Obliviate

Obliviate

Abandon All Hope
Aug 13, 2022
May seem like an odd question to post here but it is very relevant. Before I CTB I need to make sure my pets are taken care of and secured.
Calling all animal lovers/pet owners to share their experiences with pet insurance companies in the US. Alot of the companies are scams and I've been doing HOURS of research to switch to a different one. This makes me wanna CTB even more such heartless people out here who take advantage/manipulate/ only care about money and could care less about animals. Their policies are such full of crap. I worry about my cats alot. They are my everything. Any experience shared would be appreciated.

western_heart

western_heart

trying to save ourself
May 23, 2021
My understanding is that pet insurance is generally not worth it. It's probably best to just have money set aside for medical care for your pets.

Obliviate

Obliviate

Abandon All Hope
Aug 13, 2022
My understanding is that pet insurance is generally not worth it. It's probably best to just have money set aside for medical care for your pets.
I also thought that but for emergency and illnesses, that's when pet insurance is worth it unless you're rich. One little test/procedure can cause up to $1000+ Saving up thousands of dollars can take MANY years especially when you're poor and if you just started saving and an incident happens then what? I already had a kitten die because we couldn't afford bills.

Lullaby

Lullaby

🌙
Mar 9, 2022
I'm not sure if this'll help, or if there's one near you, but I was recommended to Banfield Pet Hospital. They usually have them inside a Pet Smart or Petco, I think.

They have these different packages you can get, and cover so many different things depending on which one you choose. I can't remember the estimate I got a few months when I checked, but I think it was $60 a month for the one I was interested in.

I had to take my cat to an emergency vet last year and they wanted to charge me $1K just for X-Rays. I figured paying a monthly fee somewhere else that covers it might be way better. I'm still trying to look into it myself, though.

• Love
Reactions: Obliviate
Obliviate

Obliviate

Abandon All Hope
Aug 13, 2022
I'm not sure if this'll help, or if there's one near you, but I was recommended to Banfield Pet Hospital. They usually have them inside a Pet Smart or Petco, I think.

They have these different packages you can get, and cover so many different things depending on which one you choose. I can't remember the estimate I got a few months when I checked, but I think it was $60 a month for the one I was interested in.

I had to take my cat to an emergency vet last year and they wanted to charge me $1K just for X-Rays. I figured paying a monthly fee somewhere else that covers it might be way better. I'm still trying to look into it myself, though.

I've definitely heard about Banfield but unfortunately this is not insurance it's only a wellness plan that covers basic routine checkups not accidents and illnesses. Everything is so fucked up it's insane. Thank you though I really appreciate the effort.