Nolan96

Nolan96

Mage
Feb 12, 2022
I sometimes discover issues in my life that I call backburner problems. They're serious long-term problems that you could imagine someone thinking of as a core life challenge for them, but in my case they're so eclipsed by other things that I barely even notice them. Everyone's experiences and priorities are different I guess.

Just this week some events have taken place which made me really internalize the fact that I have life-long physical tics and concentration issues that probably were a small part of the reason why I was an academic failure as a kid despite being fairly intelligent and cultured. But "small part" is key, because there was so much other shit going on that it got overlooked even by myself, whereas for other kids it might have been identified and the problem somehow alleviated.

I'm not sure yet if discovering these sorts of backburner problems really helps. I guess it at least reinforces the idea that the reason why I'm a failure isn't entirely just because I chose to be.

• Hugs
Reactions: noname223, No Entertainment and Ginnn