TreizKhushranata

TreizKhushranata

The cup of life has been poisoned forever.
Sep 26, 2020
I would gladly live a full life if I didn't have my debilitating issues.

• Hugs
Reactions: Hopeindeath!, DFFP, Red and 6 others
Mr2005

Mr2005

Don't shoot the messenger, give me the gun
Sep 25, 2018
I would gladly live a full life if I hadn't done what I'd done

• Hugs
Reactions: whenlavaflows, Hopeindeath!, DFFP and 3 others
GrumpyFrog

GrumpyFrog

Exhausted
Aug 23, 2020
I think there is a great number of people on here who would gladly live a full life, but can't for reasons outside of their control, be it physical, mental health, or something else.

I probably wouldn't be suicidal if I wasn't in pain too. Some people can live with horrible diseases and look at life positively, but I am sure not one of them.

I'm sorry things are so hard for you.

• Hugs
Reactions: Arvinneedstodie, Hopeindeath!, FuneralCry and 9 others
T

TooConscious

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2020
It's hard to say because my health issues were underlying since I was born and very severe/life threatening but unfortunately I've not been lucky to die from them. I've wanted to die since I was about 15 I remember thinking if I had access to a gun I'd put it in my mouth and blow head off, at 16 I bought a rope.
If my health problems became manageable enough to live a day without severe pain, vomiting, seizures, anxiety/depression fever diabetes, cholesterol, thyroid, immunodeficiency.
Then I would invest all my time into helping others who've been dealt shitty cards and see if that was rewarding enough to live.
But they won't because that means the doctors would have to show effort.

• Hugs
Reactions: Arvinneedstodie, Hopeindeath!, Ghost2211 and 2 others
yetme

yetme

Arcanist
Oct 20, 2019
Yeah, but mostly because of the pain those health issues cause. I could still enjoy life at least what is left of it, but due to health issues I simply can't eat normal food, can't drink anything except water, can't sleep properly, can't shit, can't piss etc etc etc... and on top of that I live in the world of pain. If I ever see God I will kick him in the balls as hard as I can for all that shit he's putting us through. You need to be a proper sadist to create a universe like this

Reactions: Arvinneedstodie, Pharmaruined, DFFP and 1 other person
M

MariV

Arcanist
Sep 13, 2020
I probably wouldn't be suicidal if I wasn't in pain too. Some people can live with horrible diseases and look at life positively, but I am sure not one of them
well 70% of ALS suffererers who can only move their eyes declare they are happy and very few want euthanasia. its all the mind they say

TreizKhushranata

TreizKhushranata

The cup of life has been poisoned forever.
Sep 26, 2020
well 70% of ALS suffererers who can only move their eyes declare they are happy and very few want euthanasia. its all the mind they say
That's nuts

Reactions: Arvinneedstodie and LonelyDude15
Wayfaerer

Wayfaerer

JFMSUF
Aug 21, 2019
Me. If I had my chronic condition cured I wouldn't be killing myself but that's not going to happen so CTB it is. It's not just that but it's my biggest reason for sure.

I'd bet $100 that they all believe in jebus book.

Last edited:
Reactions: TreizKhushranata
E

esse_est_percipi

Enlightened
Jul 14, 2020
where did you read this statistic?
Me. If I had my chronic condition cured I wouldn't be killing myself but that's not going to happen so CTB it is. It's not just that but it's my biggest reason for sure.
what part of you does it affect, if u don't mind me asking.
If you'd rather not say, I totally understand.

Last edited:
Reactions: GoodPersonEffed and Wayfaerer
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
where did you read this statistic?

what part of you does it affect, if u don't mind me asking.
If you'd rather not say, I totally understand.

70% of people who read this comment now also want to know.

Reactions: Arvinneedstodie, Whale_bones, esse_est_percipi and 1 other person
Wayfaerer

Wayfaerer

JFMSUF
Aug 21, 2019
@Squiddy I'm highly skeptical of that article, especially when it says "and many of the factors reported by those who say they are unhappy can be improved." This all sounds like major cope to me.

Reactions: Arvinneedstodie, esse_est_percipi and Squiddy
Squiddy

Squiddy

Here Lies My Hopes And Dreams
Sep 4, 2019
@Squiddy I'm highly skeptical of that article, especially when it says "and many of the factors reported by those who say they are unhappy can be improved." This all sounds like major cope to me.
If I ever got this syndrome, I'd want someone to kill me immediately

Reactions: Arvinneedstodie, DFFP, Spitfire and 1 other person
Whale_bones

Whale_bones

Experienced
Feb 11, 2020
I wonder if the people who are happy are all taking medications for anxiety. Part of the article quotes the study authors talking about how managing anxiety is key to quality of life for these patients. They don't directly talk about medication, but I suspect that's a huge part of what's used to manage their anxiety. These patients are taken seriously by doctors, not just told that Cognitive Behavioral Therapy is their only option... like a lot of us. If they are properly taken care of by good doctors who treat them with meds that actually work, then I can see why they're happy.

• Love
Reactions: DFFP and Spitfire
albino_elk

albino_elk

im infj with bpd=dysfunctional trash
Aug 25, 2020
Yeah, but mostly because of the pain those health issues cause. I could still enjoy life at least what is left of it, but due to health issues I simply can't eat normal food, can't drink anything except water, can't sleep properly, can't shit, can't piss etc etc etc... and on top of that I live in the world of pain. If I ever see God I will kick him in the balls as hard as I can for all that shit he's putting us through. You need to be a proper sadist to create a universe like this
I don't think its god's fault. I think it has something to do with your emotional vibration levels. I mean.. it sounds funny but i think we get a body based on luck and your vibrational level. Usually shit attracts shit. If you are feeling down for the most of your life you (mostly) will attract a weak body in the next "reincarnation" if you chose to be born again or get tricked to live against your will( if you are not consciouss enough to not do that)

Sorry ,my english is crap

Last edited:
E

esse_est_percipi

Enlightened
Jul 14, 2020
for instance:

interesting isnt it? there must be something very big im missing
They don't give many details though.
What was the exact question they were asked?
Were they able to obtain answers with 100% reliability?

It's also a relatively small sample size, and the notion of 'happiness' is not well defined.
Also, 7% of them reported suicidality, which is probably higher than in the general population.

Still, it is surprising nonetheless.
I would have assumed that happiness is almost impossible in such a state.

Last edited:
Reactions: Spitfire
BridgeJumper

BridgeJumper

The Arsonist
Apr 7, 2019
Not really forced to ctb because of my health problems. They are not that excrutiating.
But my health for sure makes me wanna die
I lie down and watch my room revolve in circles and wish I would never wake up tommorrow

• Hugs
Reactions: GrumpyFrog