• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Volatile

Volatile

God
Jun 18, 2018
My apartment is really just a prison made tolerable because of internet access.

Holed up*

Reactions: VanHeineken, Thanatos, namelessdreame and 15 others
S

shadow11

Wizard
Jul 31, 2018
Yes I only get out to go to Dr and someone has to take me. It's my own private prison where I see no one

Reactions: VanHeineken, Livide Lamb, Meena and 4 others
Why.

Why.

Jun 8, 2018
Yes. I only go out if I don't have a choice.

Reactions: VanHeineken, Livide Lamb, namelessdreame and 7 others
Empty Smile

Empty Smile

The final Bell has rung. Goodbye to all.
Jul 13, 2018
I'm a trucker, so when I'm at work, my sleeper is my prison, and when I'm at home, my house is my prison. There's just no breaking these chains.

Reactions: VanHeineken, namelessdreame, Final Escape and 3 others
ninaevol

ninaevol

Aug 2, 2018
Yup, but it's not really by choice. I live in the suburbs and I don't own a car, so I can't get very far. I live 5 minutes away from my college. That's really the only place I go. To school, and to the store if I need anything. Cooped up in my room for the most part.

Reactions: VanHeineken, ScaredOfLife, Final Escape and 3 others
I

itsallover

Arcanist
Jun 29, 2018
My body is my prison. It used to be me mind, but chronic pain is the worst shit ever. Worse than cancer if you ask me. With cancer either you survive and live again or you die and can be at peace.

Reactions: VanHeineken, Mecha Man, Tiburcio and 9 others
okaoki

okaoki

last
Aug 4, 2018
home is prison , filled with ppl you hate and hates you , internet for smoothing things , internet fees overdue soon ,
this is my last stand.

Reactions: Tiburcio, Lost1234, ScaredOfLife and 4 others
D

Deleted_9cKnXB34QG

Mage
Jun 26, 2018
Yeah, I've been pretty much stuck here for the last decade.

Reactions: VanHeineken, Tiburcio, Samuel and 6 others
Fylobatica

Fylobatica

Inactive
Apr 1, 2018
Yes, to me the whole world looks the same, regardless of the location

Reactions: VanHeineken, Meena, ephemeral and 2 others
Gray Wounds

Gray Wounds

A Phantasmagoria
Jun 27, 2018
I feel safer inside than when I am outside. The outside world always gives me this feeling of uneasiness to the point where I can almost vomit from the fear and trepidation it induces to me. This reason alone stands as a powerful excuse for me to stay inside than outside.

Reactions: Un-, VanHeineken, Meena and 9 others
lastsummer

lastsummer

Jul 28, 2018
I hide inside my apartment all the time in the past 5years. I work for myself at home, I have no friend. Family is 8,000 miles away. I lost all interests to do fun activities outside. Yeah, it feels like I'm in a prison. But I try to push myself to go workout or go for a walk at least 5 mins to clear my head. But its been very hot lately, I wish we have a nice rain here so I can be cozy in my bed.

Reactions: VanHeineken, Tiburcio, mattwitt and 2 others
ge0rge

ge0rge

the satanic mechanic
Jul 29, 2018
I barely leave the house because of severe body dysmorphia lol
Even going to do the shopping is hell

at the same time I can't wait to get a job so I can start focusing on that

Reactions: VanHeineken, ephemeral, ScaredOfLife and 1 other person
icky

icky

Jun 14, 2018
When I was a kid I'd go out alone and walk wherever, browse shops, go to the library, see a movie or something when I got bored. Somewhere along the line I became paranoid and self-conscious. The past times I went out for something besides groceries, class, and renewing my state ID were neighborhood Pokemon GO excursions at 4-5AM so nobody would see me... and the last one was a year ago. Inside sucks, but at least I feel safe and invisible.

Reactions: VanHeineken, Livide Lamb, ephemeral and 5 others
Soon4me

Soon4me

Enlightened
Jun 15, 2018
All the time,recently i attempted to overcome this,but then i remembered i have no arms or legs.

Reactions: ReleaseMe, VanHeineken, ephemeral and 4 others
T

TengoK

Aug 1, 2018
I haven't been outside since February 2017, eighteen months ago. I've only seen my block's caretaker and various grocery delivery people in that time. I've got a physical disability (a neurological one too) and my block is increasingly inaccessible, so I'm kind of scared by leaving it too, even though the place is now a complete and utter dump. A large part of my desire to CTB is, frankly, to escape this place as part of my godawful life.

Reactions: VanHeineken, ephemeral, Tiburcio and 1 other person
S

Ssname

Experienced
Jun 30, 2018
A childhood friend came over a while back and as he entered my room I said "welcome to my cage"

Reactions: VanHeineken, ephemeral, Tiburcio and 3 others
S

ScaredOfLife

Arcanist
Jul 9, 2018
I only leave for doctors' appointments. The rest of the time I'm in the bed, whether I'm asleep or not. I'm typing this on my phone while I'm in the bed.

Reactions: VanHeineken, ephemeral, Tiburcio and 3 others
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
All the time,recently i attempted to overcome this,but then i remembered i have no arms or legs.
U have no arms or legs?

Reactions: VanHeineken and Volatile
Soon4me

Soon4me

Enlightened
Jun 15, 2018
@Final Escape
Sorry.Sometimes i have difficulty explaining stuff.What i meant was i don't have "arms" as in weapons.
Or Leggins it gets cold here.

Reactions: ReleaseMe, VanHeineken, Tiburcio and 2 others
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
@Final Escape
Sorry.Sometimes i have difficulty explaining stuff.What i meant was i don't have "arms" as in weapons.
Or Leggins it gets cold here.
Lol! Gotcha

Reactions: VanHeineken, ephemeral, Tiburcio and 1 other person
S

shadow11

Wizard
Jul 31, 2018
I feel safer inside than when I am outside. The outside world always gives me this feeling of uneasiness to the point where I can almost vomit from the fear and trepidation it induces to me. This reason alone stands as a powerful excuse for me to stay inside than outside.
I feel the same way

Reactions: VanHeineken, Gray Wounds and Tiburcio
Samuel

Samuel

Wise
Apr 25, 2018
I don't leave my bed much.

Reactions: VanHeineken, ephemeral, ScaredOfLife and 1 other person
N

namelessdreame

Aug 4, 2018
I am 35 and stay inside since 10 years. My younger sister pays everything for me, apartement and food. But maybe she will get tired of me some day.

Reactions: Final Escape, VanHeineken, agreement and 4 others
Sundayafternoon

Sundayafternoon

Cosmic panic
May 18, 2018
I try to venture out as little as possible.

Reactions: VanHeineken, agreement, ephemeral and 1 other person
Sundayafternoon

Sundayafternoon

Cosmic panic
May 18, 2018
As a kid and young adult, when i lived with relatives, i would get up everyday and go out.

I went to eat, movies, book stores, library, hell even museums. All by my damn self

Since living alone, i don't have to share my space with anyone, which means no one to get away from.

Reactions: VanHeineken, ephemeral and Volatile
Imaginos

Imaginos

Full-time layabout
Apr 7, 2018
Yep. 11 years and counting, at this point. Again though, it's pretty much been a lifelong thing. Even when I was just a kid, all I could ever think about when I was at school was how much I yearned and looked forward to going back home again. The moment the final bell rang, I'd essentially sprint/power walk my way back home as fast as possible. Eventually the act of leaving here became so traumatic for me (right around the start of Grade 6), that I simply couldn't handle it anymore and, thus (after very sporadic attendance due to struggling with my Godzilla sized anxiety every day), I ended up dropping out of school in Grade 9 after my first semester of high school. My mother, in particular, tried as hard as she could to help me throughout it all and to, more or less, "heal me" somehow. This basically took the form of me & her going to see countless therapists/psychiatrists/energy healers (some good, some not so good), briefly dabbling in medication (Effexor/Paxil), to even having numerous special concessions be made for me like not having to take tests with everyone else with the added bonus of no time limits, to not even having to attend class itself and, instead. just going to see my own personal teacher in a private area), but, ultimately, it was all a waste of time. At one point, I could've finished the rest of high school just by going to our local library a couple times every week to meet with my private teacher, but, by that point, my anxiety/agoraphobia was so intense that even something as easy/convenient as that, seemed totally insurmountable. It was then, with a heavy sigh of fatigue, that my mother finally accepted that she had literally done all she could for me and it still hadn't been enough, and so, finally, let me drop out. She moved mountains for me and yet, in the end, I let her down. I wish I hadn't been so afraid. I wish I hadn't had to put her through so much heartache & stress. I am what I am, though. As broken & defective as that might be. The idea of going outside in those last few months before I quit, with my only destination being a safe, quiet library, let alone a bustling school, felt about as unrealistic as asking a paraplegic to somehow flop his/her way through a triathlon. The only difference between the two is that one crippling disability is something you can physically see and understand, whereas the other is an affliction that's just as fucking crippling, if not more so in some cases, but, unfortunately, also happens to be hidden within the heart/mind/soul and so, what seems to sadly often be the case, is quickly dismissed as being bullshit/laziness/weak willpower (etc.) In the case of my mother, she's always understood on some level the pain/anxiety that was inside me. At the time, she just didn't want to see me throw my life away. With absolutely zero help from my father (who, to this day, still thinks I was just "lazy"), it was a never ending battle for her to try and get me the help that she thought I needed. That takes its toll on a person, especially when you're effectively on your own, as she was. We all came through it, though. It was so many years ago now, that it's basically just an old story we all laugh about at this point. As Kurt Vonnegut's son (Mark Vonnegut) said when asked what our purpose is in this life, his response was simply, "We're here to help each other through this. Whatever this is". I might be nothing more than a burden and I might have, indeed, thrown my life away all those years ago, but.....no matter who or what we are, I'd like to believe that, fundamentally, we're all in this together. Maybe that's wrong and I'm just lying to myself, but whatever. My family loves me and that's all that matters. Plus, let's not forget, that this globally Dickensian society we all currently live in, is, to put it lightly, a right fucking mess. No jobs/swiftly disappearing ones, stagnating/insufficient wages, enormous amounts of debt for anyone foolish enough to get a degree/seek higher education (etc, etc.) When compared against all that, being a housebound hermit honestly seems like the best decision one could make, frankly. Be just another indentured slave to some scum fuck parasitic capitalists who, themselves, do fucking nothing for society, while siphoning out all of the existing wealth for themselves and draining our collective life force/well being like a fucking bloodsucking vampire, and are the ultimate welfare queens? Yeah, no thanks. I'll just continue to opt out of that fucking insanity if you don't mind.

Anyway, aside from very occasionally going on late night drives with my mother, I simply don't leave the house. Ever. Going out in broad daylight without one of my parents around is especially inconceivable and something I haven't done in over a decade. I went outside in daylight once last year with my mother to pick up an office chair that I desperately needed because she didn't want to go on her own, and once this year not that long ago with both my parents to see if I were a candidate for Lasik/PRK treatment (I wasn't, unfortunately). That's what I'd call an unusually busy spans of activity for me. Going outside in daylight twice in two years. Frankly, I'd prefer it if I could just stay holed up in my room, let alone just the house. If I had a bathroom in here, along with a slit under the door for food/water to be passed to me as if I were in solitary, then I honestly wouldn't have much reason to literally ever leave.

700px-Life_Sucks_Drop_Out.png

Last edited:
Reactions: VanHeineken, skitliv, ScaredOfLife and 2 others
agreement

agreement

Mage
Mar 26, 2018
U have no arms or legs?
Actually, from what I've learned from TV shows, @Soon4me would be happier with her life without arms and legs since limbless people are always happy and full of energy
;-)

Reactions: ReleaseMe, Soon4me and VanHeineken
M

Mecha Man

Experienced
Jul 16, 2018

You have no arms or legs?! Seriously?? I'm so sorry!

Edit: Oh... I just read your "clarification" post about how you just don't have weapons or leggings... sorry...

Reactions: Soon4me and VanHeineken
S

ScaredOfLife

Arcanist
Jul 9, 2018
Yep. 11 years and counting, at this point. Again though, it's pretty much been a lifelong thing. Even when I was just a kid, all I could ever think about when I was at school was how much I yearned and looked forward to going back home again. The moment the final bell rang, I'd essentially sprint/power walk my way back home as fast as possible. Eventually the act of leaving here became so traumatic for me (right around the start of Grade 6), that I simply couldn't handle it anymore and, thus (after very sporadic attendance due to struggling with my Godzilla sized anxiety every day), I ended up dropping out of school in Grade 9 after my first semester of high school. My mother, in particular, tried as hard as she could to help me throughout it all and to, more or less, "heal me" somehow. This basically took the form of me & her going to see countless therapists/psychiatrists/energy healers (some good, some not so good), briefly dabbling in medication (Effexor/Paxil), to even having numerous special concessions be made for me like not having to take tests with everyone else with the added bonus of no time limits, to not even having to attend class itself and, instead. just going to see my own personal teacher in a private area), but, ultimately, it was all a waste of time. At one point, I could've finished the rest of high school just by going to our local library a couple times every week to meet with my private teacher, but, by that point, my anxiety/agoraphobia was so intense that even something as easy/convenient as that, seemed totally insurmountable. It was then, with a heavy sigh of fatigue, that my mother finally accepted that she had literally done all she could for me and it still hadn't been enough, and so, finally, let me drop out. She moved mountains for me and yet, in the end, I let her down. I wish I hadn't been so afraid. I wish I hadn't had to put her through so much heartache & stress. I am what I am, though. As broken & defective as that might be. The idea of going outside in those last few months before I quit, with my only destination being a safe, quiet library, let alone a bustling school, felt about as unrealistic as asking a paraplegic to somehow flop his/her way through a triathlon. The only difference between the two is that one crippling disability is something you can physically see and understand, whereas the other is an affliction that's just as fucking crippling, if not more so in some cases, but, unfortunately, also happens to be hidden within the heart/mind/soul and so, what seems to sadly often be the case, is quickly dismissed as being bullshit/laziness/weak willpower (etc.) In the case of my mother, she's always understood on some level the pain/anxiety that was inside me. At the time, she just didn't want to see me throw my life away. With absolutely zero help from my father (who, to this day, still thinks I was just "lazy"), it was a never ending battle for her to try and get me the help that she thought I needed. That takes its toll on a person, especially when you're effectively on your own, as she was. We all came through it, though. It was so many years ago now, that it's basically just an old story we all laugh about at this point. As Kurt Vonnegut's son (Mark Vonnegut) said when asked what our purpose is in this life, his response was simply, "We're here to help each other through this. Whatever this is". I might be nothing more than a burden and I might have, indeed, thrown my life away all those years ago, but.....no matter who or what we are, I'd like to believe that, fundamentally, we're all in this together. Maybe that's wrong and I'm just lying to myself, but whatever. My family loves me and that's all that matters. Plus, let's not forget, that this globally Dickensian society we all currently live in, is, to put it lightly, a right fucking mess. No jobs/swiftly disappearing ones, stagnating/insufficient wages, enormous amounts of debt for anyone foolish enough to get a degree/seek higher education (etc, etc.) When compared against all that, being a housebound hermit honestly seems like the best decision one could make, frankly. Be just another indentured slave to some scum fuck parasitic capitalists who, themselves, do fucking nothing for society, while siphoning out all of the existing wealth for themselves and draining our collective life force/well being like a fucking bloodsucking vampire, and are the ultimate welfare queens? Yeah, no thanks. I'll just continue to opt out of that fucking insanity if you don't mind.

Anyway, aside from very occasionally going on late night drives with my mother, I simply don't leave the house. Ever. Going out in broad daylight without one of my parents around is especially inconceivable and something I haven't done in over a decade. I went outside in daylight once last year with my mother to pick up an office chair that I desperately needed because she didn't want to go on her own, and once this year not that long ago with both my parents to see if I were a candidate for Lasik/PRK treatment (I wasn't, unfortunately). That's what I'd call an unusually busy spans of activity for me. Going outside in daylight twice in two years. Frankly, I'd prefer it if I could just stay holed up in my room, let alone just the house. If I had a bathroom in here, along with a slit under the door for food/water to be passed to me as if I were in solitary, then I honestly wouldn't have much reason to literally ever leave.

700px-Life_Sucks_Drop_Out.png

You mentioned Kurt Vonnegut. He is one of my heroes. He once attempted suicide.