C

Circles

Visionary
Sep 3, 2018
I have a small family so with me dying I don't how that dynamic would work with me gone or what would happen. Unrelated but I'll never forget this one guy I knew years ago who died in a car crash and then his mom died, then afterwards his dad died also, his sister was the only one left alive. I just feel like something similar will happen to my family if I kill myself, but quite honestly I'm starting to not give a damn anymore but that's a whole different story.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Celerity, flowers in the mist, rikiyanai and 5 others
WAITING TO DIE

WAITING TO DIE

TORMENTED
Sep 30, 2023
I think my ctb is actually expected to happen sometime in the back of my family's mind .
They know I've been mentally ill for a very long time now so I don't think it will come as a surprise.
We are not a close family and they are more like strangers these days.
I used to care about hurting them with my ctb, yet realise now that I cannot be expected to tolerate unbearable suffering anymore just for the sake of others.
They will be upset for a while and then move on.
I will be eventually forgotten about and that's perfectly fine by me.

• Hugs
Reactions: dggtscccvfd, Mateira, Ampsvx123 and 10 others
D

Desp

Nov 27, 2023
My death would not destroy my family. My parents are already dead. And my siblings are all happily married.

• Hugs
Reactions: XXXWRLD, dggtscccvfd, Sandy9 and 4 others
K

Kit1

Enlightened
Oct 24, 2023
My death will be devastating for my children as we have an incredibly close relationship. Hence I am trying my best to stay alive for as long as possible.

• Hugs
Reactions: backtoearth, arod, Jolene79 and 4 others
Zora099

Zora099

i am just waiting till i fall asleep
Dec 3, 2023
Yes. I even talked about it with my sister. Not into detail, we just touched the subject. She pretty much asked why would I even want to do something like that, when my life is not that bad (she doesnt know a lot of important things that happened to me, but ill let that be). I answered that it doesn't matter, cause when someones head is fucked, its fucked. She started having tears in her eyes, her face got red and said: "But if you'll do something like that, it will destroy the whole family." This picture haunts me every day. I love my sister and I dont want to hurt her, but at the same time I know one day Ill do it.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: flowers in the mist, rikiyanai, ctvunny and 4 others
B

Byebyemap

Dec 4, 2023
I don't think it will destroy them, make them really sad for sure… But then they will move on. And on the long term they have less to worry about…

• Hugs
Reactions: WAITING TO DIE, Praestat_Mori, Kit1 and 1 other person
warm dreams

warm dreams

Nov 23, 2023
Yes. I even talked about it with my sister. Not into detail, we just touched the subject. She pretty much asked why would I even want to do something like that, when my life is not that bad (she doesnt know a lot of important things that happened to me, but ill let that be). I answered that it doesn't matter, cause when someones head is fucked, its fucked. She started having tears in her eyes, her face got red and said: "But if you'll do something like that, it will destroy the whole family." This picture haunts me every day. I love my sister and I dont want to hurt her, but at the same time I know one day Ill do it.
Damn... I imagined my little cousin crying... I sympathize with you that you saw this...

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: flowers in the mist, WAITING TO DIE, Kit1 and 2 others
D

Deleted member 65988

Nah, I'm not that important. They'll eventually find the ability to move on.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: almaPerdida, dggtscccvfd, Sandy9 and 5 others
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
My Dad- yes- I think so- which is why I want to hold on for him to go first. Beyond that though, it's step relations and my extended family I haven't seen in decades. I'm hoping that distance will help. It's hard to know how it will affect people really but most of the ones who really cared about me are already dead.

• Hugs
Reactions: WAITING TO DIE, Praestat_Mori and Kit1
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
That strongly depends on the family ties how much close relatives are affected by a death. I think if I CTBed that would certainly cause grief but probably wouldn't destroy the remaining family, However I'm pretty sure my mum wouldn't survive that.

• Hugs
Reactions: Kit1, WAITING TO DIE and Circles
melancholia_melodia

melancholia_melodia

Nov 29, 2023
Something as trivial as me tripping over a tree branch and slightly injuring myself would drive my parents crazy... so i dont think they would be fine if i were to die or smth.

• Hugs
Reactions: Kit1, Circles and WAITING TO DIE
kettlevinbarq

kettlevinbarq

I'm Tired
Dec 12, 2023
I was worried because I know how much my mom loves me but I just cannot stay alive any longer. I just want it to end.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Kit1 and annointed_towers
Mea Culpa

Mea Culpa

Mea Culpa, Mea Maxima Culpa, Kyrie Eleison
Sep 22, 2023
My blood relatives? They abandoned me long ago, they would give less of a shit. My small family of my best friend and boyfriend? That.. that probably would affect them badly... but I just dont wanna jeep suffering anymore. I try to think to myself that theyll forget about me eventually. Everything is always forgotten to time.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Kit1 and flowers in the mist
N

numbed one

Student
May 22, 2023
It will turn m'y parents into ashes , and ruin m'y sister's life too, but i still need and should ctb , i'm a total failure .

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Kit1, monk-in-hell, annointed_towers and 1 other person
Z

zeropercentangel

Jan 23, 2023
We aren't that close anymore and we barely talk. They'll probably be sad for little while but they'll get over it.

• Hugs
Reactions: Kit1
nembutal

nembutal

everything will be okay in the end
Jul 14, 2022
my friends parents (he is an addict) once told him they wish he could die so they would cry once and be done with it instead of crying for him over and over. its a rational concept. why continually cause them to have hope for your recovery followed by painful disappointment if you can go away and finally give them some peace.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Kit1, flowers in the mist and like-spoiledmilk
penguinl0v3s

penguinl0v3s

Wait for Me 💙
Nov 1, 2023
Yeah they'll be disappointed and ashamed of me. Their problem honestly. They did 0 shit to help me whatsoever.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Phantomygg, Kit1, VidFlumina and 1 other person
hellispink

hellispink

poisonous
May 26, 2022
I am not important at all. I dont consider myself important enough for them to care not even a bit about my death. People follow and keep on with their lives. They grieve yeah but they also replace and forget usually very quickly. Its just how humans work. Putting everyone else first rather than your needs its not the way. I doubt they would do the same for you if they were in the same body position thoughts you are having. Everyone is responsible for their own lives. We cant be responsible for wheter somebody will be happy or unhappy or whatever because of things we do. We only choose about our own lives nothing else

• Hugs
Reactions: Kit1 and WAITING TO DIE
O

outrider567

Visionary
Apr 5, 2022
Nobody left but my stepmother, and my brother's three adult kids in their 30's

• Hugs
lostinmythoughts

lostinmythoughts

Student
Nov 30, 2023
I honestly think my parents and siblings will be happier, yes sad at first for sure after all I'm someone they knew, but they gonna be happier after a couple of days! I do create drama and have nasty attitude so life will be better without my negatives.

• Hugs
SparkleWater

SparkleWater

Oct 13, 2020
i am the only reason my parents are still togeather. If i die i dont think they could make the marrige work.

• Love
  • Hugs
like-spoiledmilk

like-spoiledmilk

Jul 10, 2023
They'll be alright in the end, I think.

Truthfully, I severely distanced myself from everyone a few months ago to help with the transition. I doubt they'll even know for a long while.

• Hugs
annointed_towers

annointed_towers

Cursed by God
Dec 9, 2022
My parents and boyfriend would be destroyed. They love me so much.

• Hugs
Leavesfromthevine

Leavesfromthevine

Untreated Trauma
Nov 23, 2023
Kinda but not really. They're always looking for a reason to fight and blame each other so it'll be a bunch of them blaming each other for causing me to ctb. Reality is not one person can be blamed for this choice.

I don't care about what happens with my family anymore. I've been told I'm better off dead by them anyway so I suppose they'll get that soon. Maybe in another life I can have a loving family, maybe that would've helped me.

• Love
  • Hugs
MatrixPrisoner

MatrixPrisoner

Enlightened
Jul 8, 2023
That is probably the main thing that will always ensure that there is a solid line in the sand between people that are mentally sound and those that are looking to catch the bus. They will never understand that we're sick irrespective how our life situation is. There are rich and famous people that have everything in life that kill themselves, as well as homeless rock bottom people that would never even fathom it. If suicidailty was solely dependent on life situation, I imagine 99% of people in prison with life sentences would kill themselves immediately. But I don't care at this point. I've been sacrifcing so much. If they are destroyed by the fact that they were selfish and took me for granted while I was still alive, then so be it.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Kit1, WAITING TO DIE, Zora099 and 1 other person
lostforever77

lostforever77

Dec 13, 2023
Nope my family would not miss me for a second. Either they are dead or about ready to leave me. I could just imagine my wife getting only upset if one of the kids did manager to shed a tear. How dare I upset them in my death. *sigh*

• Hugs
Abyssal

Abyssal

Kill me
Nov 26, 2023
Probably for a while, but I have faith that everything will be okay and that they will learn to cope. I trust them.

• Hugs
neonzebra

neonzebra

Sep 11, 2022
My siblings would be upset, for sure.
My mum is already dead and my father is estranged and I barely know him so I don't care how he feels particularly.
I would be worried that my brother's sadness would impact the upbringing of my two nephews. I wish there was some way to stop that from happening so I could die without guilt.

• Hugs
TorturedEnough

TorturedEnough

I'm exhausted trying to be stronger than I feel.
Dec 2, 2023
My father will be relieved that I died. I've always been a burden to him since I was born😟. The only person I would hate to hurt is my mom. Unfortunately I have no choice but to escape this torment. 😣

• Hugs
A

Anon1337

Mage
Oct 1, 2018
No. My parents hate me and everyone else in my family. They never understood me and I've always been a burden to them.

• Hugs
Reactions: Kit1 and leavingthesoultrap