M

mediocre

trapped here
Nov 9, 2019
This is quite a sensitive issue excuse me if I'm stepping on toes. I lost quite a lot of weight through last summer. But then I got ill and stopped exercising. Still lost a bit of weight up until about December then started to gain a little. I really want to be fitter but I am so sick I can't do anything. I eat because I'm bored and miserable.

anybody else have goals?

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: azucaramargo, Cevapcici, voyager and 3 others
Flume

Flume

Villain
Oct 28, 2019
I lost 25kg around one year ago, hit a platue and stopped. My body didn't change much at all and I prob needed to loose another 20 before I got the look I wanted, so at that point I just said fuck it I'm going to die by CTB anyway I'm done with this shit.

• Hugs
  • Wow
Reactions: azucaramargo, Cevapcici, voyager and 3 others
M

mediocre

trapped here
Nov 9, 2019
I lost 25kg around one year ago, hit a platue and stopped. My body didn't change much at all and I prob needed to loose another 20 before I got the look I wanted, so at that point I just said fuck it I'm going to die by CTB anyway I'm done with this shit.
wow that's a lot. I lost about 15kg over 3 months. I think it was too much too fast and it made sick. I didn't notice much change to my body either.

Reactions: azucaramargo
MiserableBastard1995

MiserableBastard1995

Experienced
Mar 17, 2018
Gotta admire your guts in talking about it, both of you. :)

I was put on antidepressants in 2014. They didn't help, so I went off them in 2017. Turns out I was never depressed, instead I have C-PTSD. Through the meds and an unconscious habit of emotional eating picked up from my mother (I don't blame her for it) I think I gained 30kg/65lb, peaking at 100kg/220lb in early 2018. I'm 5'6" so realistically that's moderately chubby. Hurts a little to say.
Since then, I've stopped emotional eating (substituted by ramping up the coffee and escapist hobbies even further) and started restricting most of the time. Little/no exercise as I have gradually worsening chronic fatigue. Like this, I've been able to lose 1kg/2lb a month.
Currently 90kg, would be content at maintaining 80kg/175lb. I'll be moving into my own place (converted caravan) soon, so I'll be handling my own meals - the plan being mostly fruit, water and lots of coffee, as I don't/won't have the energy to make/cook much. Sorry that was a bit of a ramble. I've never spoken about it.

I'm 24 and sure, I'll be dead by 30, but I want to spend my last years finally being the person I want to be. If that means a bit of self-abuse to accomplish one facet of that person, so be it.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Cevapcici, voyager, Élégie and 2 others
cosmicpixiedust

cosmicpixiedust

Pixie
Jun 5, 2019
This might be a trigger to some, just a heads up.

I was on an antidepressant/sleep aid for almost 3 years that increased my appetite and caused me to gain weight, but was manageable. Some of those last 3 months I had to go to jail and got literally no exercise for 3 months while comfort eating trash food off the commissary. I gained 40 lbs in the time I was there, it was terrible. When I got out I did everything I could to lose weight, but kept only losing a little and gaining it back.

Over the summer I got severely mentally ill and spent until the middle of September in and out of psych hospitals. The stress and depression caused me to stop eating and now my anorexia/whatever the heck my ED is has come back. I've actually lost the 40 lbs plus some, now I think I'm a little addicted.

• Hugs
  • Love
  • Aww..
Reactions: Cevapcici, Finis Autem Spero, JustHeckinKillMe and 6 others
lowres

lowres

Scum
Feb 9, 2019
I want to lose a lot of weight im at 260 right now and i fucking hate myself for letting this happen but i have neither the will power to eat healthier or to put in the effort to have a regular exercise regiment. once i begin living independently eating healthier will be much easier though, I used to exercise regularly for about half a year but my routine wasnt all that good, I liked the high from jogging so i did that for long periods of time tho.

• Hugs
Reactions: Cevapcici and mediocre
exhausted

exhausted

Experienced
Oct 22, 2019
Yeah, I went on holiday in December and ate too much. Then came Christmas. I am a chubby little ting now. But I won't rush myself. I will lose it when I lose it, I have enough on my plate in a different way.

• Hugs
Reactions: Cevapcici, MiserableBastard1995 and mediocre
mathieu

mathieu

Enlightened
Jun 5, 2019
I lost 20kg last year. Phentermine and meal replacement shakes (VLCD). I need to lose another 10kg but don't have a any more phentermine. Hopefully doctor will give me some.

• Love
Reactions: mediocre
D

Deleted member 1768

Enlightened
Aug 15, 2018
This is quite a sensitive issue excuse me if I'm stepping on toes. I lost quite a lot of weight through last summer. But then I got ill and stopped exercising. Still lost a bit of weight up until about December then started to gain a little. I really want to be fitter but I am so sick I can't do anything. I eat because I'm bored and miserable.

anybody else have goals?
Try celery sticks. I love the world and anything I see/hear/touch/smell are always new to me. I fill myself with the joy of life, hold it's bounty close, for soon I shall know no more.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Wren

Wren

BIRDS AREN'T REAL
Jan 7, 2020
That's my resolution for this year. I vowed not to cross the 80 kg weight and am dangerously close. I plan on routine workout at home and limit the calorie intake. I need to get strong enough to defeat abstract concepts such as God and Time.

Losing weight is tough. I wish best of luck to everyone who embarks on the journey towards reducing the size of their enormous ass cheeks :)

• Hugs
Jean4

Jean4

Remember. I am ALWAYS right.... until I’m not
Apr 28, 2019
I had Bariatric Surgery. Struggling to get the last bit off to reach goal.

• Hugs
Reactions: cosmicpixiedust and mediocre
voyager

voyager

Don't you dare go hollow...
Nov 25, 2019
I do, yes. Was actually doing okay. Had lost almost 30kgs. Even kept up with the exercise on a regular basis. But then my training bike went bust and my thyroid was set too low. Gained 10kgs over the last year. Argh.

Bought two new training bikes. The first had too little resistance, whereas the second was pretty damaged from the parcel service. Sent both back. Carrying 25-30kilos of exercise equipment to the post office was training in itself. Now I've bought a rowing machine. Again, the resistance is a little low, but I couldn't be arsed anymore to send it back. Now if I only had some motivation... Goal is -15kg.

DepressedAngel

DepressedAngel

Life is exhausting
Dec 4, 2019
Whatever my ED is, it comes and goes. Right now I feel the need to lose weight, even though I am somewhat skinny, at 5 foot 6 and weighing 120 lb. Still, my weight makes me self conscious. I feel very overweight and disgusting, even though I exercise and eat right. Life kinda sucks like that :(

Squiddy

Squiddy

Here Lies My Hopes And Dreams
Sep 4, 2019
I lost 45lbs from the Insanity DVDs, but gained it back plus 10lbs. I just don't have the motivation to lose it, but need to.

Merith

Merith

Oct 24, 2019
I lost 25lbs from not eating much since December. I looked best at 140, 170 was way too much for me to handle. Right now I'm at 155.

K

kkatt

Paragon
Nov 12, 2018

anybody else have goals?
Boredom eating is one of the most common reasons for people to become overweight. It doesn't take long for the mind to confuse genuine hunger and eating from nothing more than habit. It's especially true for those that have had issues with food including body dismorphia.
It's been many years since I've felt actual hunger and genuinely cannot remember what it feels like. Even if I don't eat for over a week,I might feel a little nauseous but the sensation of hunger is still an alien sensation. I have learned to force myself to eat every day if possible,which can be difficult if you are genuinely not hungry. Eating out is impossible and even eating at a relatives home,who may be aware of the issue,is still really hard.
My mom boredom eats all the time and just can't comprehend the difference. A lot of people believe smoking will solve the problem,but in reality it's just another addiction.
Do you think you eat because you're bored AND miserable or could you be miserable because you are bored and struggling with what you perceive to be a weight issue (I say that as so many people perceive there to be a weight issue where there really isn't.It's more about body image and however much weight they lose would not make them happy)?
Either way,it can be very depressing struggling with a weight issue and also controlling the urge to eat(which can definitely be very comforting).I hope you can find a solution.
For myself,I threw out every mirror in the house,weighing scales and cut size labels out of clothes. It's quite a big step,but perhaps considering some of those techniques could be of some help to you. Good luck.

Reactions: MiserableBastard1995
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
I'm working on it, just to be a bit healthier. I'm eating less and less though, partly due to loss of apetite and what not.

Soulless_Angel

Soulless_Angel

existence is futile
Jul 10, 2019
I loathe my weight, in 2018 I was doing the gym regularly, I lost 3 stone (I think that's about 42Ib) I felt amazing, soon as my breakdown hit, I hit the rum, my weight has gone back up, mainly on my tummy and as a women its destroying my confidence! But rum makes me happy, so Im either fat and happy (ish!) or slimmer and erm.... who know's!
I wish I could lose the weight again, but I don't have the motivation any more, just too darned lazy

sadgirl2002

sadgirl2002

Fallen Angel
Apr 9, 2019
I look disgusting despite being the average weight for my height but it's because I'm what they call "skinny fat". I've been trying to exercise everyday and eat a certain amount this whole week and so far, it's been going okay.

D

Deleted member 1768

Enlightened
Aug 15, 2018
Whatever my ED is, it comes and goes. Right now I feel the need to lose weight, even though I am somewhat skinny, at 5 foot 6 and weighing 120 lb. Still, my weight makes me self conscious. I feel very overweight and disgusting, even though I exercise and eat right. Life kinda sucks like that :(
I am your height and now weigh less than 80 pounds...having trouble eating. I look like a walking stick pin on two twigs. Are you sure you want to look like a walking skeleton Angel? I bet you are beautiful.

BlackCatTalk

BlackCatTalk

StrayCat
Apr 28, 2019
Hi, I got an ED too, i'm 165 CM AND weight 40, i'm so fuckup! I love eat, but I just can't, I've been starving all this mounth so... Pls don't die

• Hugs
Reactions: Bugg1
DepressedAngel

DepressedAngel

Life is exhausting
Dec 4, 2019
I am your height and now weigh less than 80 pounds...having trouble eating. I look like a walking stick pin on two twigs. Are you sure you want to look like a walking skeleton Angel? I bet you are beautiful.
Aw sweetie I'm so sorry you feel like you can't eat. You are so much more than your illness, even if it is controlling you right now. Thank you for saying you think I might be beautiful:happy: I hope you get better soon, sending love:heart:

SuiSqueeze92

SuiSqueeze92

Self Saboteur
Jan 15, 2020
Well, to keep your metabolism going and raised, try to eat about six small meals throughout the day (multiple small split meals in general). Like hot food? It slightly increases your metabolism (and core temp), reduces inflammation and releases endorphins. Try to drink water throughout the day, too much sodium = retention (bloating) and high BP. Zig zag diet may be beneficial as well? I used to use it while weight lifting. It's designed to keep your metabolism and encourage change by keeping your body guessing by the constant change of caloric intake. Fiber is another good "filler", rice etc to be eating with boiled chicken, baked, grilled etc. Also, if exercising seems daunting to lose weight for you but walking is okay, walking actually burns more fat than running does. And if you ever get back into more intense workouts, I highly recommend HIIT training.

BooGirl

BooGirl

Warlock
Jan 10, 2020
I'm a normal weight right now, but I'm deathly afraid that I'll become fat.

Mort

Mort

No use to know one
Feb 15, 2019
I was not planning to lose weight but a few years ago I got very ill couldn't breathe couldn't eat . And top of that i keep trying to work but had to go got to ill . But in the six months when I was ill and trying to work i lost around 7 stone i went from 18 stone down to 11 stone in six months. It took me another year to get better and put that what back on but it did do sum damage to me . The muscle loss was bad made my back worse my nees hips elbows most of my major joints get messed up. So be careful when losing weight do to quit and you could be in a spot of bother. :|

I

IvanK

Dash the cup to the ground
Jan 20, 2020
Yes, I have been doing HIIT every other day and walking 10000 steps everyday since December. My goal is to lose 22 pounds as soon as possible. So far I have lost 8 pounds. I tend to eat a lot when I get depressed. So I gained some weight between June and December last year.

• Love
Reactions: Wolfjob_dayjob
D

Deleted member 1768

Enlightened
Aug 15, 2018
Aw sweetie I'm so sorry you feel like you can't eat. You are so much more than your illness, even if it is controlling you right now. Thank you for saying you think I might be beautiful:happy: I hope you get better soon, sending love:heart:
It is not a case of feeling like I cannot eat Angel. I have damage that makes eating a sufficient amount exceedingly difficult. Gagging, retching and vomiting are regular attributes of my existence. Unfortunately there is no hope of getting better, but thank you for the thought.

• Hugs
Reactions: Cevapcici
DepressedAngel

DepressedAngel

Life is exhausting
Dec 4, 2019
It is not a case of feeling like I cannot eat Angel. I have damage that makes eating a sufficient amount exceedingly difficult. Gagging, retching and vomiting are regular attributes of my existence. Unfortunately there is no hope of getting better, but thank you for the thought.
I am so sorry. I shouldn't have assumed it was because of an illness. Sending love:heart:

C

Cevapcici

Student
Dec 30, 2018
Trying very hard to lose some extra 4-5 kgs... That I probably owe to my lack of sleep, Level of stress hormones and...well...the force feeding going on in my relationship. If I could book a hotel and just fast for a few days.

Wayfaerer

Wayfaerer

JFMSUF
Aug 21, 2019
Before my life went to really went to shit, I had lost 50 lbs effortlessly but since then I let myself go and don't really seen the reason to lose anymore. I no longer have the motivation to improve anymore if I'm just going to end it all anyway.

• Hugs
Reactions: mattwitt and Cevapcici