S

Scythe

Lost in a delusion
Sep 5, 2022
Crimes and discrimination aside, society still sucks for me. Most people are stuck in a loop of wake up work eat sleep, annual pay raise don't make up for inflation, then people who's friends with their boss just gets to bullshit their way through work. If you have a crime record it ruins your entire life even if it's like 20 years ago. (or so I'm told) If you have social anxiety, society just middle fingers you cause you need to socialize with other people to live. Schools are more focused on passing than making it a valuable experience, oh and half the shit you learn you forget after the exam is over. There was no point to it, but nope still gotta teach it. You have to follow this stereo typical society accepted personality or everyone spites you. Some large companies just leechs their employees who's been paid as little as possible. Taxes is high as fuck for middle class citizens in some places for no reason in particular, while rich people evades taxes.
The point is this world is just a shit hole to live in and I want out.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Tmbass, ojinzo, Lostandlooking and 20 others
Obliviate

Obliviate

Abandon All Hope
Aug 13, 2022
Exactly. It's a sick world and most people will turn a blind eye to it and live under a rock or conform to it cuz "Well what else are we suppose to do?" It makes me physically ill.

• Hugs
Reactions: rotciv, Tmbass, hopelessdreams and 10 others
A

Alnilam

Aug 29, 2022
Once you open your eyes to just how cruel, corrupt and soulless this world really is, it's like you come out a changed person. It's hard to find meaning or purpose in a world such as this. There's so much disconnect, so much silent suffering and you're expected to just push through it with the promise that everything will come out sunny side up. That's not the case. People die before they reach their retirement. People dedicate their lives to corporations that'll only grind them into the ground, sack and replace them any chance they get.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: rotciv, Tmbass, Lostandlooking and 13 others
D

darkcirclesunder

Sep 8, 2022
Yes society has an obvious class system which goes all the way back to india and agrarian society. The working class, the intellectual non physical labor middle class, and the owners of asset class. Humans only can care about their offspring primarily, and their romantic partner, which is about 4 people give or take. Everything else is just a transactional relationship based off of the law of supply and demand, and how you can benefit them. This is one of the main reasons i want to CTB.

Reactions: rotciv, bluem00n, Zhendou and 5 others
Hollowillow

Hollowillow

I want throat hugs & anime! Can't use chat pm me
Aug 7, 2022
Crimes and discrimination aside, society still sucks for me. Most people are stuck in a loop of wake up work eat sleep, annual pay raise don't make up for inflation, then people who's friends with their boss just gets to bullshit their way through work. If you have a crime record it ruins your entire life even if it's like 20 years ago. (or so I'm told) If you have social anxiety, society just middle fingers you cause you need to socialize with other people to live. Schools are more focused on passing than making it a valuable experience, oh and half the shit you learn you forget after the exam is over. There was no point to it, but nope still gotta teach it. You have to follow this stereo typical society accepted personality or everyone spites you. Some large companies just leechs their employees who's been paid as little as possible. Taxes is high as fuck for middle class citizens in some places for no reason in particular, while rich people evades taxes.
Yes. Social services do the worst mental violence. Pedos. Vaccine passports & vax injuries. My own fuck ups. Sexual abuse. Etc

Reactions: Zhendou
G

gimzero

Student
Aug 15, 2022
They want you inside this madness for unkown reasons society was the same all the time but we didnt see.

Reactions: Zhendou and Ligottian
makethepainstop

makethepainstop

Visionary
Sep 16, 2022
I have to think that these so-called normal people are somewhat stupid if not downright retarded. Life is only wonderful is you are intelligent, good-looking, and rich. Otherwise, it seems like those idiots think the world is like Disney land.
Those of us here and many of us who are not here see the truth, life is hell.

Reactions: rotciv, Zhendou and Scythe
universe

universe

Experienced
Jul 15, 2022
Indeed, I find it difficult to understand how our society as a whole could be fulfilling. I observe, like you, the behavior of my congeners and I see nothing worthwhile, nothing good. Only superficial behaviors to fill the void and the mess of what constitutes existence. I think it suits them, but I know I couldn't thrive there. The very functioning of life is contrary to my values, my desires: cruelty, domination, suffering, lack of empathy, stupidity, violence. It's stronger than me, I could never submit to it. And once you figure that out, it's hard to go back and get back to "normal" life.

Reactions: rotciv, bluem00n, Zhendou and 1 other person
S

Scythe

Lost in a delusion
Sep 5, 2022
They want you inside this madness for unkown reasons society was the same all the time but we didnt see.
They want you alive so they can get taxes and make you work until you're too old then throw you out.

Reactions: leeloosnow, Zhendou and chocolatebar
sunshiningbackwards

sunshiningbackwards

Sep 17, 2022
that's a big part of it, but not entirely. humanity is too far gone though we weren't meant to have all this technology and live on an overpopulated polluted hellhole of a planet

B

Badatlove

Dec 4, 2019
Yeah one very big reason I want to ctb soon before it all goes ham to to massive shit.. too many people and not on same level of love and conciousness and empathy to divide resources and work together..

T

Timeleft

Sep 7, 2022
I think society is also a mess because there is so many diseases and illnesses out there that don't have a cure which causes people to suffer everyday. We are expected to just keep living life like nothing has happened. We suppress our pain with endless amounts of drugs hoping to get better, but I already know that day is never coming.

Reactions: rotciv and Zhendou
A

akirat9

ć‚Øć‚Æ惈ćƒŖć‚¢ćƒ³
Sep 23, 2022
no is because no disability for disabled

GrumpyFrog

GrumpyFrog

Exhausted
Aug 23, 2020
They want you alive so they can get taxes and make you work until you're too old then throw you out.
Sadly, that's true. I wish I could believe that we're protected from CTB because "every life is priceless", but the complete normalisation and not only social acceptance, but actually genuine support of the governmental decision to FORCE insane numbers of people to go to their death "for a cause" completely knocked this belief out of me. I used to think this is overdramatic conspiracy theorist ramblings, but now I realize this is, sadly, very true - we truly are slaves and our lives belong to the government. And yes, I think the reason why I think about CTB and not ways of saving myself instead is that I've realized how truly fucked society is and I don't understand how anyone can love life in such a fucked up world other than people that are either very naive, or themselves really messed up in the head.

• Hugs
Reactions: Finding Sirius, Scythe, SebVettel5 and 4 others
chocolatebar

chocolatebar

Paragon
Jul 11, 2021
Sometimes I wonder if humans really have a fully developed theory of mind or if we just arrogantly believe to have.

People act as if they're the only sentient mind in the world, doing whatever it takes to get some success in anything, even if they need to be predatory and push others down. They also don't mind seeing others suffering as long as it doesn't affect them.
Sadly, that's true. I wish I could believe that we're protected from CTB because "every life is priceless", but the complete normalisation and not only social acceptance, but actually genuine support of the governmental decision to FORCE insane numbers of people to go to their death "for a cause" completely knocked this belief out of me. I used to think this is overdramatic conspiracy theorist ramblings, but now I realize this is, sadly, very true - we truly are slaves and our lives belong to the government. And yes, I think the reason why I think about CTB and not ways of saving myself instead is that I've realized how truly fucked society is and I don't understand how anyone can love life in such a fucked up world other than people that are either very naive, or themselves really messed up in the head.
How much did seeing all this so close and with your own eyes have changed you?

Reactions: Scythe, Zhendou and foreverfalling
GrumpyFrog

GrumpyFrog

Exhausted
Aug 23, 2020
Not that I've seen that much with my own eyes, it's not like I'm a soldier that has been to a frontline...but I did see some things that can never be unseen. I am extremely disillusioned. I wasn't exactly a tree-hugger before the war, I always knew that humanity isn't made out of sunshine and butterflies and being excessively trusting and expecting good from everyone is a sure way to get screwed over. But as I see now, I was painfully naive, and now I am very jaded and hopeless. I've lost faith in humanity, along with faith in civilized democratic institutions, in society's ability to protect itself via peaceful means, or even direct violence and anger towards appropriate targets and not wherever they were told to direct it, and in usefulness of charity. If previously I thought my personal circumstances were complicated and wanted to have a way out of this life just in case I cannot resolve them, now I feel like the whole world is too messed up for anyone in their right mind to be happy in it, and it is unresolvable, and I just want out no matter what.
Sorry, this is long and depressing.

Reactions: rotciv, foreverfalling, bluem00n and 2 others
rationaltake

rationaltake

I'm rocking it - in another universe
Sep 28, 2021
Not that I've seen that much with my own eyes, it's not like I'm a soldier that has been to a frontline...but I did see some things that can never be unseen. I am extremely disillusioned. I wasn't exactly a tree-hugger before the war, I always knew that humanity isn't made out of sunshine and butterflies and being excessively trusting and expecting good from everyone is a sure way to get screwed over. But as I see now, I was painfully naive, and now I am very jaded and hopeless. I've lost faith in humanity, along with faith in civilized democratic institutions, in society's ability to protect itself via peaceful means, or even direct violence and anger towards appropriate targets and not wherever they were told to direct it, and in usefulness of charity. If previously I thought my personal circumstances were complicated and wanted to have a way out of this life just in case I cannot resolve them, now I feel like the whole world is too messed up for anyone in their right mind to be happy in it, and it is unresolvable, and I just want out no matter what.
Sorry, this is long and depressing.
I've always had a different take on life because of the fucked up evil and debauched things I was exposed to as a child.

I know how people react in extremis. I'm old but it ruined my whole life.

I'm so sorry you're contending with complicated personal circumstances and an atrocious external situation.

E

eldiablo666

Evil Always Prevail
Sep 25, 2022
It's not nescerialy society but life in itself.
It's a huge stressor just to be alive in this mad life.
Now with the war on our doorstep it's gonna get even worse.

It's absolutely crazy to believe life is somehow worth living or a "miracle" like some say.

It's a hellish nightmare. And people not realising this are living in a bubble. In illusion and are not aware of how bad it can get. Funeralcry here mentions this I have seen on the forum.

Reactions: bluem00n
J

Julgran

Enlightened
Dec 15, 2021

It's a mad world.

Reactions: ojinzo
M

madiroze

Feb 5, 2022
To quote Alex Jones we are "living on a Prison Planet" unless you win the lottery of life and are born wealthy in a first world country. Life itself is a rigged game show and we are all the losers.

If you want karma, justice, retribution. fairness and harmony you will NEVER get it. That's not how this game show works.

• Informative
Reactions: rotciv, Scythe, Julgran and 2 others
G

giannividi

Sep 24, 2022
All true. I honestly don't get why people are still getting children. The future for them does not like bright.

Reactions: Scythe, Un-, StolenLife and 2 others
Ligottifan95

Ligottifan95

Jul 12, 2020
"It is no measure of good mental health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society" - Jiddu Krishnamurti

• Love
Reactions: rotciv, Finding Sirius, Julgran and 3 others
E

eldiablo666

Evil Always Prevail
Sep 25, 2022
All true. I honestly don't get why people are still getting children. The future for them does not like bright.
Because people in general have a tendency to show the utmost highest selfish sides of themselves.

Getting a kid ā€¦ Introducing innocent souls into this hellhole is the epitome of selfish acts.
They know that getting a kid is natural if you look at nature and that we're basically built to reproduce. This is why our biology rewards us very greatly in form of like a heroine rush x10 when we have a child.

They disguise it as anything else they can think of. "I would give my life for my baby" , "nobody loves my baby more than I "

Ofc these are all blatant lies but they can be very hard to decipher.

Reactions: Julgran
hurtbox

hurtbox

Sep 25, 2022
Not the main reason but I would be lying if I said it wasn't a factor.

Reactions: Suicidebydeath
LesbianCarpetPython

LesbianCarpetPython

Smell lord
Sep 24, 2022
I know what you mean. With fascism rising, the capitalist class getting richer, working class getting poorer and seemingly more conflict happening, can't imagine this world getting any better.

Reactions: Un-
E

eldiablo666

Evil Always Prevail
Sep 25, 2022
I know what you mean. With fascism rising, the capitalist class getting richer, working class getting poorer and seemingly more conflict happening, can't imagine this world getting any better.
The rich gets richer and the poor gets poorer.
Most sayings like these ring true.

Yes, this war seems like it's going only one way and there doesn't seem to be any stop to it.

B

Beltking

Jul 31, 2022
Sometimes I wonder if humans really have a fully developed theory of mind or if we just arrogantly believe to have.

People act as if they're the only sentient mind in the world, doing whatever it takes to get some success in anything, even if they need to be predatory and push others down. They also don't mind seeing others suffering as long as it doesn't affect them.

I belive humans are still in a primal state in comparison to what we are truly capable of as a whole. I think one day in the future they will look back on our egotistical, selfish, weak minded ways and see us as we see cave men.

I think as a whole humans are slowly but surely moving in the right direction.

But then there are the so called "elite" that will probably destroy the human race before we get there.

It has been going on for thousands of years, humans as a whole have brain washed themselves over time creating a society based on power and controle.

Go way back to the start.
To lead in cave men times you had to be The strongest, it would of been natural instinct to put on a big front on even if they were not feeling like it. To portal to others that they were the strongest regardless of the truth.

To begin with harmless right?

but slowly but surly that natural instinct began to become stonger if fuled by unhealthy traits such as lies, greed, manipulation so on and so forth (especially for people in a position of power) had deolved in to the downfall of the human race
And now here we are where we are made ti belive its normal when it's really not. Millions are homeless millions are starving.

I personally think we are very very close to a change wether it be someone or a group of people acutaly stand up and make a change

Or more likely some how we manage to fuck the earth up that bad that society will as we know it will be no more.

But hey trust just what I think...

What do I know šŸ¤·
I belive humans are still in a primal state in comparison to what we are truly capable of as a whole. I think one day in the future they will look back on our egotistical, selfish, weak minded ways and see us as we see cave men.

I think as a whole humans are slowly but surely moving in the right direction.

But then there are the so called "elite" that will probably destroy the human race before we get there.

It has been going on for thousands of years, humans as a whole have brain washed themselves over time creating a society based on power and controle.

Go way back to the start.
To lead in cave men times you had to be The strongest, it would of been natural instinct to put on a big front on even if they were not feeling like it. To portal to others that they were the strongest regardless of the truth.

To begin with harmless right?

but slowly but surly that natural instinct began to become stonger if fuled by unhealthy traits such as lies, greed, manipulation so on and so forth (especially for people in a position of power) had deolved in to the downfall of the human race
And now here we are where we are made ti belive its normal when it's really not. Millions are homeless millions are starving.

I personally think we are very very close to a change wether it be someone or a group of people acutaly stand up and make a change

Or more likely some how we manage to fuck the earth up that bad that society will as we know it will be no more.

But hey trust just what I think...

What do I know šŸ¤·

I think certain animals like dolphins and elephants see us a stupid and know we are on a corse of self destruction.

Last edited:
Reactions: rotciv and Julgran
StolenLife

StolenLife

Warlock
Sep 19, 2022
Not my primary reason but it does contribute. I knew as a child that adulthood is going to suck but not how bad things will be on a global scale. It's getting worse out there, this winter will be tough due to gas and fuel issues with Russia, we might be in for a nuclear war and climate change will be in it's full swing by the time 2050s come around. The inflation doubled the prices were I live. My generation is lost and zombie-like. Even though I want to socialize a lot of them are now acting like I did in high school. Disinterested, stuck on their phones and only wanting superficial connections. Not that I blame them, as bullshit quarantine screwed us all over.
I honestly don't want to see the rest of 2020s nor the rest of my life. Even without all of the above all that's waiting for me is a boring mind numbing 9-5 and death of family members, resulting in being alone in the world. No thanks.

• Hugs
Reactions: rotciv, Julgran and Un-