bijou

bijou

meow meow meow
Jan 23, 2023
i find it hilarious to watch people so disconnected from reality, while ironically being in the genre of "reality"

as an autistic female, watching nt females interact on tv is wholly entertaining. especially when they are rich white ladies who know nothing but "spend money, go to dinner, drink wine, wear prada"

comedy gold.

• Yay!
Reactions: psp3000, irregularreconcile and NumbItAll
NumbItAll

NumbItAll

expendable
May 20, 2018
i subsist on the 90 day fiancé franchise and similar funny tlc shows full of freaks

i can't watch netflix reality shows like "love is blind" where they cast obnoxiously attractive people and treat dating like a frivolous game, too triggering for me.

in any case i believe these people really are a different species altogether.

Reactions: bijou
irregularreconcile

irregularreconcile

i'm such a coward; these wretched things i do
Jun 15, 2023
To be honest, I used to. I would watch things like My Strange Addiction, and things of the like.

However... To be honest, Reality TV is predatory in nature for a lot of demographics, including someone like me. Not saying it's something ultimately horrible to watch, but it's just not for me. It makes me feel like a zoo animal sometimes :^(

P

psp3000

Enlightened
May 20, 2023
I used to watch old vh1 shows like flavour of love and rock of love etc. to pass the time

I watch a lot of recaps about 90 day fiance, love after lockup etc. they really make me want to watch the shows because the premises of those shows always baffles me (mostly just love after lockup and smothered I am not sure if smothered is on tlc or not though)

UseItOrLoseIt

UseItOrLoseIt

1O'8
Dec 4, 2020
Reality TV was good when it wasn't so polished. The logistics of attracting the market haven't yet been developed and it all felt "realer". Which is the final goal of a reality show. Like, by definition. I watched the first 2 seasons of Big Brother on my national TV, when TV was still a thing. But the formula has changed. I don't really like it now. Not much room for spontaneity left.

Reactions: psp3000 and bijou
bijou

bijou

meow meow meow
Jan 23, 2023
To be honest, I used to. I would watch things like My Strange Addiction, and things of the like.

However... To be honest, Reality TV is predatory in nature for a lot of demographics, including someone like me. Not saying it's something ultimately horrible to watch, but it's just not for me. It makes me feel like a zoo animal sometimes :^(
i gravitate towards shows like "the real housewives of *insert xyz american city*"
the women who participate in this franchise ultimately know what they are getting into. the majority of them are already publicly known/ VERY well off so they have experience in the spotlight. i ultimately don't feel very bad for them when they get into drama. they have millions, do private shopping at chanel, drive bentlys, and live in mansions. i love getting to be a bystander on some petty argument they have while in my messy living room with a negative balance in my bank account.
i subsist on the 90 day fiancé franchise and similar funny tlc shows full of freaks

i can't watch netflix reality shows like "love is blind" where they cast obnoxiously attractive people and treat dating like a frivolous game, too triggering for me.

in any case i believe these people really are a different species altogether.
ahh love is blind is too cringe for me as well, i much prefer the genre of "d-list rich celebrity women arguing"

Last edited:
irregularreconcile

irregularreconcile

i'm such a coward; these wretched things i do
Jun 15, 2023
@bijou oooh i gotcha!! i may have misunderstood initially; i totally get what you're saying 😭

bijou

bijou

meow meow meow
Jan 23, 2023
@bijou oooh i gotcha!! i may have misunderstood initially; i totally get what you're saying 😭
totally understandable! i was quite vague in my initial post, i grew up on bravo shows!

Reactions: irregularreconcile