Thereisnothing

Thereisnothing

Enlightened
Jan 4, 2020
I was wondering if anyone here has considered maybe going to a country that has Euthanasia, such as Dignitas in Switzerland rather than end their life another way/themselves?
Reason I ask is that, I however hard I wrack my brain I just cant come to any conclusions or feel confident in any method to do it myself and was was wondering if others had the same predicament and that going somewhere to a clinic and do it under controlled conditions appealed to you or not?
I know cost would be a big thing for many I suppose, but have been thinking much safer option maybe as be doctor there etc. Interesting to hear others thoughts. Also does anyone know how much somewhere like Dignitas would cost? I am in UK so would be nearest option for controlled suicide/euthanasia.

Reactions: Mizzmini45 and dundyfundy
BPD Barbie

BPD Barbie

Visionary
Dec 1, 2019
If I had the money then I would try to apply for sure. But it's VERY expensive. Plus there are all the logistics of getting your body back to your country etc.

Reactions: hershberger
Thereisnothing

Thereisnothing

Enlightened
Jan 4, 2020
If I had the money then I would try to apply for sure. But it's VERY expensive. Plus there are all the logistics of getting your body back to your country etc.
If you went to a clinic and died would it be hard then to have body flown back home? Wouldn't it just be same as if someone died naturally abroad? I wonder why places charge so much, I heard somewhere cost about £10,000 not sure if accurate. They say that they care about people and do it for that reason, so you wonder what the high cost really is all about.

N

nbn

Student
Nov 3, 2019
Money might be a problem for some of the people here.But, that is not the concern for many people who want to die at dignitas. Unless you have a terminal disease,its next to impossible to get a green signal. I have tried it without a success.But, feel free to contact them.

Reactions: Cevapcici and Innereye
Thereisnothing

Thereisnothing

Enlightened
Jan 4, 2020
Money might be a problem for some of the people here.But, that is not the concern for many people who want to die at dignitas. Unless you have a terminal disease,its next to impossible to get a green signal. I have tried it without a success.But, feel free to contact them.
I have many life limiting and chronic illnesses which are worsening, plus now dont just wish to be around as just alone in life. I was under impression that you could go there if had any sort of difficult illnesses and someone told me they did accept for mental health, although that was harder to get the go ahead. Mm sounds like it could be harder to do than it seems then, like most things in this life!

D

Deleted member 1768

Enlightened
Aug 15, 2018
I was wondering if anyone here has considered maybe going to a country that has Euthanasia, such as Dignitas in Switzerland rather than end their life another way/themselves?
Reason I ask is that, I however hard I wrack my brain I just cant come to any conclusions or feel confident in any method to do it myself and was was wondering if others had the same predicament and that going somewhere to a clinic and do it under controlled conditions appealed to you or not?
I know cost would be a big thing for many I suppose, but have been thinking much safer option maybe as be doctor there etc. Interesting to hear others thoughts. Also does anyone know how much somewhere like Dignitas would cost? I am in UK so would be nearest option for controlled suicide/euthanasia.
Waiting to see if I am eligible for euthanasia in Canada.

TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
I have thought about going to Dignitas or an organization similar to that, yes. However, I don't think I'd qualify as I don't have a terminal illness, much less even a chronic illness. As far as mental illnesses and psychological suffering, the chances of them accepting my request for the process to die peacefully would be close to nil. Therefore, it is very likely that if I want to exit this life and end my suffering, I'd have to do it on my own, by my own hand. I live in the US and in a state that has relatively lax gun laws so I plan to CTB via that way.

• Aww..
Reactions: WearyOfStruggling
N

nbn

Student
Nov 3, 2019
I have thought about going to Dignitas or an organization similar to that, yes. However, I don't think I'd qualify as I don't have a terminal illness, much less even a chronic illness. As far as mental illnesses and psychological suffering, the chances of them accepting my request for the process to die peacefully would be close to nil. Therefore, it is very likely that if I want to exit this life and end my suffering, I'd have to do it on my own, by my own hand. I live in the US and in a state that has relatively lax gun laws so I plan to CTB via that way.
I always fantasize of dying by shot gun to my head.But,i don't think i can do this in my life
I have many life limiting and chronic illnesses which are worsening, plus now dont just wish to be around as just alone in life. I was under impression that you could go there if had any sort of difficult illnesses and someone told me they did accept for mental health, although that was harder to get the go ahead. Mm sounds like it could be harder to do than it seems then, like most things in this life!
Then u can try ur luck

angie

angie

need to exit
May 25, 2018
It is about 10k . appprox.
If i had the money i'd be there asap
.With no hesitation either . would be my idea of heaven . I have no money so it's a no no for me unfortunately but if you can afford it , then go for it i say ..

Last edited:
Thereisnothing

Thereisnothing

Enlightened
Jan 4, 2020
Waiting to see if I am eligible for euthanasia in Canada.
I wonder how tough the rules are in Canada, it varies greatly from Country to Country, its a definite no-no here in UK thats why every 8 days a Brit goes to Switzerland. I'd be interested to know how you get on with your eligibility.
This is what gets me down about this world, society wont help with mental health and certainly no understanding when people are suicidal or in crisis, yet they dont make it easier to help anyone who is, its so sad. In UK we are very tightened down with Gun laws.

Last edited:
  • Aww..
Reactions: TAW122
D

Deleted member 1768

Enlightened
Aug 15, 2018
I wonder how tough the rules are in Canada, it varies greatly from Country to Country, its a definite no-no here in UK thats why every 8 days a Brit goes to Switzerland. I'd be interested to know how you get on with your eligibility.
Depends on the province in Canada, but Quebec is presently working on allowing those demented, etc. to have access to assisted dying. I will keep everyone posted, no worries :)

Reactions: voyager and Thereisnothing
Thereisnothing

Thereisnothing

Enlightened
Jan 4, 2020
It is about 10k . appprox.
If i had the money i'd be there asap
.With no hesitation either . would be my idea of heaven . I have no money so it's a no no for me unfortunately but if you can afford it , then go for it i say ..
Geez that is alot of money and what I dont understand is, WHY do they charge so much. They claim to be a non profit organisation but dont sound right to me. They only supply a bed, Doc and another person and the mixture. I suppose alot of the cost is down to paperwork and maybe red tape, I dont know. Seems everyone is out to make money even at everyones saddest expense.

Reactions: Mizzmini45, voyager and Deleted member 1768
angie

angie

need to exit
May 25, 2018

This is what gets me down about this world, society wont help with mental health and certainly no understanding when people are suicidal or in crisis, yet they dont make it easier to help anyone who is, its so sad. In UK we are very tightened down with Gun laws.
Id qualify . i'm terminally ill , those who can afford it often mental illness and can't get the ok from dignitas .
And those who are terminally can't afford it , life just cruel to all of us really one way or another .

• Aww..
Reactions: Cevapcici
SinisterKid

SinisterKid

Visionary
Jun 1, 2019
I know of one member accepted by Pegasos and another in the process in their own country's system. A quick search here would reveal a few threads on the subject should you want more reading.

Reactions: Mizzmini45, LegaliseIt! and Thereisnothing
Thereisnothing

Thereisnothing

Enlightened
Jan 4, 2020
Id qualify . i'm terminally ill , those who can afford it often mental illness and can't get the ok from dignitas .
And those who are terminally can't afford it , life just cruel to all of us really one way or another .
Its swings and flipping roundabouts isn't it and not of the play ground variety! What a world :'(

N

nbn

Student
Nov 3, 2019
Whenever i feel some pain in my body,i always pray the god that it should be a terminal cancer,but that never happens. None of my family or my blood relatives have cancer,and i am pretty sure i will never die of cancer. I eat a lot of fresh fruit, vegetables,i don't smoke, don't drink to prevent other conditions,which unfortunately have a inverse relationship to acquire cancer. If i am guranteed that i will get the cancer if i smoke 100 cigarettes daily for a month,i will start doing that right away,but it's impossible to say. :(

• Hugs
Reactions: Cevapcici
Thereisnothing

Thereisnothing

Enlightened
Jan 4, 2020
Whenever i feel some pain in my body,i always pray the god that it should be a terminal cancer,but that never happens. None of my family or my blood relatives have cancer,and i am pretty sure i will never die of cancer. I eat a lot of fresh fruit, vegetables,i don't smoke, don't drink to prevent other conditions,which unfortunately have a inverse relationship to acquire cancer. If i am guranteed that i will get the cancer if i smoke 100 cigarettes daily for a month,i will start doing that right away,but it's impossible to say. :(
It often has no bearing on living a healthy lifestyle and getting ill, its just luck of the draw. I always lived very healthy one and now look at state my poor body. My grandfather didn't smoke, drink and ate very healthy and yet he died young of cancer other people I know healthy regimes and still got ill and some people I know had bad diet and habits and got ill, so no rhyme nor reason.

N

nbn

Student
Nov 3, 2019
It often has no bearing on living a healthy lifestyle and getting ill, its just luck of the draw. I always lived very healthy one and now look at state my poor body. My grandfather didn't smoke, drink and ate very healthy and yet he died young of cancer other people I know healthy regimes and still got ill and some people I know had bad diet and habits and got ill, so no rhyme nor reason.
If that can happen to me, I will be the happiest person in this world

Throwmyselfaway

Throwmyselfaway

Not gone yet but soon
Jan 14, 2020
I just had a friend pass for lung cancer. Diagnosed with stage 4 a year ago. Never smoked a day in her life. Treatment took her faster then the cancer. I would gladly have traded places with her. I have smoked for almost 30 years and my lungs are fine.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: purplemoon and Thereisnothing
AlreadyGone

AlreadyGone

Taking it day by day
Jan 11, 2020
I strongly considered it but since I am not terminally I'll, I know they will not accept me.

• Aww..
Reactions: Thereisnothing
mathieu

mathieu

Enlightened
Jun 5, 2019
If I had the money I'd probably apply to pegasos. I'm not terminally ill just mentally and I'm young so doubt they'd accept me.

• Aww..
Reactions: Thereisnothing
angie

angie

need to exit
May 25, 2018
Depends on the province in Canada, but Quebec is presently working on allowing those demented, etc. to have access to assisted dying. I will keep everyone posted, no worries :)
I think its only switzerland that allows people from a different country to go there .I think you have to be living in all the other countries that has assisted dying to qualify .

Thereisnothing

Thereisnothing

Enlightened
Jan 4, 2020
I think its only switzerland that allows people from a different country to go there .I think you have to be living in all the other countries that has assisted dying to qualify .
Yes I think you are right, that is why so many Brits go to Switzerland, not heard of any going to other Countries.

T

tom90

Oct 1, 2019
I did, but they probably will not accept me. I don't even know how to describe them what is wrong with me. I started so many times writing them an e-mail but I just don't.

• Hugs
Reactions: dundyfundy
angie

angie

need to exit
May 25, 2018
Yes I think you are right, that is why so many Brits go to Switzerland, not heard of any going to other Countries.
I cant see us ever getting it in the Uk somehow .

Reactions: dundyfundy and Thereisnothing
Thereisnothing

Thereisnothing

Enlightened
Jan 4, 2020
I cant see us ever getting it in the Uk somehow .
Our Country has gone to the dogs long ago.........bad to worse and back with all sorts of things, just take Brexit.........on second thoughts:wink:
I did, but they probably will not accept me. I don't even know how to describe them what is wrong with me. I started so many times writing them an e-mail but I just dont.

Interesting to know which country this might be that may accept others?

Last edited:
voyager

voyager

Don't you dare go hollow...
Nov 25, 2019
They wouldn't accept me, because I'm mhi, so, really I don't know what I'm doing. Of course, I could let those polyps I have mutate into cancer over time. But it's not a nice way to go, and then I don't really need Dignitas now, do I? Tbh, I don't feel like justifying myself to an outside party anyways, and spending my last minutes in front of a video camera continuously repeating how they are not responsible and this is my choice etc is not my thing. I prefer my style of farewell party with alcohol, media and my thoughts.

I appreciate that these places exist, but I do feel they overcharge. If you can get N illegally for 1k, I don't see how the official route can cost around 10k. I know legal costs, administration, funeral etc. Sounds a bit shady though.

TheOA

TheOA

Student
Jan 5, 2020
I have/am considering and would qualify but cost would be a factor. Specifically, I would need to contemplate burial cost because what they ask seems expensive for basic cremation (unless I misunderstood).

D

dundyfundy

Aug 4, 2019
I did. But as others mentioned, unless you have a terminal illness, getting accepted is nearly impossible. So I didn't even try. Plus like others said, costs over £10,000. Add flights and other things on top, will be significantly more I believe. There's also a place in Belgium last I researched this but didn't seem viable as well.

So unfortunate... they allow to euthanise animals for variety of non-terminal reasons, like being "too aggressive" or owners not willing to pay for the private procedure and it's cheaper to kill them. Yet it's almost illegal for humans to try and kill themselves. Perhaps a bit dramatic, but almost as if trying to keep us as slaves, spinning the cogs in the hypercapitalistic world.

If we were truly free, euthanasia would have been legal long time ago. No one is talking about flipping a switch overnight. But genuinely talking to the doctors, family, etc, over few months, if person is sure and has wanted this for awhile, that should be acceptable.

Reactions: Mizzmini45 and voyager
P

Pan

Paragon
Oct 24, 2019
I have considered embarking on a tour of Europe and draining my bank account dry leaving just enough in to pay for services provided by Dignitas. I have learned that they allow your pet to accompany you. I do not know if I can locate a physician in u.s. to approve it.
Approximately 10,000 usd. You must be a dues paying member to participate in their program.

Last edited: