R

Ringoooooo

Feb 21, 2020
Like not watching or listening to anime/music you used to enjoy because it seems to "childish" for you now? It's a bit depressing leaving childhood behind. First happened to me when I was watching a persona 3 playthrough. "I'm getting to old for this" I kept thinking.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc, motyxia, Insomniac and 5 others
A

ArtsyDrawer

Enlightened
Nov 8, 2018
PewDiePie.
He used to make me laugh so hard it legitimately hurt. The screaming, the "HELvette!"
Now I look back at those episodes, the ones before all that racist shit he got into and... "That's funny? That's comedy?"
Same for the =3 show (?).
Same for anime. All of it. Just... it's tiring now.
It's probably the pills talking, though. I hope they agree that I'm a fitting specimen, carve that shit out of my brain, and then maybe the passion returns.

Reactions: looseye and Shadowplay
T

TheSuicidalEccentric

The universe is wonderful.
Feb 23, 2020
I used to make Minecraft Hacked Clients for most of my life. Waste of time but taught me programming (I became a master with Java and very good at computers), and kept me occupied to help with depression and shit. It was an escape from reality. Now that my life is completely fucked, I stopped doing that and need to run into the wild with one or more persons or die

Reactions: motyxia
Broken Chimera

Broken Chimera

The abyss also gazes into you
May 27, 2019
I used to be a gamer. I'll do it if I'm bored, but I really don't care about it anymore.

Reactions: motyxia, snxw and Pisceslilith
BabyYoda

BabyYoda

F*ck this sh!t I'm out
Dec 30, 2019
I used to scream over my favorite fandoms. There were a bunch of shitty "fanfics" and "comics" I made back in Junior High, and every time I look back at that time I realized that I was much happier before than now. Shouldn't have outgrown it because it would surely be a good coping mechanism.

Reactions: WrongPlaceWrongTime and motyxia
N

NotMeant2B

Sep 26, 2019
I used to be really passionate about drawing as a child. I filled dozens and dozens of notebooks with drawings. My father wasn't really impressed about it, but it was such a cheap hobby and it managed to keep me distracted, so he gladly "supported" that interest of mine.
It helped me to gain some friends in middle school, so my interest grew a little more, but I think it caused my notes to drop so I stopped getting support, and even more so then that I was not a child anymore.
My family wanted me to grow up so quick, to be responsible, dependable, courteous, self-sufficient... and they kind of accomplished it, but I think it broke me. I had to learn how to do everything by myself without ever complaining, asking for help only when utterly necessary, hiding my emotions and whatever could be seen as weakness. I learned to be there and work for others but never for myself.
I'm now about to start a PhD program, and I feel so empty, even my family isn't really impressed, they just like the status that comes with it, but they don't understand what I do or even care for that matter. I do like what I'm studying, but I feel so love-starved, out of touch with people my age, like there's no place I really fit in.
I genuinely think that I deserve the reality I live in, that I don't deserve sympathy of any kind, and that I shouldn't even be typing this; I'm just looking for attention without having ever contributed something before, and I know I won't even reciprocate because I didn't learn how to be kind and warm with the people around me. So there, I should be dead because I might be useful, but I am not wanted.
And about my hobby... I stopped drawing for years, but I like to sketch some things every once in a while... I even bought a digital drawing tablet, but I don't feel that passion I used to have, it feels mechanical. I don't really care anymore about anything.

Reactions: motyxia and Skathon
Thereisnothing

Thereisnothing

Enlightened
Jan 4, 2020
Been a long time since left my childhood age.............interests/hobbies/life etc changes....................some things stay, others go..............

N

netrezven

Mage
Dec 13, 2018
I have no idea why, but i don't miss my childhood at all. I don't miss even my teen time, no matter the fact that it should have looked prety well and exciting. There are some thing i think i would do again if the oportunity presents, but ...

Reactions: motyxia, Pisceslilith and Skathon
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
Pokemon anime shows from childhood. When I was a kid, I used to be entertained by them. However, when I grew older, it seemed really cheesy and the English dub certainly didn't help at all. Also, as someone who played the pokemon games (Generation I until V), after seeing the inconsistencies and inaccuracies in the anime vs the video game, I further distanced myself from the franchise, except for the games themselves because they were fun to play.

• Hugs
Reactions: motyxia and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
Mr2005

Mr2005

Don't shoot the messenger, give me the gun
Sep 25, 2018
Like not watching or listening to anime/music you used to enjoy because it seems to "childish" for you now? It's a bit depressing leaving childhood behind. First happened to me when I was watching a persona 3 playthrough. "I'm getting to old for this" I kept thinking.
Fuck that if you still like it you still like it. Isn't part of growing up not caring what others think? Provided you're not doing any harm then it's their problem.

D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
Gardening, working on the car, reading, gaming, painting, archaeology, drinking beer, driving round the back roads, sleeping.
All gone.
Now all I have left is bunnies.

• Hugs
Reactions: motyxia and Mr2005
Largeletters

Largeletters

Alone
Jan 21, 2020
Definitely.

BPD Barbie

BPD Barbie

Visionary
Dec 1, 2019
Yeah, quite a few things. Pokemon Go, Pokemon series in general actually, I still watch Anime but it's not as hardcore as it used to be. Reading, photography, graphic design. I kinda gave up on a lot lol, not sure how much is because I grew out of it and how much is depression.

• Hugs
Jean4

Jean4

Remember. I am ALWAYS right.... until Iā€™m not
Apr 28, 2019
I was asked what do I like to do. Honestly, I can't remember.

F

faraway_beach

Seawater and stardust
Dec 30, 2019
Since my second concussion, I've stopped enjoying all my former hobbies. But even before that, my tastes were changing -- I got tired of stories where terrible things happen, or with "heroes" who kill. I stopped thinking violence was cool.

Soulless_Angel

Soulless_Angel

existence is futile
Jul 10, 2019
Anyone "growing out" of things they used to love?

Yea Life......

• Love
Reactions: motyxia, Pisceslilith and Lethe
Isittimetogonola

Isittimetogonola

Kindness is a weakness to be taken advantage by al
Oct 22, 2019
Everything

• Love
Lethe

Lethe

Fey
Sep 19, 2019
I don't grow out of things in the sense that I think they're "childish". I think the concept of "childishness" is childish in itself. There are definitely things I don't enjoy as much as I used to, though.

RottenDeer

RottenDeer

Rotten to the core.
Feb 29, 2020
I don't grow out of it because it seems childish for me. Literally nothing I once enjoyed makes me feel passionate anymore,

departing

departing

Enlightened
Jul 5, 2019
I've literally given up everything. I have no hobbies nor interests. SS is one of the few things that I do with regularity.

• Aww..
Reactions: Shadowplay, motyxia and Skathon
the box is empty

the box is empty

Sometimes the fall kills you. Sometimes you fly.
Mar 8, 2020
"iT's cALLeD mAtuRinG!"

Seriously, yeah it's not even typical boredom. It's just listlessness in general.

Myforevercharlie

Myforevercharlie

Global Mod
Feb 13, 2020
As a kid i loved rollerskating, singing, making up my own little world.. All gone. Even drawing and painting are loosing their glamour to me

Despondent

Despondent

Archangel
Dec 20, 2019
I used to be REALLY passionate about my schooling. I was a total school nerd hehe

Each "good'' mark that I'd get would be like a rush for me. That's what kept me going. It's a shame that I've lost interest in doing it anymore. It was actually something good to have interest in haha

BitterlyAlive

BitterlyAlive

---
Apr 8, 2020
I'm not trying to sound negative, but I don't feel like I ever "loved" anything...it's all just a distraction. Some things were less painful than others. I played Pokemon to raise monsters, I played Animal Crossing for the aesthetic and the animals. I drew occasionally to get out of my head. That's...that's it. :/

All of these things are just too tedious now. I feel like my brain is rotting. I try to do these things and I can only do it for 10 minutes tops. My brain is too foggy, I'm painfully bored.

F

Fizzel87

Mar 1, 2020
I used to be massive interested in games and their development. Don't really give a fuck now though.

Reactions: looseye and motyxia
WhisperingCave

WhisperingCave

it'll be ok (maybe)
Oct 30, 2021
I used to really love writing and want to be an author when I grew up. Now... yeah

Reactions: looseye and motyxia
Insomniac

Insomniac

š¯”„ š¯”² š¯”± š¯”¦ š¯”° š¯”Ŗ
May 21, 2021
I had a period where I felt that way. It lasted 3-4 years. Then I fel back into deeper darker depression and sometimes feel the need to bingewatch rematch some of my favorite animes. It's usually things I already seen as a child or teen, I have zero motivation to watch anything new, however.

It's like with youtube. I'm bored when I'm on youtube now but sometimes will rematch old stuff from people I liked.

N

netrezven

Mage
Dec 13, 2018
i don't feel like growned up. It's more like got into the trap of ordinary stupid living. And going out of there means i should like betray my family. Combined with stupid restrictions and my mood to do things, hell i'm going into a complete single cell orgranism. If i were back in those days i had no such responsibilities i would have ...actually i would have started a war. But no man in history ever won a war having little kids around, so i should play hide and seek for more than a decade i guess.

D

DontGiveAshiit

Student
Nov 1, 2020
ye well, not really "growing out of", but I used to have lots of interests, hobbies, motivation to explore and do stuff. And now, . like my nick says basically, I dont give a shit about anything....