G

Glowarm

F*ck everyone and everything
Apr 8, 2022
I'm still very new to this site so no I've not spoken to nor met anyone outside of here.
Would I be willing to? Yes, to a degree. I've given out my phone number before to people I've met online on other platforms. Although that was 3 people in total and I "knew" them online for several years.
Would I meet someone in person? Probably not. The chance of finding someone that lives somewhat close to me, that doesn't set off my inner alarms and anxiety, that we actually click together, is slim to none tbh.

Reactions: Why Me?
W

Why Me?

Experienced
Apr 5, 2022
I'm still very new to this site so no I've not spoken to nor met anyone outside of here.
Would I be willing to? Yes, to a degree. I've given out my phone number before to people I've met online on other platforms. Although that was 3 people in total and I "knew" them online for several years.
Would I meet someone in person? Probably not. The chance of finding someone that lives somewhat close to me, that doesn't set off my inner alarms and anxiety, that we actually click together, is slim to none tbh.
OK, thanks for sharing. Makes sense.
Yes, I've made some friends/good acquaintances here along the way. I'm quite surprised, because I've never intended to do so as I'm a very closed off person and too focused on my health issues. It just happened by itself and I'm glad that it did, tbh.

We didn't do video calls (if showing my pets once is considered a video call, then yes). But I think if I or some of them hanged around for long enough, we would VC at some point.

It's always an emotional and painful moment when you part ways, either cause of their ctb or other reason. Even then I wouldn't change anything if given a chance.

My advice is to remember the nature of this site. You will probably have to separate in the future. When they want to leave, let them go.
Thank you for sharing your experience. Seems like you were able to form some organic friendships.

Last edited:
Reactions: Glowarm
StarryStarry

StarryStarry

Cat Lady
Oct 25, 2021
Yes. It ended up being devastating to me.

• Aww..
Reactions: onlyanimalsaregood and Why Me?
rationaltake

rationaltake

I'm rocking it - in another universe
Sep 28, 2021
I've tried to make friends on here. It's never gone any further than a few pms though; then people stop writing, and I never know why.
I exchanged a few PMs with somebody. It petered out as I'm just too far gone into suicidiality to manage regular chat.

I'm saying it might not have been anything to do with you. More a reflection of their own situation.
Wow, what type of person would troll on a website like this? That's crazy, thanks for sharing your experience.
I'm sure trolls target this site as they think it's full of desperate people.
Oh wow, didn't think about that...
I expect there are chatbots on here!
Yes. It ended up being devastating to me.
Sorry to hear that. I was wondering how you're getting on.

Last edited:
A

AnnyMyr

Mar 12, 2022
Do you think there are only people that want to commit suicide in this forum ? Also authorities, customs and police read here and can register as a user. So imagine you give someone your contact details and that person puts you in psychiatric hospital. And since we're talking about buying banned substances here, the police might also be interested in who you are. How can I trust someone on the internet if I don't even know the person.

Regardless of this, the question is whether new friendships make sense if you want to die anyway.

But I must admit that sometimes it would be good to talk to someone instead of just writing.
Believe me, the police and the authorities have something to do, except to look for suicidal people and send them to the hospital. No, they don't care about that.

befree

befree

Time to do more enjoyable things _____Goodbye_____
Mar 22, 2022
They do care about it in Europe. This is exactly what happened to people as reported in another forum. And you might also know that there is a facebook group, that fights against this forum.

Reactions: archipelago and Why Me?
D

DPJ187

Student
Apr 14, 2022
I haven't, because I'm not a likeable guy and i doubt normal people would be willing to spend their free time interacting with me
Isn't that a bit judgemental though? How do you know people wont want to spend their time with you? If you assume no one does then you close yourself off from those opportunities, if you are closed off people stop trying thus fulfilling your story. A vicious cycle, just remember that feeling you have of not being sure, or not knowing if people want to be around is something that is in everyone. Best way to do anything is to find something you enjoy, games, movies, anime whatever and go to places where that happens, forums meeting clubs etc. This gives you an icebreaker to open dialogue with people and for them to approach you. So long as your not horrible to people and have a bit of respect for others friends, all anyone wants is to know they have been heard.

Spiritual survivor

Spiritual survivor

A born again but occasionally suicidal
Feb 13, 2022
I've met two people off this site. It wasn't recently but a few years ago. They were both decent people in real life. One guy was brilliant, successful in business and I can't remember why he wanted to exit but he did follow thru with N in his high rise apt. The other person was an Asian lady and I went to her state and we were roommates for a little while but I left because some things weren't working out for me living in that location.

Last edited:
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
I'm not really good enough to make friends so no. I'm extremely asocial and paranoid when it comes to people. Not to mention at how my autism, my lack of interests and also that im too scared to do a lot of things people in friendships do doesn't make me the best candidate for making friends. I've been friendless all my life and it'll continue to stay that way