• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

T

TotallyIsolated

Mage
Nov 25, 2019
A friend pressganged me into calling Maytree (https://www.maytree.org.uk/). I've never been on a mental health ward and I desperately dont want to! This place is described as 'non-clinical' and a 'respite centre' - to me it sounds very much like a place where I get sent against my will so other people dont have to worry about me killing myself.

They wont be able to do anything for me, and I cant see how it would make me feel any better. I can only imagine feeling worse. I can picture people talking to me like I have leprosy or something, and a whole torrent of empty platitudes about life being precious or some other bullshit. Plus I cant help but feel like its some kind of scam or a front for religious nonsense.

Anyone heard of it, or maybe even been there? Anyone been to a similar refuge type place?

Reactions: Azzy69
ThingWithFeathers

ThingWithFeathers

Student
Sep 23, 2019
I know a member here has good reviews for this institution. So much so that she asked me to donate to them. This member sporadically logs on this website so I'll pm her to respond on this thread. Never hesitate in trying out something new. You never know what wonders it may do. If you don't feel good you can always walk out. After all, an old established facility like this is professionally operated. They aren't a bunch of amateur anti-suicide squad.

• Love
Reactions: protonic76 and TotallyIsolated
T

TotallyIsolated

Mage
Nov 25, 2019
Thanks. I'm not sure how to feel. I can't imagine a few days of talking to volunteers making much of a difference.