• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

sserafim

sserafim

they say it’s darkest of all before the dawn
Sep 13, 2023
I have Asperger's but I'm not lonely, as I never desired connection in the first place. I've also never wanted love, romance or intimacy. I have no need for relationships. I like being alone and in isolation

Last edited:
FadingDawn

FadingDawn

Experienced
Jul 18, 2023
H
I have Asperger's but I'm not lonely, as I never desired connection in the first place. I've also never wanted love, romance or intimacy. I have no need for relationships. I like being alone and in isolation
Glad to hear you don't feel lonely. I'm also mostly asexual and aromantic. Sorry to hear you're also struggling tho
Yes both. Had a partner and that's all I wanted not sloths of people everywhere. She's not here anymore so I can't talk to anyone now.
That tragic to hear. Very sorry she's not around anymore
Not autistic but incredibly lonely and isolated
Sorry to hear you're lonely :heart:

sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
H

Glad to hear you don't feel lonely. I'm also mostly asexual and aromantic. Sorry to hear you're also struggling tho
It's okay. I guess life itself is my struggle

Reactions: xinino
4_science

4_science

Apr 12, 2024
Yes I'm autistic and quite lonely. Partly my own fault as I've pushed people away.
Same. Not sure I actively push people away but it is either people finding it hard to deal with me or I find something in them that pushes me away because I don´t know how to deal with. I sometimes feel lonely, but on the other hand I am tired of trying to bend myself in each possible way with people I like, too. I want to be allowed to be weird and be myself. That only works when I am alone. I am also done asking people for advice to deal with things I don´t understand or try to make sense of. They don´t understand why I am struggling in the first place. "Why cant you just ..." "oh, that is no big deal just do this..." ending up telling me I should basically just be neurotypical and stop being autistic. This is the first place I have ever met people like me.

TheEndTimes

TheEndTimes

A gay 👨‍❤️‍💋‍👨
Aug 23, 2021
I am autistic. Four years ago, I deactivated my Facebook account and this week I finally deleted it. I never posted on Twitter or Instagram but I deleted those accounts too. I realize no one cares to understand me and I just don't want to try anymore. I've stopped talking to anyone I don't pay for their time (therapist, doctors, etc). I deleted my Reddit account yesterday. I got a dog hoping it would make me feel better but it wasn't a great move and I regret it. Truly just wish I was dead.

E

Esokabat

Student
Apr 22, 2024
Same here. Autistic and very alone. I deleted Linkedin, I will soon delete FB. I don't have anyone, no friends, no family. I had a dog once, for me it was the best decision in my life, my dog died years ago but I still cry when I see a photo and my dog still regularly appear in my dreams but I still had much more energy then. Dogs require a lot of work, sacrifice, energy, if you don't have the energy (mental or physical) it might not be a good option. I could not get a dog now as I no longer have that kind of energy. But my dog was truly the biggest thing in my life, hands down, the most impactful, most memorable, most life changing. I was lucky as I ended up with an extremely intelligent dog, other people often commented on it. I believe I will see my dog again one day…

Chr0nicAnhedonic

Chr0nicAnhedonic

poisoned to my rotten core
Oct 1, 2023
Autistic here as well. Living in the interesting space where I'm incredibly lonely but also push everyone away and make everyone feel worse for being around me. I don't know how much of my toxicity is my autism or how much of it is just my nature. I've known plenty of autistic people who were very pleasant, so I don't really have an excuse.

I wish I could be like those other autistics who have friends that care about them and accomodate them. But those other autistics aren't as nasty as I am, so I'm giving up on that dream.

Andro_USYD

Andro_USYD

Artificially happy on medicine
Jul 1, 2023
Yes I suffer & have been diagnosed with mild Autism along with ADHD and the usual (depression/anxiety) but loneliness isn't that much of an issue for me I have to say. I seem to (luckily) find some really decent friends and just stick with them. Some through uni (although everyone feels very artificial there with no problems). I wish I had some more friends from SS because the people across this site have very unique personalities so if anyone wants to talk, don't be afraid to give me a message as I'm very easy going and am a good listener.

tbroken

tbroken

Wizard
Feb 22, 2024
But how can you call that life? Imagine, if all ppl decided to live like that, the world as we know it, would not ever exist. Not our rooms, not our computers, not even the bottles of water.
I would not live the way I'm living, if i didn't have some major problems in my life.

Reactions: xinino
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
But how can you call that life? Imagine, if all ppl decided to live like that, the world as we know it, would not ever exist. Not our rooms, not our computers, not even the bottles of water.
I would not live the way I'm living, if i didn't have some major problems in my life.
Why is there an obligation that I should live like others do? Okay, I don't completely live alone. I live with my mom and dog, but still. I don't like socializing or social interaction. I think I'm probably schizoid. Why should I have to do what other people do? I never even wanted to be alive anyways, so why is there an expectation that I must conform to the norm and be like everyone else?
Imagine, if all ppl decided to live like that, the world as we know it, would not ever exist. Not our rooms, not our computers, not even the bottles of water.
So what? It's not my concern if the world as we know it would never exist if everyone lived like I did. It's not my responsibility. Just because everyone else lives a certain way doesn't mean that I also have to

Last edited:
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
I have autism but I'm starting to not feel lonely. I'm starting to break the brainwashing that society has inflicted upon me. I'm starting to liking being alone because I've been alone all my life but there still is a tiny part of me that at least wishes I had friends at university so that studying for me is significantly easier. But then again, I'm not sure if that would actually make studying easier as I never studied with anybody else in my life

TuttiFrutti

TuttiFrutti

Don’t look at me.
Jul 7, 2023
Autistic, very alone, but not lonely. Having friends gradually ended up being more distressing for me than just being on my own all the time.

Reactions: Meteora and xinino
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
I am autistic, but I think I am lucky that I have been forced socalised, if anyone wants to talk to an autstic, suicidal CS Ph.D Irish boy, then I am here.
I was also forced socialized but I didn't enjoy it at all. I think I retreated into my natural state of isolation because I didn't have to be around people anymore, nor do I want to

Reactions: iloverachel
cymbaline23

cymbaline23

May 1, 2024
Yeah I think I'm autistic, I've felt extremely lonely, especially over the last couple of years. Past friendships never ended well, so I'm more scared to make friends now. I don't want people to see the real me and end up hating me and leaving. I'm also boring and don't really contribute anything to the world, so that makes it harder for me

M

Meteora

Ignorance is bliss
Jun 27, 2023
Maybe autistic and very lonely. I m not sure if I prefer company from being alone. Both is stressful.
A question that is maybe stupid, but still: how do you notice that you are lonely? What symptoms do you have?