• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

D

Davey36000

Experienced
Jun 12, 2023
I played on and off since tbc up to cataclysm but I never did all the raids, and above the cata expansion, I did 0 raids.

So I'm a bit sad about it because I never had that experience of clearing the raids week after week with a guild.

Seems stupid but everyone has their own craziness, right?

Anyone play WoW and complete the game? Ty.

yeh it's all gucci

yeh it's all gucci

I only care about cats eating corn on the cob.
Mar 4, 2022
I have played on and off since vanilla/tbc. I played up to Shadowlands, then switched to classic and played through wotlk and hardcore to LVL 60, now I am playing sod.
It's not really a game you can complete, like it's always going to have new expansions right?

I suppose the best you can do is to go back as max level and one shot all the raids solo. Mostly achievable in previous expansions. I've collected a lot of mounts and pets and stuff in retail and it's pretty easy to solo old content.

You could join the achievements finding discord. They are always running groups to complete raid achievements and things if you want to group up for the later expansions.

I think legion is my favourite expansion, I really liked the aesthetics of the raids in legion. The nighthold and tomb of sargeras are pretty great. I was a big fan of the zones in that expansion also.
I loved wotlk too but having just downed lich king again in classic and replayed the whole thing I'm kind of over it atm.

Reactions: voidstar
D

Davey36000

Experienced
Jun 12, 2023
I have played on and off since vanilla/tbc. I played up to Shadowlands, then switched to classic and played through wotlk, now I am playing sod.
It's not really a game you can complete, like it's always going to have new expansions right?

I suppose the best you can do is to go back as max level and one shot all the raids solo. Mostly achievable in previous expansions. I've collected a lot of mounts and pets and stuff in retail and it's pretty easy to solo old content.

You could join the achievements finding discord. They are always running groups to complete raid achievements and things if you want to group up for the later expansions.
I would do the content up to the last expansion.

I'm not really interested in soloing raids, that is a bit boring. I'm more interested in doing then as they were designed to be done, with a full group.

Also, I would do as many expansions as possible in private servers, and then move to retail for the latest content.

I play mostly lock, priest, paladin.

Reason is, I'm looking for the cozy/friendly guild experience advancing in the content, week after week.

Last edited:
yeh it's all gucci

yeh it's all gucci

Mar 4, 2022
Well it's going to be hard to find full raid groups for old content. Mostly that's just for current expansions. Maybe on the achievements discord i mentioned you could find some people to run with.
I would for fun but I don't really play retail anymore and I can't be bothered setting up my ui and everything again, I don't even have dragonflight, I only really play classic at the moment.
Season of Discovery is popular at the moment, have you played that?

D

Davey36000

Experienced
Jun 12, 2023
Well it's going to be hard to find full raid groups for old content. Mostly that's just for current expansions. Maybe on the achievements discord i mentioned you could find some people to run with.
I would for fun but I don't really play retail anymore and I can't be bothered setting up my ui and everything again, I don't even have dragonflight, I only really play classic at the moment.
Season of Discovery is popular at the moment, have you played that?
Yea but they are now on wotlk and I never did the high-end raids prior to wotlk.

I guess I will try pservers and then switch to retail.

FOMO really sucks.

yeh it's all gucci

yeh it's all gucci

Mar 4, 2022
Who is on wotlk? I'm on wrath, but most servers took a big loss when SoD came out, I'm in a pretty good large guild and we were running 2 X 25 man raid teams, and we had to cut back cos everyone just wants to play sod. It will probly get better once cata comes out though.

If you want a good guild raiding experience I guess you gotta just choose to either play SoD, play wrath and find a guild now before cata releases so you have a good team, or play retail (I don't even know what the current state of retail is like, not been on since Shadowlands).
Even classic era servers are good, still plenty of people around, you will never go past vanilla content, but I like that personally.

People will only be raiding current content, old raids are more just you go back and do them on your own for mounts and achieves or transmogs I guess. No one needs them anymore.

D

Davey36000

Experienced
Jun 12, 2023
Who is on wotlk? I'm on wrath, but most servers took a big loss when SoD came out, I'm in a pretty good large guild and we were running 2 X 25 man raid teams, and we had to cut back cos everyone just wants to play sod. It will probly get better once cata comes out though.

If you want a good guild raiding experience I guess you gotta just choose to either play SoD, play wrath and find a guild now before cata releases so you have a good team, or play retail (I don't even know what the current state of retail is like, not been on since Shadowlands).
Even classic era servers are good, still plenty of people around, you will never go past vanilla content, but I like that personally.

People will only be raiding current content, old raids are more just you go back and do them on your own for mounts and achieves or transmogs I guess. No one needs them anymore.
What if you just want to do them for fun. Some never did them before. But oneshotting trash/bosses kinda sucks the fun of it.

yeh it's all gucci

yeh it's all gucci

Mar 4, 2022
What if you just want to do them for fun. Some never did them before. But oneshotting trash/bosses kinda sucks the fun of it.
Kind of, it's nice to go and in see them if you've never been inside before, see the aesthetics.
Like you're just not going to find a group of people that are low level trying to clear old raids, people just want to get to max level asap, so it's either questing or dungeons, so only option is to go as max level I'm afraid.
I presume you're playing retail?
Also horde or alliance lol

ApathyToLife

ApathyToLife

Send in the clowns.
Aug 18, 2023
The upcoming 3 expansions and Elden Ring DLC is what's keeping me alive right now. Also smoking big copium that blizzard will eventually lift some class/race restrictions because not being able to play the class that you like on the race that you enjoy visually kills a little bit of immersion and fun.

Reactions: yeh it's all gucci
yeh it's all gucci

yeh it's all gucci

Mar 4, 2022
The upcoming 3 expansions and Elden Ring DLC is what's keeping me alive right now. Also smoking big copium that blizzard will eventually lift some class/race restrictions because not being able to play the class that you like on the race that you enjoy visually kills a little bit of immersion and fun.
Lol what are you trying to be, a tauren rogue???
I never had a big problem with the class/race combos in WoW because undead priest is my fav. Although I admit some more options for druids in classic would've been nice, mostly because I hate being a cow.

• Love
voidstar

voidstar

time heals nothing.
Jan 7, 2024
Been playing since 2005, had my own account at the end of TBC. I played from Vanilla until the end of WotLK, then took a break until the end of late WoD. Been playing ever since then again with a break during Shadowlands after the first raid since my guild disbanded - fuck you Martin.
Anyway! I know your struggle with finding a guild, the social investment and the trial phase, getting to know new people etc. I'm in the same spot currently, I want to get back into raiding because I miss the challenge and I want to play as long as I'm able to with my chronic illness. It's just hard to find the right people :(
I've also played Classic WotLK but stopped at the start of ToC because the guild I ended up with was a bunch of brothers who enjoyed handing out gear between themselves.
I mean it doesn't have to be Cutting Edge anymore, I might be to slow for that anyway anymore but clearing HC and then into mythic as far as we get.
Today I'll get my ass up and go back to WoWProgress to finally get a guild I think, season 4 is dropping on the 24th this month and until then I gotta be set.

What are y'all playing? Classes I mean :)

yeh it's all gucci

yeh it's all gucci

Mar 4, 2022
@voidstar Umm atm I main an undead priest and an alt boomie on SoD, on classic wotlk I am a frost dk. I have an undead priest on classic era servers too that I moved over from hardcore server. But tbh the last couple of weeks I stopped playing after a lot of years, just lost my mojo to be on the computer.. I'm a little bummed cos phase 3 dropped on SoD today and I kind of want to go level and raid but at the same time I just wanna sleep

voidstar

voidstar

time heals nothing.
Jan 7, 2024
@voidstar Umm atm I main an undead priest and an alt boomie on SoD, on classic wotlk I am a frost dk. I have an undead priest on classic era servers too that I moved over from hardcore server. But tbh the last couple of weeks I stopped playing after a lot of years, just lost my mojo to be on the computer.. I'm a little bummed cos phase 3 dropped on SoD today and I kind of want to go level and raid but at the same time I just wanna sleep
Hah, nice! If I'm not maining my troll shaman in any content then I also play an undead priest, albeit disci spec :)
Aww, yeah I wanted to play SoD as well but I had a difficult phase when SoD dropped and once I emerged from my hole everyone was playing on a PvP server, basically having to level in Horde only zones because it was that bad lmao. I love PvP but I don't enjoy unbalanced world PvP :( so imma sit SoD out I suppose.
Currently also torn between looking for a guild and sleeping. Already sitting on the bed anyway.
And I can relate, I lost my joy in doing stuff on the computer. Especially playing WoW.

yeh it's all gucci

yeh it's all gucci

Mar 4, 2022
@voidstar haha yeh SoD is a bit like that, I'm horde on a PvP server, I think the normal servers are almost dead. If I play again I will probly just play my priest on classic era, kinda bummed hardcore died out when sod came along tbh.
And yeh, disc spec for life! I mean, if holy nova didn't cost so much mana in classic I might roll as holy lol cos fun.