• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

february in alaska

february in alaska

wandering aimlessly
Sep 13, 2023
I think I would feel so much more at ease if I knew exactly what I would be facing in case of failure. Especially if anyone has their own experience with failed hangings in general please share or dm me

For context, my plans include a drop hang (I'm not sure how much of a "drop" I'll be able to find from a tree but I'll do my best) with a 2" rope

I know the biggest failure issues are probably going to be SI, anchor point breaking, etc. I'm more curious about how I would feel physically after failing, whether I would be able to try again, if it would already have long term impacts, etc

Sorry if there's already a master thread for this discussion, I 'd appreciate someone pointing it in my direction if there is

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori
Nullm

Nullm

Student
Apr 5, 2019
You may get red skin marks which will give you away that is one thing I know of

Reactions: Praestat_Mori and february in alaska
R_N

R_N

-Memento Mori-
Dec 3, 2019
It depends how long you hang. I didn't for long since my anchor was trash so I only went down with a neck bruise minus the wrist scar I got that day but that is not from hanging.

Hanging for longer period of time can leave you severely brain damaged if you are saved by any means. I would make sure to have everything 100% secure and that I am 100% ready when attempting full again. And that no one will intervene.

Ending as a vegetable would make almost anyones existence much worse than it already was.

I don't want to scaremonger but you can see some failed hanging cases and how they ended up because they were "saved" before they died. Not pretty.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori and february in alaska
february in alaska

february in alaska

wandering aimlessly
Sep 13, 2023
It depends how long you hang. I didn't for long since my anchor was trash so I only went down with a neck bruise minus the wrist scar I got that day but that is not from hanging.

Hanging for longer period of time can leave you severely brain damaged if you are saved by any means. I would make sure to have everything 100% secure and that I am 100% ready when attempting full again. And that no one will intervene.

Ending as a vegetable would make almost anyones existence much worse than it already was.

I don't want to scaremonger but you can see some failed hanging cases and how they ended up because they were "saved" before they died. Not pretty.

This is my biggest concern with this method, although everything else would be super convenient. I can put up with some momentary pain, I would even be fine with a method with a slightly slower success rate I think. It's just the possibility of ending up so much worse and still alive that terrifies me. I guess if something goes wrong while I'm hanging I just need it to happen sooner than later

Appreciate the advice though thank you

Thank you this is exactly what I was looking for

Reactions: Praestat_Mori
mashka9

mashka9

Oct 4, 2023
i failed partial some time ago, si kicked in. I was left with minor bruising and my eyes were VERY red, but they were almost back to normal the next day

• Hugs
Reactions: Leeroy14R, february in alaska and Praestat_Mori
tinyghost

tinyghost

go home at dawn sleep in the sun
Sep 13, 2023
i failed full suspension with a very small drop, only a few inches. i managed to go to the point of unconscious at which point my body thrashed so much my anchor point broke. that is definitely something to test. swing from it and really make sure itll hold your weight because your body will start to flail almost immediately.

i wasnt able to try again because i was found and hospitalized, but i feel a bit traumatized by my experience and dont know if i would choose hanging again. i had bruising, burns, and some popped blood vessels. my limbs were numb for a while and shaking uncontrollably and randomly after i regained consciousness and as i was being transported to the hospital. they did hella scans and tests but said i was okay. i felt extremely strange, like my whole body was in my head, and had a bad headache for days. i ended up having a seizure in the hospital but i have a history of seizures so thats not guaranteed to happen to you.

i was transferred to a psychiatric hospital where i stayed for another week. the injury healed fine with no permanent damage. i was fortunate that my anchor broke when it did and not any later. you just really want to minimize any possibility of falling or being found, otherwise its a very reliable method. hope this helps and good luck 🤍

• Love
  • Hugs
  • Informative
Reactions: person357, SenseOfLoss, february in alaska and 2 others
R

ropearoundatree

Student
Nov 9, 2023
Well, if you manage the "drop," from long/or high enough... then you will most certainly suffer what is referred to as a "hangman's fracture." And that is at C-2, I believe, which would be number two in the cervical (or neck) verterbral column, running down from the top, or base of the skull. Think: C-1, C-2, etc. up until C-7 & then T-1... to 12, then L-1 (to 5) you get the idea~!* (a.k.a., 'The Axis,' whereas C-1, is 'the atlas!')

• Informative
Reactions: february in alaska and Praestat_Mori
tinyghost

tinyghost

Sep 13, 2023
Wow you were lucky not to have been held in the psychiatric hospital longer. Are you gonna try partial at all or do you have further plans to CTB or have you seen a new meaning of life?
everytime ive been admitted i stayed about 7-10 days. i saw people there who attempted who were let go in as little as 3 days. they want you out asap because theres never enough beds. im also as active as possible in all the activities and lie my ass off. they made my husband do some paperwork essentially signing me into his care, i might have had to stay longer otherwise.

i tried partial several times before i gave up and did full. it seems pretty much impossible since its so easy for si to kick in and save you. i dont know if i would seriously try either again but they are both still on my radar because its accessible.

ive been actively planning to cbt since i got out of the hospital from that attempt a couple months ago. i did not feel any renewed sense to live and have only become more determined to die. waking up after failure felt like the biggest disappointment, especially since i had already come to the point where i was 100% sure i was dying.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: person357, SenseOfLoss, february in alaska and 1 other person
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
I'm not sure how much of a "drop" I'll be able to find from a tree but I'll do my best
Long drop usually doesn't fail if you make sure the anchor point can hold several times your body weight and you tie the rope well to the anchor point. Thoroughly planned this is fool proof.

To calculate your "drop" you can use the British drop tables:

Reactions: SenseOfLoss, february in alaska and Nullm
Nullm

Nullm

Student
Apr 5, 2019
i failed full suspension with a very small drop, only a few inches. i managed to go to the point of unconscious at which point my body thrashed so much my anchor point broke. that is definitely something to test. swing from it and really make sure itll hold your weight because your body will start to flail almost immediately.
What was the anchor that gave in

february in alaska

february in alaska

wandering aimlessly
Sep 13, 2023

i wasnt able to try again because i was found and hospitalized, but i feel a bit traumatized by my experience and dont know if i would choose hanging again. i had bruising, burns, and some popped blood vessels. my limbs were numb for a while and shaking uncontrollably and randomly after i regained consciousness and as i was being transported to the hospital. they did hella scans and tests but said i was okay. i felt extremely strange, like my whole body was in my head, and had a bad headache for days. i ended up having a seizure in the hospital but i have a history of seizures so thats not guaranteed to happen to you.

i was transferred to a psychiatric hospital where i stayed for another week. the injury healed fine with no permanent damage. i was fortunate that my anchor broke when it did and not any later. you just really want to minimize any possibility of falling or being found, otherwise its a very reliable method. hope this helps and good luck 🤍

Thank you for sharing all this, I'm sorry that happened to you but I'm so glad to hear there wasn't any major permanent damage in your case!! I'm definitely learning that it's better for this method to fail sooner rather than later

Do you remember how quickly you managed to go unconscious and if there was any major pain? I don't know if there's enough of a strangulation feeling to want to switch to a higher drop or not….

tinyghost

tinyghost

Sep 13, 2023
Thank you for sharing all this, I'm sorry that happened to you but I'm so glad to hear there wasn't any major permanent damage in your case!! I'm definitely learning that it's better for this method to fail sooner rather than later

Do you remember how quickly you managed to go unconscious and if there was any major pain? I don't know if there's enough of a strangulation feeling to want to switch to a higher drop or not….
thank you, yes im very grateful. the scariest thing about this method is definitely the possibility of long term damage.

i have no idea how long it took, honestly. with basically no drop in my case it was just strangulation. i panicked initially, because it was so uncomfortable, i think that might be inevitable without a long drop. it honestly hurt a quite a bit, and the feeling of not being able to breathe is very unpleasant. my head felt like it might explode and my eyes might pop out (i had burst vessels in my eyes afterwards). my body basically instantly started to flail around without my control. i lost all sense of time so i honestly felt like it was going on forever. eventually though i stopped feeling any pain or discomfort and i started seeing random images and memories. i think soon after that is when i went unconscious entirely. so it does become somewhat peaceful right before the end. its quite intense so if you think you can manage an instant death with a long drop it might save you a lot of discomfort.

• Love
Reactions: person357, notori and february in alaska
february in alaska

february in alaska

wandering aimlessly
Sep 13, 2023
thank you, yes im very grateful. the scariest thing about this method is definitely the possibility of long term damage.

i have no idea how long it took, honestly. with basically no drop in my case it was just strangulation. i panicked initially, because it was so uncomfortable, i think that might be inevitable without a long drop. it honestly hurt a quite a bit, and the feeling of not being able to breathe is very unpleasant. my head felt like it might explode and my eyes might pop out (i had burst vessels in my eyes afterwards). my body basically instantly started to flail around without my control. i lost all sense of time so i honestly felt like it was going on forever. eventually though i stopped feeling any pain or discomfort and i started seeing random images and memories. i think soon after that is when i went unconscious entirely. so it does become somewhat peaceful right before the end. its quite intense so if you think you can manage an instant death with a long drop it might save you a lot of discomfort.

Oh my god, oh man. What an insane (and traumatic) thing to be able to experience and live to tell the tale. Thanks again.

Some morbidly curious part of me almost wants to be able to feel it, since I'm only going to have one opportunity to experience death, but I know the reality will be a lot less "wow this is so interesting" and more "make it stop make it stop make it stop" lmao

I wonder if a good amount of drugs/alcohol could numb the body enough that it wouldn't be so bad? Maybe that wouldn't change anything though. I'm planning on at least trying to make myself pass out before the fall

Reactions: notori
tinyghost

tinyghost

Sep 13, 2023
Oh my god, oh man. What an insane (and traumatic) thing to be able to experience and live to tell the tale. Thanks again.

Some morbidly curious part of me almost wants to be able to feel it, since I'm only going to have one opportunity to experience death, but I know the reality will be a lot less "wow this is so interesting" and more "make it stop make it stop make it stop" lmao

I wonder if a good amount of drugs/alcohol could numb the body enough that it wouldn't be so bad? Maybe that wouldn't change anything though. I'm planning on at least trying to make myself pass out before the fall
i recently got my hands on some benzos which im hoping will help me next time i try, be it by hanging or not. i was sober for my attempt so i cant attest to how it would be under the influence of anything. for curiosities sake you could try out partial. you will get the same head feeling, although the body load is much less.

also i hope i dont come across as scare mongering or anything. i think full suspension hanging is pretty reliable for people who are willing to go through with it, i just think they should know what theyre getting into so they can make the best choice for themself and hopefully not make the same mistakes 😅

Last edited:
Reactions: february in alaska
february in alaska

february in alaska

wandering aimlessly
Sep 13, 2023
i recently got my hands on some benzos which im hoping will help me next time i try, be it by hanging or not. i was sober for my attempt so i cant attest to how it would be under the influence of anything. for curiosities sake you could try out partial. you will get the same head feeling, although the body load is much less.

also i hope i dont come across as scare mongering or anything. i think full suspension hanging is pretty reliable for people who are willing to go through with it, i just think they should know what theyre getting into so they can make the best choice for themself and hopefully not make the same mistakes 😅

Oh for sure, no I don't think it's fear mongering, I know people on this site get a lot of flak for it but I genuinely appreciate the honesty… I'd rather know exactly what's going to happen without it being sugar coated so I can make the decision for myself

Partial hanging kind of freaks me out just because it seems so much more complicated and likely to fail but I've been considering it more and more. But anyway. I hope if you do end up trying again you find the peace you're looking for

• Hugs
Reactions: tinyghost
sukuna

sukuna

#1 sukuna glazer
Sep 23, 2023
When your hung, your carotid artery in your neck is pinched and its like a lights off switch, near immediate blackout, between you hanging and you about to pass out you become VERY weak and your Si is negligible as you cant overpower the rope as you wont be able to move. the only time you would ever need to worry about Si is if you immediately go for the rope the few seconds you hang and try to fit a few fingers under and pry it off. It is super hard to maintain consciousness and it feels like you lose control ALMOST instantly
anchor point breaking
When you are hung your body starts to violently thrash around that can be a cause for concern
I'm more curious about how I would feel physically after failing
Intense pressure on the inside of your head, it basically feels like being choked out by someone but more intense and scary, if you fail you might get some bruising some eye pain and rope rash

• Informative
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
I'm not sure how much of a "drop" I'll be able to find from a tree but I'll do my best
This thread might be of interest for you if you search for suitable trees:

F

freetrees

Aug 2, 2023
if anyone knows how to drop hang yourself from a college dorm with no strong enough anchor on the ceiling id appreciate it. is there some way to create an anchor??