T

timetosleep

Feb 19, 2019
I've mostly come to term with the fact that I will die alone, but it's still not easy to cope on Valentine and Christmas. Any of you guys are alone as well? How are you guys coping?

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: cryone, cgrtt.brns, Forever Sleep and 3 others
kawaiiphantom

kawaiiphantom

I gently open the door
Feb 1, 2024
yeah I am too :< honestly just cope by trying to forget it's valentines and pretend it's any other day
I've mostly come to term with the fact that I will die alone, but it's still not easy to cope on Valentine and Christmas. Any of you guys are alone as well? How are you guys coping?

• Love
Reactions: TooConscious and bed
F

F@#$

Freedom seeker
Nov 8, 2023
Almost alone, I have two dogs and Jim beam to love me this year.

• Love
Reactions: TooConscious and hikikomorizombie
hikikomorizombie

hikikomorizombie

Ouch
Jan 15, 2024
valentine's day has never been significant to me. thanksgiving & christmas always hurt through :p if i'm unfortunately still alive by then i'll have a lot more to say abt those holidays, lol.

i'll spend today like all my others. scroll, write, read, CoD, Mr. Kuma (my teddy bear).

• Love
Reactions: Rogue Proxy, sserafim and TooConscious
T

TooConscious

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2020
Didn't even know it was lol

Reactions: cryone, reclaimedbynature, sserafim and 1 other person
fishlover

fishlover

in the end, nothing matters
Sep 17, 2023
valentine's day always ruins me. i try to pretend its just a normal day, but seeing couples together and happy.. knowing ill never have that- it really hurts.
i dont care about the cheesy over-commercialized things like a bouquet of roses or a box of chocolates- i just want somebody who cares about me.

• Hugs
Reactions: _Broken_alice
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
Yeah, I've always spent it alone. To be honest, I think it's massively overrated anyways. It's honestly just a way for corporations to get even richer, it's clever marketing. It's just another aspect of consumer culture, they want you to consume, consume, and consume! I bet that the candy, chocolate and flower industries make millions (or even billions) off of Valentine's Day each year. Valentine's is just society's way and subliminal message to make you believe that you must have romance and a partner in order to be happy.
Didn't even know it was lol
Me neither and I honestly don't give a shit.

Last edited:
Reactions: Skathon, Catch-22, Rogue Proxy and 1 other person
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Yes but it's gotten easier as I've gotten older. I think because I don't actually want to be in a real relationship now. I think my ideas are all way too fairytale. So, I can simply fantasize that I'm in a relationship and that (weirdly) seems to be enough for me now. Not that I'm saying that's healthy!

Reactions: Catch-22 and sserafim
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
Yeah, but I don't care. To me, it's just a regular day where I still continue to suffer because I'm alive. None of the holidays and other miscellaneous stuff has made me feel any different, including birthdays

Reactions: reclaimedbynature and sserafim
-Link-

-Link-

Deep Breaths
Aug 25, 2018
I live with family, so I'm not literally alone.

Romantically alone, though, yes...

Valentine's Day doesn't affect me much because I'm not socially engaged at all (online or offline). I don't see anything that reminds me of it, and I don't have it being shoved in my face, so it's pretty easy for me to avoid.

When the loneliness hits, I remind myself that relationships are not inherently "not lonely" and that being single is a lot preferable to being in a dead relationship. Plus a relationship would take energy and effort that I just don't have right now. The idea of a relationship sounds good, but the reality of a relationship would be very hard and probably even more stressful than it is for me being single.

If looking at couples is making you feel down, remember this: Just because a couple appears outwardly happy, it doesn't mean that they actually are. Think about what percentage of relationships don't work out, and you can know that a lot of those happy-seeming couples have some pretty hardcore heartbreak looming in their short-term future.

This is sort of how I try to counteract my loneliness, and it does work at least to some degree.

That, and distractions. Lots of distractions.

Reactions: sserafim
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Looks like I am :sunglasses:

And I wanna die so bad for it

leloyon

leloyon

I'll see you in the Wired.
Feb 4, 2023
I don't know about you guys, I've been spending my Valentine's with my true love.
Nooselocket
"Yes I'm alone, then again, always was"
- NIN, "Only"

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: cryone, Rogue Proxy, Final_Choice and 2 others
Final_Choice

Final_Choice

Mage
Aug 3, 2023
Always have been, always will be. I'm used to it for the most part, sometimes I like to think about the possibility of not being alone and start feeling more lonely, but realize it's nothing more than my imagination and there's really no chance. I've already come to terms with it so I'm used to it and don't really feel affected during times like today, but every once in a while it hurts just enough for me to feel it.

• Hugs
Reactions: carac
TheSpookyNameGuy

TheSpookyNameGuy

There's nothing here..
Apr 30, 2023
Unless somebody tells me it's valentines day, i have no clue.

I didn't even know it was happening until a family member gave me a card, which is strange to me as i don't care about such trivial consumerist events.

They feel sad that im missing out but trying to explain that i don't care just doesn't work on capitalist hypnotised drones.

I had cheesecake today, that is my love ❤️

• Yay!
Reactions: hikikomorizombie and sserafim
Rogue Proxy

Rogue Proxy

Enlightened
Sep 12, 2021
I have always enjoyed the holidays, including Valentine's Day, in solitude. On days like these, I like to take it slow, pamper myself, and fix myself some delicious meals (and sometimes, favorite treats).

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Alone again today. The streak lives on. If for some godforesaken reason I'm still alive next year that would make 30 Valentines Days in a row of being alone for it. I wish I could have gone outside at all today and ruined some couples' days.

cryone

cryone

Experienced
Nov 23, 2023
yep, i did. don't know if this makes things better but i was + am in a situationship. i was hoping they'd ask me out b/c ive made so many moves. they didn't, lol. kind of added to the despair for me. really wished i could have something more than a superficial love but nothing rly works out for me, lmao. honestly, id rather be entirely alone atp.

sammiechzxv

sammiechzxv

just a girl who's kinda sad
Aug 7, 2023
No, my cat is my valentine :)

funeraleveryday

funeraleveryday

please help me die
May 16, 2020
I spent every holiday alone this year and it was the same as every other day. It's better than what it would've been otherwise with my insane drug addict family they scream so much and get into fights every time so much drama. I got to have peace. My motivators for relationships or whatever are completely depleted you should get better while you still can.