• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

E

eve2004

DEAD YESTERDAY
Aug 17, 2019
I'm not working now (doubt I ever will before CTB)... I cannot stay at home so I need to go for a walk or run every day sometime before noon and I cannot be home during the day or else I will give in to impulsiveness...

Anyhow, the point of this discussion is:

How many of you took advantage of the 1$ drinks (any size) at MacDonald's (at least Canada) this summer? Or any place that sold cheap ice cold drinks to entice people to stay cool?

I did... MacDonald's in my area has a lot of "kids" out of school and all but most everyone pays by card now so i show up to the counter with my exact change, get a massive bucket of a cup, fill it with half diet coke half bubbly water and a lot of ice, sit on a soft chair (there are only so many) and hope time passes fast while I "drink" away the day... in solitary confinement unless you count the people around me I make no contact with.

So who took advantage of summer food and drink specials and hung out there to spend some time? I'm also interested in what kind of drinks and especially food was on special!!

Reactions: Hexen
cryptic_cynic

cryptic_cynic

Degenerate
Jul 8, 2019
I've heard everything is more expensive in Canada, and from what you said that's accurate. In most parts of the us McDonald's offers (and has been offering for years) any size drink for $1. Not just in the summer, either.

But I guess it's good for you Canadians to have offers like that, given you all don't seem to handle heat very well.

Reactions: eve2004 and a_strange_day
mattwitt

mattwitt

# 978
Jun 28, 2018
When I had a car and was still drinking diet pop I would go to one of the McDonald's by me that had large drinks for $1 and order one with something else from their value menu like a cheeseburger or mcchicken and just sit there for about an hour just to pass some time.

There's about 4 McDonald's really close to me but their all about 35 minutes away by walking so I almost never go up there anymore : (

Reactions: eve2004
E

eve2004

DEAD YESTERDAY
Aug 17, 2019
Does anyone have shared bikes or scooters? We have them all over, I got a membership so I could "roam" if I needed to and was in serious distress (though I've crashed in that state of mind at a barely moving speed...). Sometimes I'll bike to a coffee shop within psychological comfort range (ya cause it's an issue) and sit there for a while.

So initially I was doing Starbucks. Thats expensive. Then I moved to Subway, just a buck less maybe but the advantage is that its always empty, free refills, and they have Bubbly Lime, basically carbonated calorie free lime flavoured water. And ice. Lots of ice. I can sit there as long as I want all alone for the most part.

Suddenly they closed... (vacation?) so I went to MacDs, and took advantage of their 1$ massive bucket of liquid. It was so hot out I was so dehydrated I could sit there for hours and not have to pee. Suddenly summer disappeared (really, it's freezing now in Canada, WTF)... I went to the Canadian equivalent of a 7-11, and lo and behold, they have large drinks for 1$, tax included (at MacDs it was 1.15$CAD with tax). So that was my new "place". Problem is... where do I sit and drink it? I'm still looking for a good place thats close enough I'll bother to go to. I thought about biking to a park but then again it didn't seem like the drink would make it there...

I'm currently back at Subway because of the anxiety. I'm usually the only one there, people might come in and buy something then leave.

Oh I tried Wendy's.... Canadian chain I think. I ordered a medium drink, the woman looks at me and shows me the cup, I say YES. She hands it to me and wow is it massive! She says "I told you!!!". Clearly I don't look like I can fit that amount of liquid in me.

What else or where else do you guys go to hang if you really need to distract yourself from your impulsivity or distress?

Reactions: mattwitt
wanttodie

wanttodie

Enlightened
Apr 19, 2018
I've heard everything is more expensive in Canada, and from what you said that's accurate. In most parts of the us McDonald's offers (and has been offering for years) any size drink for $1. Not just in the summer, either.

But I guess it's good for you Canadians to have offers like that, given you all don't seem to handle heat very well.
im a Canadian can handle heat very well. I tack a face to this

E

eve2004

DEAD YESTERDAY
Aug 17, 2019
im a Canadian can handle heat very well. I tack a face to this
I can handle it, I just hate it and it makes my mental situation much worse. I don't have AC at home either so during heat waves I can rarely sleep.

But I'm jealous that MacDs in the US offer 1$ drinks year round... I guess they would have to in the south.