catscradle

catscradle

Now I will destroy the whole world
Jul 10, 2020
I used to be an alcoholic until I was forced to stop.
the drinking was nice. hangovers not so much. one of the reasons I'm still scared to CTB is I have too many bad memories of vomiting up vodka and taco bell.

• Hugs
Reactions: charlottewilts, CarbonMonoxide, Philosykos and 1 other person
KleinerWolf

KleinerWolf

Account Wipe.
Apr 30, 2020
I used to drink quite a lot and i've picked it up again after exiting treatment, so yea yesterday I had 3 drinks before 9am :pfff:

Haha euphoria is somewhat pleasant and addictive at times.
Pace yourself :P
I wish you well :hug::heart:

• Love
Reactions: Red and Azzy69
S

SSlostallhope

Student
May 23, 2020
I have witnessed my mother drink till drunk most days and she died of heart failure ( muscles depleted around heart due to alcoholism) I can tell you it's not a slow death. She died age 64 Weighing roughly 4 stone

• Aww..
Reactions: KleinerWolf
Csmith8827

Csmith8827

Don't you listen to your heart? (Listen to it...)
Oct 26, 2019
Dude i've been a homeless alcoholic for like 8 years and I just stopped. I was an alcoholic from about 20-21 years old and up. My advice is don't get into it if you don't have to. I just started to get myself off of it due to clinical research but it was honestly just destroying my health. If you wanna go out that way then go for it but there's honestly got to be a better way and living your life in a drunken stupor state of mind is just plain dumb in my book. Everyone's different and if you need it. It's a golden escape but remember what goes up must always come down. Well most of the time haha.

Reactions: Philosykos, Red, Garbage Person and 1 other person
SnowWhite

SnowWhite

Semi-Professional Disappointment
Jan 16, 2020
Going to use being from the UK as an excuse, but yes. I've cut back, if only slightly, on alcohol more recently in favour of cannabis and Kratom, but I've still got a long way to go. Lockdown helped for a short while, with pubs being closed, but it never stopped me from drinking at home.

• Hugs
D

Dinosaur

Jan 18, 2020
Getting drunk alone one time a week can be good, but no more.

Raminiki

Raminiki

Iustitia Mortuus
Jun 12, 2020
Never been a recreational drinker and avoid any alcohol 99% of the time. A small glass of wine makes me sleepy quickly. Recently I've started having a small drink at night to potentiate my meds to get to sleep better. Insomnia will make you try anything.

I make my own booze so no idea how strong it is.

• Love
Reactions: Red, KleinerWolf and Saed
I

I screwed up

Waiting for the damn bus
Sep 11, 2019
I can relate brother. I have one of those personalities where one is too many and twenty is not enough.
I love being sloshed off my face, it makes the pain go away, let's me become someone else for a while, and for a few hours thongs are pretty good.
That first beer, the expectation, the closest thing you can get to a sort of 'buzz' and then the gates of hell open and it's 04:00, I'm drawing £200 from an ATM to pay a dealer for 3 grams of Joss Aucklands Spunky Backpack, vomiting madras out of my nose down a dress shirt and smoking a cigarette I couldn't tell you where it came from if my life depended on it (somewhat ironically).
It is for this reason that I generally abstain and there for when I do 'fall off the wagon' I do it alone in the safety of my own home with all you guys for company, listening to the Hotel California on repeat.
Peace my brothers and sister... Some dance to remember, some dance to forget.

DBD
In the same boat as u bro... Have ruined my life bcoz of that. For me its not just alcohol , it could be weed, opiate , anything ... I usually lose control

• Hugs
Reactions: KleinerWolf and Dead beat dad
CarbonMonoxide

CarbonMonoxide

Marejeo ni ngamani
Oct 13, 2019
I used to be an alcoholic until I was forced to stop.
the drinking was nice. hangovers not so much. one of the reasons I'm still scared to CTB is I have too many bad memories of vomiting up vodka and taco bell.
I too have been down the path of alcoholism. I still am, actually,just not as much as before. Used to be I couldn't wait to get off work to go drink myself blind. I remember once running in the middle of a busy highway screaming "Kill me! Kill me!". Definitely not a good way to live by any standards.

As for op, if you haven't started drinking already, don't. It is not what you expect especially when you get hooked. I'm never going to stop drinking but I said no to the daily habit.

• Love
Reactions: GravityUtilizer, catscradle, KleinerWolf and 1 other person
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
Alcohol is a great solvent. It'll dissolve your problems, health, finances, friendships, relationships, ambitions, dreams, and everything else. Been there, done that, don't recommend it.

• Love
Reactions: roju, charlottewilts, Intheo and 2 others
Red

Red

Warlock
Apr 10, 2019
Never been a recreational drinker and avoid any alcohol 99% of the time. A small glass of wine makes me sleepy quickly. Recently I've started having a small drink at night to potentiate my meds to get to sleep better. Insomnia will make you try anything.

I make my own booze so no idea how strong it is.

ooo what do you make??

I

Intheo

Student
Jul 1, 2020
I used to booze a lot. Been boozing recently more due to all the stress and anxiety I've been having. I actually don't like drinking and it's hard on my body. It's funny how this ruinous substance is legal and encouraged in society yet helpful plant medicines are serious offenses.

Reactions: Raminiki
Red

Red

Warlock
Apr 10, 2019
Fruit and flower champagnes. Simple and delicious. No special equipment needed.

That sounds amazing!
Fan-cyyy :happy: love the idea of using garden bounty! Gonna alternate my suicide research with booze-making now lol thanks for the inspiration!:heart:

Reactions: Raminiki
Raminiki

Raminiki

Iustitia Mortuus
Jun 12, 2020
That sounds amazing!
Fan-cyyy :happy: love the idea of using garden bounty! Gonna alternate my suicide research with booze-making now lol thanks for the inspiration!:heart:

Please do. Having a hobby to distract in a positive manner can be helpful. If you'd like recipes, feel free to PM. :)

Reactions: Red
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
I not really a drinker myself (maybe some holiday events and some parties) and for me, I'd rather be sober than drunk. Also, during this pandemic, money is a bit tight so I am not going to spend it on drinking, but that's just me. Getting tipsy and drunk just isn't a good feeling for me, I feel like puking and nauseous when I get into that state.

Red

Red

Warlock
Apr 10, 2019
Drinking also affects your respiratory system, I know I can't breathe as well when drunk... prolly not the best while a respiratory virus is everywhere!

Sad_Autistic_boy_101

Sad_Autistic_boy_101

When I die, you'll love me.
Nov 19, 2019
I started drinking at 11. As like you I needed a break from the shit going on in my life and 8 years later im a heavy drinker. The problem with alcohol is when you start, you then need more and more until you have the same effect to help you chill. So thats when drugs are used for me anyway. I was also doing drugs at 11 as the alcohol didn't satisfy all my needs. I mean I suggest drinking but not like everyday as now it physically makes me anxious to think when I can have my next drink to help me calm me.

• Hugs
Reactions: Red