• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
This new cat I adopted took easily to the harness and leash. I took him out today, he did so good. I'm surprised because he's an older cat and I do not think he's ever been on a harness and leash. I'm so glad he's able to tolerate it because I can't let him roam outside unsupervised. So I'm relieved he doesn't mind it. He kept whining to be let out so I put the harness and leash on and found a semi out of the way spot that wasn't too busy or loud. At first he fought it a little bit but then he was totally cooperating. I'm like oh this is great. He doesn't like the carrier so I have to carry him to the car and stuff lol! Luckily he doesn't fight, scratch, and bite. Anyway, that is all.

• Love
  • Yay!
Reactions: Random, Camille Lejeune, NumbItAll and 12 others
F

Fadingfast

Come in peace, go in peace
May 9, 2019
I need the motivation to try this with my kitty!

• Hugs
Reactions: Superfluous, Soul, Circles and 2 others
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
I need the motivation to try this with my kitty!
I did this with one other cat which I started very young. She had the right outgoing, somewhat fearless, curious type of personality so it worked. I had tried with a kitten after that one and he hated it and was not willing to cooperate so I didn't push it. Then I got this cat and he didn't fight me when I put on the harness and seemed to not be too bothered by being on the leash. At first he didn't like it but he still kind of cooperated enough that I felt it was worth working at it with him. You will just kind of know if your cat is the type that will tolerate it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Superfluous, Circles and not-2-b-the-answer
Conflicted Cat

Conflicted Cat

Experienced
May 23, 2019
Wish I had a cat. Wish I COULD have a cat... Unfortunately, not permitted where I live. Makes life 10 times more miserable.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Final Escape, Superfluous, LastFlowers and 2 others
LastFlowers

LastFlowers

the haru that can read
Apr 27, 2019
I used to. I also used to walk around my neighborhood when I was a kid, with one of those cat carriage things. With two of my cats inside them.
I can't believe I did that lmao shameless

Certain cats are good on harnesses, my oldest cat still recognizes the sound of the leash being moved and runs toward the door like he's ready to be taken out. The other ones are two squirmy and will get out. And one decided to surprise attack my face years ago when I brought him out the first and last time, so no thank you. Being outside can make them crazy.

Reactions: Superfluous, Final Escape, Circles and 1 other person
not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Archangel
Mar 23, 2018
Wish I had a cat. Wish I COULD have a cat... Unfortunately, not permitted where I live. Makes life 10 times more miserable.

I would like to have a cat but I don't know what would happen to it once I'm gone. :'(

• Hugs
Reactions: Final Escape, Roberto, Superfluous and 2 others
ImsooDone1N

ImsooDone1N

Arcanist
Nov 22, 2018
I've never walked my cat. I don't think he would like it. However I did get him a hammock so he has somewhere comfortable to catch sun. I also sometimes put some pounce cat treats on the end of the cord in a fishing pole and kinda go fishing for cat. It's fun tho he would never survive as a fish because he gets caught & reeled in over & over again.

However their is some lady in my neighborhood who I see walking not 1 but 3 animals; I recently realized 1 is a cat. It's a like a Siamese one. Then there are two poodle like dogs & a 4th that is never on a leash. She lives up the block, so I see her often. The cat seems to explore & smell stuff like the dogs, but with more scrutiny.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Superfluous, LastFlowers and 2 others
seekingoblivion

seekingoblivion

Arcanist
Dec 11, 2018
I'd like to have a cat. The problem is I worry I wouldn't be able to care for it the right way. And the people I live with aren't particularly fond of cats.

• Hugs
Reactions: Superfluous and Circles
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
I never tried it, but I can't even get this guy off me half the time so I doubt it would work, lol.

• Love
Reactions: Superfluous, Soul, Severen and 4 others
Bärchen

Bärchen

Distracting myself through Life
Apr 7, 2019
We tried it about 19 years ago with a cat, it didnt work. He just lay on the ground.
With my 2 cats i have now thats not possbile, Berti would go crazy and Paul is too lazy.

• Love
Reactions: Circles, Superfluous, LastFlowers and 4 others
S

spanishguy22

Enlightened
Apr 9, 2019
Yeah, he's got a whole garden and field for him. He has limited time of course, but he always looks forward to it. 1 hour or 2. Cats aren't meant to be locked up in apartaments, but that's just one more fucked up thing that selfish ass humans have created on other beings, of many. At least mine is experiencing nature like they are supposed to.

Reactions: Circles, Soul and Final Escape
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
Buddy

Attachments

• 2C4EC28D-D5AA-4F95-BCE7-CF4916BC4CA4.jpeg
    2C4EC28D-D5AA-4F95-BCE7-CF4916BC4CA4.jpeg
    319.6 KB · Views: 43
  • Love
Reactions: Circles, Superfluous, WinterIsComing and 6 others
R

Roberto

Wizard
Jan 19, 2019
I never tried it, but I can't even get this guy off me half the time so I doubt it would work, lol.

View attachment 11500
I would eat that cat with kisses.
Yeah, he's got a whole garden and field for him. He has limited time of course, but he always looks forward to it. 1 hour or 2. Cats aren't meant to be locked up in apartaments, but that's just one more fucked up thing that selfish ass humans have created on other beings, of many. At least mine is experiencing nature like they are supposed to.
I wanted my cats to experience the nature. But it's a bit agressive to them. Dogs, cars, etc. It's not an apartment, but a flat. I play with them and try to make them enjoy the time. But it's a bit egoistic. The she, is the mother of the other. And I found it in the streets. After I saw another cat killed by a car, I tried to keep it safe. But I use to let she go out. But the boy, haven't experienced much life. And it is a bit afraid of everything, like me. I feel guilty for him.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Circles, Superfluous, Final Escape and 2 others
Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
I tried to get my two cats used to it. They don't mind the harnesses so much but as soon as I add a leash they freak out - the she-cat rolls up in a ball that I would have to drag down the sidewalk (not a good look!) and her brother leaps around in a panic crashing down every time the leash checks him. I'm moving soon and will definitely create an enclosed catio for them so they can safely enjoy a bit of the outdoors. 11535

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Circles, Superfluous, LastFlowers and 2 others
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
I would like to have a cat but I don't know what would happen to it once I'm gone. :'(
I actually had a convo with friend about this. He said he would take my cat if I decide to ctb. I was relieved. I would not take to shelter. Rehoming well in advance is best.

• Hugs
Reactions: Circles, Superfluous, Soul and 1 other person
not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Archangel
Mar 23, 2018
I actually had a convo with friend about this. He said he would take my cat if I decide to ctb. I was relieved. I would not take to shelter. Rehoming well in advance is best.

I can't tell anyone … I did once and they got upset. I don't think they would want a cat. :'( I'm hoping I finally have the courage soon to CTB anyway.
(I guess I will see if that happens) :'(

• Hugs
Reactions: Circles, Superfluous, Soul and 1 other person
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
I tried to get my two cats used to it. They don't mind the harnesses so much but as soon as I add a leash they freak out - the she-cat rolls up in a ball that I would have to drag down the sidewalk (not a good look!) and her brother leaps around in a panic crashing down every time the leash checks him. I'm moving soon and will definitely create an enclosed catio for them so they can safely enjoy a bit of the outdoors.View attachment 11535
They match the bedding lol! I love that pic :)

• Love
Reactions: Circles, Superfluous and Soul
wanttodie

wanttodie

Enlightened
Apr 19, 2018
I had a cat id take out in front my apt on harness and leash and walk around the yard in the back of the apt

Reactions: Soul, Circles, Superfluous and 1 other person
WinterIsComing

WinterIsComing

Fragile...
May 27, 2019
I made them a harness and they hate it :ahhha::ahhha:
I put them a collar too and they arteducacion like someone was dragging them down...
They are so picky! :pfff:
Anyways when I get out the house they act like dogs and follow me a few blocks...its weird when people see me with the cats folllowing me.

Last edited:
  • Yay!
  • Love
Reactions: Soul, Circles, Superfluous and 1 other person
Severen

Severen

Enlightened
Jun 30, 2018
Cats are the best pets, IMO.

Reactions: Soul, Circles, WinterIsComing and 2 others
A

ArtsyDrawer

Enlightened
Nov 8, 2018
This brings me a mental image of one of those big, tough dogs like a rottweiler trying to start a fight with your cat, at which point your cat promptly fucks the dog up on a whole new level. heh
The fluffier the cat - the better.

Reactions: Final Escape, Circles, LastFlowers and 1 other person
Soul

Soul

Apr 12, 2019
Or is it the bedding that matches them? :wink:

That's a bingo. The arrival of all this white plush that sticks to everything except the cats led to a lot of lifestyle changes. My entire wardrobe and bedlinens have been adapted to underscore the cats' glory :love:

• Love
Reactions: Final Escape, LastFlowers and Superfluous
LastFlowers

LastFlowers

the haru that can read
Apr 27, 2019
Love all the kitty pics, this is one of mine, the one that doesn't do well in a harness because she is a squirm worm. She's always sticking her tongue out at me. (And yes I tucked her in lol)

11544 11545

• Love
Reactions: Soul, Superfluous, Final Escape and 1 other person
Soul

Soul

Apr 12, 2019
Always love me a tuxedo girl! xox

Reactions: LastFlowers
Severen

Severen

Enlightened