Josef2000

Josef2000

Forsaken One
Nov 5, 2019
I just can't seem to get away from the topics especially in work. (I'm 20 and work with 30-40year olds)

I don't even care about the effects of brexit or what's gonna happen next with covid honestly. I'm trying to get sorted with recovery and things and I don't need the fear of the media to distress me. Although I can't avoid it because in work it's always talked about and my parents always listen to the news at such a high volume. Even when I got into taxis it was always on the radio. Pestered with adverts now and so many disposable masks on the ground outside just to remind me that "hey, we're dealing with shit"

S

SuicidallyCurious

Enlightened
Dec 20, 2020
The biggest pet peeve of living in this era is that it is the "always online" society. There are very few jobs anymore that can be done without constantly being plugged into everything else. COVID has amplified this tenfold because it has turned so many (even professionals!) into shut ins.

Reactions: KuriGohan&Kamehameha and demuic
demuic

demuic

Life was a mistake
Sep 12, 2020
The biggest pet peeve of living in this era is that it is the "always online" society. There are very few jobs anymore that can be done without constantly being plugged into everything else. COVID has amplified this tenfold because it has turned so many (even professionals!) into shut ins.
Yes, humans were not meant to be constantly bombarded with information like this. It's one thing that drives me crazy.

• Love
Reactions: KuriGohan&Kamehameha, BitterlyAlive_ and SuicidallyCurious
S

SuicidallyCurious

Enlightened
Dec 20, 2020
Yes, humans were not meant to be constantly bombarded with information like this. It's one thing that drives me crazy.
I seem to recall a certain scene from a certain book where it was mandatory to have the television on. We are there now for most people in the industrial world. Its a well known phenomenon that in order to be part of the corporate rat race in the high paying jobs you often have to go along with the social cues like pretending to care about the sportsball, golf, etc.

Reactions: KuriGohan&Kamehameha and demuic
ZardozOmega

ZardozOmega

Narcissist Gay NEET-cel
Mar 4, 2020
Everyone has to live like us NEETs now.

Reactions: KuriGohan&Kamehameha
KuriGohan&Kamehameha

KuriGohan&Kamehameha

想死不能 - 想活不能
Nov 23, 2020
I seem to recall a certain scene from a certain book where it was mandatory to have the television on. We are there now for most people in the industrial world. Its a well known phenomenon that in order to be part of the corporate rat race in the high paying jobs you often have to go along with the social cues like pretending to care about the sportsball, golf, etc.
Fahrenheit 451 has become reality.

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I'm pretty sick of hearing about COVID in general tbh.

Reactions: KuriGohan&Kamehameha
NumbItAll

NumbItAll

expendable
May 20, 2018
A little balance wouldn't hurt. I like to know what's going on, but it's not good to obsess over it 24/7. One of the many reasons I generally avoid cable news (extreme repetition). There are actually many things in life that are NOT virus-related, or whatever the current inflammatory topic may be. For example: nature adventures are pretty cool. Safe! Fun! Refreshing!

Reactions: Deleted member 23885
D

Deleted member 23885

Experienced
Nov 18, 2020
Same. Fed up of it. Told my dad that the news was depression & 2020 had been a dark year. He promised to take me to the theme park & water park. So, we'll see about it!

Reactions: Mentalmick