting anesthesia in me before a dental procedure. I'll hold the bottle of SN in my hand and coo it softly like it's my baby or a pet. I'm not worried about SI or self-preservation. I'm just more worried about timing it so it doesn't get interrupted or a force of nature intervenes.

• Hugs
Reactions: Nitup, Fthis and granolabar
J

jusbug

Apr 19, 2019
mine is a long process at least once a day i visualize the whole process and possible variant

Reactions: S like suicide and granolabar
G

granolabar

Apr 25, 2021
Yep, every day I obsessively think about ways to ctb with my surroundings almost like I have to make sure I always have a way out wherever I am. I have started staring down on high bridges and buildings to get rid of the fear.

Reactions: S like suicide, Fthis and Luna77
signifying nothing

signifying nothing

-
Sep 13, 2020
It could work against you - I'd be wary of getting too much into the routine of getting close to death only then to walk away from it. Isn't it like every time you don't go through with it or don't advance the process you're essentially 'saving' yourself?

• Love
Reactions: Fthis
StateOfMind

StateOfMind

Liberty or Death
Apr 30, 2020
It could work against you - I'd be wary of getting too much into the routine of getting close to death only then to walk away from it. Isn't it like every time you don't go through with it or don't advance the process you're essentially 'saving' yourself?
You raise a good point / question.
My life is so meaningless that I find pleasure even in planning / approaching suicide.
It's a strange place to be mentally.
Soon, even the pleasure of facing certain death will reside.

• Hugs
Reactions: BottomlessPit, filtfarfar, Fthis and 1 other person
signifying nothing

signifying nothing

-
Sep 13, 2020
My life is so meaningless that I find pleasure even in planning / approaching suicide.
I think it is still a good thing to be doing, despite what I said. Doing something active that gets you 90% of the way there has got to be a better strategy than just thinking about it at home. It should mean that when The day comes a much smaller mental 'push' should be required to achieve your outcome.

Reactions: StateOfMind and Fthis
filtfarfar

filtfarfar

Apr 12, 2021
That sounds familiar to me. My daily existence is so meaningless. The only thing that catches my attention are thoughts about methods to ctb.

My big mistake is that I moved from my apartment back to my parents who now know I am suicidal. Now I am stuck here with few options to ctb..

I think your practice will give results. It makes you more familiar with the environment, which makes you more comfortable with the situation.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: StateOfMind and Fthis
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I probably spend too much time thinking about ctb rather than actually productively preparing. It is a good idea though, as if you are mentally prepared, you might have a higher chance of actually succeeding as you will probably feel calmer about the process and will stop the SI kicking in.

xrafinha

xrafinha

Mar 29, 2021
Atm I'm at work reading posts from SS. All my colleges wich I like are sitting in front of me. They are talking about frivolous stuff, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that.

On my end, I'm here reading about suicide and thinking when and how I'll end my existance. I just feel like I don't want to see another day and I want to to go back to the place where inevitably I'll be soonor or later, the great nothingness.

I no longer fear death, but I fear dying. I'm not kin to unplesand experiences that dying definily sounds like one.

Btw, I've readed a text made by an user that ctb'd and I thought it was amazing.

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/dont-be-afraid-of-death.47413/

Really enjoyed that piece of writing.

Sprite_Geist

Sprite_Geist

NULL
May 27, 2020
Yes. The thoughts are there most of the time, and it is at a point were they have become comfortable. Not comfortable as in they are enjoyable, but meaning that they do not bother me. They have become a part of my existence just like a chore, or something else that you would do routinely. Now whenever I hear of somebody elses suicide in the real world I think to myself: "I do not blame them". Everybody else around me is shocked, or at least they pretend to be.