TakeMeToHeaven

TakeMeToHeaven

Jul 25, 2024
Not even video games are fun for me anymore. I'm just bored all the time, it's torture in a way.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Venessolotic, LifeQuitter, pthnrdnojvsc and 6 others
Surai

Surai

Mar 26, 2024
I feel you exactly games just have me feeling more lonely and depressed to what the point of it all is if I cant enjoy with someone else like I used to 😞. It does become torture when all we have is ourselves sometimes. Looking for the next cope to pass the time...

• Hugs
Reactions: ijustwishtodie, dagyu, landslide2 and 1 other person
TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
Not even video games are fun for me anymore. I'm just bored all the time, it's torture in a way.
Yes I suffer a lot from anhedonia and video games have been such a big part of my life I used to have so much fun playing them as a child and teenager it was so exciting nowadays it bores me but I try to force myself to play sometimes.

And today I have been playing some different games, jumping from one to the other but there just isn´t that excitement anymore it´s like the spark of joy is gone but I am trying to see if I somehow can revive it but so far no luck, but I will get my old PS2 up and running in a few days so I am curious if I will feel anything, I hope for joy and excitement and at the very least nostalgia but even that is getting harder to feel which was the last part of me which is also very evident of my posts on this forum that nostalgia means a lot to me it´s the last (sort of) joy I have left although it´s a bitter sweet feeling. I hope I will feel something since it will have been 20 years since I last played on it so that is wild to think about, I wanna try Kingdom Hearts first that game gotta bring some feelings up.

• Hugs
Reactions: Venessolotic and landslide2
QueenInsomnia

QueenInsomnia

Jul 21, 2024
I found this on TikTok earlier this year and saved it because it so eloquently described how I've been feeling. I wish I could credit who originally said it, but I can't.

If I had to be completely honest with myself, I'm tired. I'm tired, and it's not a physical tired, it's a very, you know, it's in the soul, it's like I'm fucking tired. I'm tired of going through this shit, I'm tired of everything not working out, and I'm just like, "I fucking tried." I can't not lie and say, it's not like you don't wanna live kind of thing, it's like if God were sitting across from me right now there would be a part of me that would just want to go up to him and say, "Listen, I'm done. I'm done. I'm not, I can't do this anymore, I'm just fucking physically and mentally spent and I'm done." It's a silent battle, too, it's a battle we kind of hide from the world, and from the people we love, and from the people we want to love, or want to love us, because, who wants a broken person, you know? It's like, if they know, if the people in your life knew how broken we were, would they stay? And then that raises the question, of, like, "How do I fix this? Can you fix this?" I don't know.

• Wow
Reactions: Surai
27ClubSoon

27ClubSoon

Potential Former Person
Aug 21, 2024
I feel like this about even the most hedonistic of pleasures, sex and drugs. That is what depression does, it steals the joy out of anything that once brought a smile to your face.

• Hugs
Reactions: jar-baby
dagyu

dagyu

Aug 20, 2024
im using games and whatever distraction to make the clock go faster. i feel empty.

Reactions: TakeMeToHeaven
H

Hollowman

Empty
Dec 14, 2021
I'm so far gone I can do next to nothing and not get bored. Shit's been going on for years. It's like I already know what death's going to be like.

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc and TakeMeToHeaven
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I've always felt in such a way, personally simply being conscious and aware is torturous to me, I only hope for non-existence and wish I never existed at all, I see it as so futile and undesirable to exist, I see having the ability to exist as a burden I never would have chose, I'd never wish to experience anything no matter what, I just wish to be permanently unconscious instead.

Reactions: ijustwishtodie
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
Yeah, I have anhedonia or at least I think I do. I rarely enjoy stuff and, most of the time, I only do something to pass the time