Springore

Springore

Sep 16, 2023
I was going to ctb with a shotgun, but my plans kind of fell apart when my parents found out what hotel I was staying in while I was waiting for my shotgun to come in the mail. Now I'm back home and I'm pretty sure I will never see that shotgun I paid $1500 for because my dad is in contact with the receptionist at the hotel so that really sucks, and the worst part is that he's planning on taking me to a therapist. (ew gross) I still want to die alone, away from anyone else so I was planning on hanging myself this time, but im worried that my family will find me by tracking my phone. They won't tell me how they found me the first time so it's just a guess. I was using google maps the first time so I wouldn't get lost, and i'll probably have to use it again this time to find a store to buy the rope then find some kind of abandoned place to ctb at. If I get found a second time I'll really be done for, so I'm taking all the precautions I can think of before I leave.

ipmanwc0

ipmanwc0

I'll wait for you ❤️
Sep 15, 2023
Can't you just write down or memorize the directions then shut down your phone

Springore

Springore

Sep 16, 2023
Can't you just write down or memorize the directions then shut down your phone
No idea how I didn't think of that it's so obvious. I suck at reading street signs, but I guess eternal freedom is worth it.

Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
you can use a handheld gps navigator they come without internet or mobile data , basically the gps it is a one way signal from satelites towards earth, and can not be tracked

Last edited:
B

bluebus

meet me at the back of the blue bus
Aug 5, 2023
If you have an iPhone (or some sort of smartphone) then they probably tracked you through findmyiphone (or the android equivalent). If you turn that off they won't be able to track you/ your phone. Like @Darkover said, an "old fashioned" lol handheld gps like you would get at a tech store could be an option. Sorry that your plans went awry. I feel for you. Also there are much cheaper shotgun options out there (I'm not sure what country/state you're located in) but I'm sure there's less expensive ones. I bought (and promptly returned) a shotgun and it only cost be like $350, plus the bullets which were not expensive. Best of luck with everything

N

nessun_nome

Student
May 7, 2023
I was going to ctb with a shotgun, but my plans kind of fell apart when my parents found out what hotel I was staying in while I was waiting for my shotgun to come in the mail. Now I'm back home and I'm pretty sure I will never see that shotgun I paid $1500 for because my dad is in contact with the receptionist at the hotel so that really sucks, and the worst part is that he's planning on taking me to a therapist. (ew gross) I still want to die alone, away from anyone else so I was planning on hanging myself this time, but im worried that my family will find me by tracking my phone. They won't tell me how they found me the first time so it's just a guess. I was using google maps the first time so I wouldn't get lost, and i'll probably have to use it again this time to find a store to buy the rope then find some kind of abandoned place to ctb at. If I get found a second time I'll really be done for, so I'm taking all the precautions I can think of before I leave.

I'd be very surprised if your parents were able to track you by your phone.

S

SVEN

Enlightened
Apr 3, 2023
As long as your phone has a battery it will 'ping' off the repeater masts every 2-3 minutes to orient itself. That's how the Police or other agencies locate missing persons, climbers, hillwalkers etc. By triangulating the last known location. It's possible your parents have uploaded a locator app onto your phone without your knowledge, they are available and are mostly used by parents to have a location for young children with a phone. You wouldn't see the app on the display.
Only way to blank a phone is remove the battery, or put it in a Faraday pouch.
Best bet, as suggested earlier, mark up a map or write down your route.

Reactions: anhedonicNfoggy