• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

S

spinningship

Student
Dec 20, 2022
I honestly feel violated when someone contacts me or speaks to me like they know who I am. I wish I was completely invisible. I feel like I completely do not know or am possible to know anyone so it freaks me out when people remember who I am or that I exist after being in a space for too long. Most of the time it's just me in my head and it's comfy and safe.

sserafim

sserafim

they say it’s darkest of all before the dawn
Sep 13, 2023
I honestly feel violated when someone contacts me or speaks to me like they know who I am. I wish I was completely invisible. I feel like I completely do not know or am possible to know anyone so it freaks me out when people remember who I am or that I exist after being in a space for too long. Most of the time it's just me in my head and it's comfy and safe.
Yeah, I wish I didn't have to be perceived by anyone. I wish I could be invisible, being known or perceived scares me. I already feel invisible, like a background character in my own life, instead of the main character. I feel like an observer, not a participant in life.

Last edited:
Ovid

Ovid

FML
Feb 2, 2024
I understand both of you. I do feel like this sometimes, and honestly sometimes I wish it was the case - sometimes I imagine myself as a ghost when I walk through the halls of my college buildings, I pretend no one can see me and I just observe. I also like to walk around buildings I don't have any classes in, just to observe too, like a ghost seeing how the other students live that I don't get to interact with.
But every so often, I am reminded that I exist. People remember things that I tell them, and it shocks me and catches me off guard. How did they remember that? Why would they care to bring it up again?
It's because people do perceive you, they do care about you and they do think of you as a person in their life. This means that they would perceive your absence if you "left". Little moments like that really help me to remember that there are people in the world who appreciate me, who's lives are, even if its an infinitesimal amount, made more fulfilled by our connection. And it's the same for you.
And here is also the hard truth. The reason I feel so disconnected from others is because I do not reciprocate the same care that they give to me. It shocks me that people remember things about me because I don't remember anything about them. If you live your life as if you are disconnected from everyone, it will begin to come true, and then you will be the one realizing how those interpersonal connections made your life better.

Final_Choice

Final_Choice

Mage
Aug 3, 2023
I'm pretty invisible irl and online, so I don't have to deal with it too much since even if I wanted to no one would actually put the effort to try to understand me. I can blend in pretty well into the background and just live as a background character, though every once in a while I get into the position where interactions with others is inevitable, but I can deal with those if they're not too often.