lifeless_libby

lifeless_libby

Aug 6, 2023
Hi, I'm new to this community and was wondering how many people on here also have BPD. I was wanting to meet other people with the diagnosis. I feel completely alone and isolated from almost everyone because I'm misunderstood. My parents are both alcoholics and I currently live with them. I have wanted to to kms for a while now.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Somethingiswaddling, Limerance, cryvinglightning and 8 others
themisfell

themisfell

May 31, 2023
I have BPD, is there anything in particular you wanted to discuss?

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori
GreenBanana23

GreenBanana23

Suicidal Banana
Mar 5, 2023
when i was put in the ward they diagnosed me with it however im not entirely sure i agree with their diagnosis, but, since they technically did, yeah i guess i sort of do too

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori
tora

tora

lonelycity
Jun 11, 2023
I have it, and honestly it's one of the main reasons I'm going to CTB. it feels like a curse to have it :(

• Hugs
Reactions: voyager, Eternal🌈Rainbow, blitz and 1 other person
sammiechzxv

sammiechzxv

just a girl who's kinda sad
Aug 7, 2023
Yeah. It's basically ruined my life.

• Hugs
Reactions: voyager, whywere, tora and 3 others
W

whywere

Visionary
Jun 26, 2020
I have had BPD since like forever. I really dislike the one aspect of my mood being all over the place. Also, the fear of abandonment stinks also.

I am in a great mood and then in a flash, I might be down or a powder keg of gun powder waiting to go off. Try as I might BPD haunts me all the time.

Also, the abandonment part sometimes leaves me with sky-high anxiety. That is where SaSu comes into play, knowing that I have friends/family here, thank heavens for all of you folks, thank you so much!!!!

Walter

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: voyager, JKFleck, Aim and 5 others
Borderline

Borderline

Borderline Personality Disorder
Aug 8, 2023
BPD is going to kill me.

• Hugs
Reactions: voyager, LonelyKitten, tora and 1 other person
Minsu

Minsu

♀️🏳️‍🌈
Jan 17, 2023
I personally don't have BPD, but my ex good friend does

Reactions: lifeless_libby
C

curtaincall

Jul 31, 2023
Yup. It's a bitch.

I read somewhere that 20% of people with BPD end up CBT.

• Aww..
Reactions: voyager, ForgottenAgain, tora and 2 others
Holu

Holu

Hypomania go brrr
Apr 5, 2023
I was gonna ask if borderline or bipolar but it seems I cannot really relate.

All I can say is I feel for y'all. Close friend of mine named Jenna had BPD. She gon now :(. Shit mixed with relationships ruins u truly

• Hugs
Reactions: lifeless_libby and whywere
X

Xta4Love

Student
Dec 25, 2021
I have BPD among other things. It's a real bitch. And mental health care won't take you seriously with BPD

• Hugs
Reactions: voyager, tora, lifeless_libby and 1 other person
CW36

CW36

➕〰️➰
Jul 23, 2023
Yes. Stems from childhood trauma. Sensitive people will often suffer at school. If you have abuse and neglect at home too, that'll mess anyone up, because you've got no safe haven. There's no justice for such crimes, because they're not tangible. I think decades of abuse should be deemed worse than say robbing a bank.

Reactions: voyager, Aim, LonelyKitten and 2 others
M

mimig1805

Aug 12, 2023
I have bpd! I got diagnosed recently and my mom thinks I'm manipulative bc of it, it honestly sucks that she can't see all the other shit I go through.

• Hugs
Reactions: Toobrokentofix, voyager, tora and 1 other person
pyroxenic

pyroxenic

Wanting to Sleep for Eternity
Feb 3, 2023
Got diagnosed with BPD back in 2021. Its a life curse and like others have said so far, it will be the death of me and one of the biggest reasons why i want to CTB.

• Hugs
Reactions: voyager, LonelyKitten, tora and 1 other person
blitz

blitz

Alive out of habit
Nov 14, 2022
Yup. I have BPD aswell. It's literally ruined my life in every single way.

• Hugs
Reactions: voyager, LonelyKitten, tora and 2 others
lifeless_libby

lifeless_libby

Aug 6, 2023
I have BPD, is there anything in particular you wanted to discuss?
when i was put in the ward they diagnosed me with it however im not entirely sure i agree with their diagnosis, but, since they technically did, yeah i guess i sort of do too
I know how hard that may be.. I'm sending you my best wishes.
I have it, and honestly it's one of the main reasons I'm going to CTB. it feels like a curse to have it :(
I understand your pain, love.
I have had BPD since like forever. I really dislike the one aspect of my mood being all over the place. Also, the fear of abandonment stinks also.

I am in a great mood and then in a flash, I might be down or a powder keg of gun powder waiting to go off. Try as I might BPD haunts me all the time.

Also, the abandonment part sometimes leaves me with sky-high anxiety. That is where SaSu comes into play, knowing that I have friends/family here, thank heavens for all of you folks, thank you so much!!!!

Walter
I agree, both those symptoms are exhausting and painful. I'm so glad you have a supportive family.
BPD is going to kill me.
I feel your pain...
Yes. Stems from childhood trauma. Sensitive people will often suffer at school. If you have abuse and neglect at home too, that'll mess anyone up, because you've got no safe haven. There's no justice for such crimes, because they're not tangible. I think decades of abuse should be deemed worse than say robbing a bank.
I agree completely, thank you for sharing 🖤
I have bpd! I got diagnosed recently and my mom thinks I'm manipulative bc of it, it honestly sucks that she can't see all the other shit I go through.
You are not manipulative you're just hurting.
Got diagnosed with BPD back in 2021. Its a life curse and like others have said so far, it will be the death of me and one of the biggest reasons why i want to CTB.
I'm so sorry for the pain you are feeling.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: mimig1805, tora, Eternal🌈Rainbow and 1 other person
kunikuzushi

kunikuzushi

sause
Jan 24, 2023
Yes it's really isolating because I'm at the point where it's too painful getting close to anyone. It's the same patterns over and over. I don't want to do it anymore, and I'm too tired to work on myself anymore than I already have. I'm really sorry you have to suffer through this too.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Lookoutbelow, Spiritual survivor, whywere and 1 other person
ENDFINITY

ENDFINITY

Agony
Aug 13, 2023
Hi, I'm new to this community and was wondering how many people on here also have BPD. I was wanting to meet other people with the diagnosis. I feel completely alone and isolated from almost everyone because I'm misunderstood. My parents are both alcoholics and I currently live with them. I have wanted to to kms for a while now.
I have severe Refractory OCD that isn't responding to any treatments

ethereal.angel

ethereal.angel

hopes to fly high like an angel or dove someday ~☆
Aug 11, 2023
yep, BPD is just one of the many things that ruined my life and make me wanna CTB.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: voyager, Spiritual survivor, kunikuzushi and 1 other person
JKFleck

JKFleck

Betrayed by my only friend, nothing left to lose
Oct 1, 2023
Yep I have BPD too and lost my friends because of it

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: voyager, Spiritual survivor, Asingletwig and 1 other person
Amyend88

Amyend88

A&E
Oct 22, 2023
Me too. It's caused by a traumatic childhood they say.

• Hugs
Reactions: voyager, Spiritual survivor and whywere
JKFleck

JKFleck

Betrayed by my only friend, nothing left to lose
Oct 1, 2023

Walter
OH MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS FOUND A CURE FOR DEPRESSION, just STOP BEING DEPRESSED!!
You have ADHD? Just FOCUS BETTER
Do you have anxiety disorder? JUST STOP worrying!
Do you have BPD or Bipolar or OCD and you're having a manic episode?? Just CaLm DoWn

Most of our society in a nutshell

• Yay!
  • Love
Reactions: voidstar, Lookoutbelow, voyager and 2 others
Spiritual survivor

Spiritual survivor

A born again but occasionally suicidal
Feb 13, 2022
I had a lot of BPD type issues especially wen in my 20's and 30's. As I've learned more about mental health type issues, I think I suffer with complex ptsd, ADD, autism, and the struggle to regulate and understand my emotions. I did have a very neglected, invalidating, low nurturance, abusive, childhood. But the autism I think is what really caused the most actual disability because I don't appear autistic, and people assume because I've survived this long that I can't have that. No I've never been high functioning I just probably learned to hide it and appear more like the average person. I've survived by alternative but unhealthy way of supporting myself due to the undiagnosed autism causing me to be unable to last in normal employment.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: voyager and godsseepiestsoldier
Asingletwig

Asingletwig

Oct 1, 2020
There's a fair number of ppl with BPD here

Reactions: Spiritual survivor
Spiritual survivor

Spiritual survivor

Feb 13, 2022
Many parents should be in prison, and there should be some type of way to remove children early from parents who are not able to properly nurture children in those first 6 years or so. The kids suffer for the rest of their life from the unmet needs unless they are fortunate enough to access the right therapy and before it steals your adulthood.

Reactions: voidstar
cryvinglightning

cryvinglightning

it gets worse before it gets better.
Oct 27, 2023
my therapist couldn't really understand which of my behaviors are a symptom of bpd and which one are autism, so she referred to my symptoms as a combo of both. i can still say with certainty that it fucks me over and has done so for ages.

• Hugs
Reactions: whywere and Spiritual survivor
Spiritual survivor

Spiritual survivor

Feb 13, 2022
my therapist couldn't really understand which of my behaviors are a symptom of bpd and which one are autism, so she referred to my symptoms as a combo of both. i can still say with certainty that it fucks me over and has done so for ages.
I think we get stuck on diagnostic labeling too much. I'm not sure why they separate complex ptsd from borderline personality disorder since it is caused by child abuse and neglect for both. Now the autism thing, this is not caused by child abuse so there should be some way to make the distinction easily.

Reactions: voyager
L

letsmakeitagoodworl

Sep 25, 2022
Take the diagnosis (borderline PD... I don't think Bipolar is what OP is talking about but I couldn't be sure)with a grain of salt. Some drs are terrible/lazy & like to DX young females especially who have attempted or self harm with bpd when they do not have it. It happened to me & since I've been told not only do I NOT have it but I have OCD PD which is the complete opposite.
I don't believe anyone under 25 should be able to be diagnosed due to the damage it can do in recovering help but particularly because the cognitive prefrontal cortex in the brain isn't fully developed until then so people can display behaviours that are due to that not a mental health disorder.

That's not to say people aren't suffering, it's just BPD is a terrible label to slap onto people, they need to rewrite the whole diagnosis because people with eating disorders, depression, bipolar & psychosis can all tick multiple boxes of BPD.

I would say tho (and again don't wanna undermine anyone here, but "BPD" has a very good recovery rate (which I equate to incorrect diagnosing & its remission with age), but I say that because I know many who were diagnosed years ago who are now content in life.

• Love
Reactions: Limerance
GreenBanana23

GreenBanana23

Suicidal Banana
Mar 5, 2023
Take the diagnosis (borderline PD... I don't think Bipolar is what OP is talking about but I couldn't be sure)with a grain of salt. Some drs are terrible/lazy & like to DX young females especially who have attempted or self harm with bpd when they do not have it. It happened to me & since I've been told not only do I NOT have it but I have OCD PD which is the complete opposite.
I don't believe anyone under 25 should be able to be diagnosed due to the damage it can do in recovering help but particularly because the cognitive prefrontal cortex in the brain isn't fully developed until then so people can display behaviours that are due to that not a mental health disorder.

That's not to say people aren't suffering, it's just BPD is a terrible label to slap onto people, they need to rewrite the whole diagnosis because people with eating disorders, depression, bipolar & psychosis can all tick multiple boxes of BPD.

I would say tho (and again don't wanna undermine anyone here, but "BPD" has a very good recovery rate (which I equate to incorrect diagnosing & its remission with age), but I say that because I know many who were diagnosed years ago who are now content in life.
i have never committed self harm but tick many boxes of BPD... but not enoguh to be a real diagnosis, the doctor in front of me literally said "yeah we'll say you have that one" when i said "im not so sure i agree with this, maybe" about one of the "symptoms"

really though you're right that many other disorders and issues overlap into the BPD label... personally i still am far from recovered and not sure I will ever be. probably will be dead in the next 5 years