• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

EricRoche

EricRoche

Apr 7, 2018
Personally, I have never understood people who are so attached to the idea of family. The financial support is one big reason but other than that, I see no point in not "inconveniencing" them. Granted, I parents who are emotionally distance in a sort of bipolar way where there seem to care only in the 'tough love' way but even if they weren't, I don't think that justifies staying here. That is not the case however for so many people on /r/depression and even on /r/timetogo

There must be an evolutionary reason for this which makes me think I must be some sort of sociopath (was diagnosed anyway with schizoid personality, no idea what it is really). Am I in the minority of people here as well or are there more like me?

EricRoche

EricRoche

Apr 7, 2018
Same here.

I wonder why that's a sufficient enough reason to want to stay for many people. If we compare life with US Slavery in the South during the 18th century, most people would applaud a slave (us) breaking away from the physical and mental shackles in a field where not only does everyone no they are a slave but pretends things are normal but actually have stockholm syndrome (apparently some slaves would beat others slaves up because they'd get better treatment).

Anyone watching a film like that today would say that if he just upped and disappeared, he would be a hero. Yet take that same situation and apply it to today and you have fucking useless 90% of society condemning suicide despite knowing very well how cruel nature and how flawed human society is.