• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

NullSz00

NullSz00

Full-Swing Sayonara
Feb 22, 2024
Hi, just wondering...

If I CTB... wouldn't it be better if I distanced myself from everyone? Like, stop talking to friends and family... so they eventually move on and forget me, making it easier for me to CTB. Although, I don't even know if they even care about that...

Do you all recommend doing this or should I try something else?

Thanks in advance.

locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
If you're close to anyone, and you have history of depression, or even attempting CTB before, by distancing yourself from people, you may just end up "tipping them off" that something may be going on with you. It's up to you, though. I can understand, though, how distancing oneself could be done as an act of compassion to make it easier on loved ones. I'm not sure it really works that way, though. If people care for you, they care for you, and distancing isn't just going to change that. People are going to grieve regardless and time passing will lessen the pain for them. I'm not sure there is anything you can do to alleviate your guilt. People who kill themselves reach a point where their own pain far outweighs any care or concern they might have for the pain that their CTB might cause others.

Reactions: NullSz00
Ociv

Ociv

Don't fear what's in your head
Mar 29, 2024
I find that to be a good idea, but it has to be done tactfully and plausibly. I actually just made a post talking about my plan for this exact problem. I think that distancing yourself from friends and family would definitely lessen the impact on their lives if you were to disappear. Though, if you were to distance yourself suddenly, it would probably cause people to panic, especially if there are people in your life who already suspect you of suicidal ideation. it would have to be slowly, and you would have to have a believable reason.

I think that trying to lessen the impact on those around you is a noble thing to do. It wont help the sadness they feel, but it could help to not leave a void in their daily lives left by your absence, as they would already have experience in operating without you in their lives.

Reactions: NullSz00