K

KafkaF

Taking a break from the website.
Nov 18, 2023
Simple question: If you could choose between CTB or time travelling into the past, which would you pick? Is there any time in your life that you'd like to travel back to if you could? Let's say that you retain your memories (but not your state of mind, depression, etc. which return to what they were then) and have the ability to change things too.

I would take that offer and for me there would be two times I'd consider going back to.

The first is my final year of high school. There were fewer actual classes and a lot more creative projects. And I've always been a creative person so I loved that. I spent a lot of time with two friends practicing a play and whatnot. After that we'd grab some pita and play Halo. That was always enjoyable.

Beyond that this was the year I met my first girlfriend. She really made me feel good about myself and loved. Overall she gave me so many happy moments.

And then after that I got to go to college and everything seemed to be going well for me.

Of course, she'd break up with me around this time. And my social and failure anxiety would ruin my college experience. But if I could go back I feel like I could've changed all of that. She was still in love with me when she ended things and actually wanted me back (even though I didn't know it at the time) so I probably could've repaired that relationship. And if I'd found my current psychologist years earlier then my social anxiety wouldn't have ever grown so out of hand and I probably could've done okay in college. Or taken a year off first as I originally wanted to (but my parents pressured me into going when I knew I wasn't ready instead).

Then the second time I'd go back to if I could was just last year. Exactly one year ago I was two days away from going on my second date with my previous girlfriend. The date would go well. In fact, we'd go to a scientific lecture (we both loved science). Then we'd go to the bar downstairs and talk for like two hours. Then the bar closed and we went to the elevator and we talked for another hour at the elevator because we didn't want the night to end. I'd go home so happy from that date and she already said she'd want a next one. Then by the end of 2022 we'd kiss for the first time and become a couple. She'd give me some of my happiest moments ever throughout 2023.

And I feel like with what I know now I could've made it so that the relationship would still exist today... And we'd still be together. Maybe even laying in each other's arms right now.

So yeah. If instead of CTBding I could go back to either of those times, I would.

Edit: Just to be clear, I'm talking about any time after you were born. So I'm not including answers like "stop myself from being concieved." My question was solely about periods of time DURING your life.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Eternal🌈Rainbow, Praestat_Mori, NocturnILL and 1 other person
WAITING TO DIE

WAITING TO DIE

TORMENTED
Sep 30, 2023
I'd like to go back to being a sperm in my asshole fathers ball sack, and then he have him get run over by a bus so I would never have been conceived.

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori and NocturnILL
NeedAnEscape

NeedAnEscape

awaiting the end
Oct 16, 2023
My life would have been completely different, if I wasn't so miserable and anxious. If I could go back in time, and not experience the same fears and sorrows that came from existence, I would be in a much better, more successful position today. I'd say everything went wrong in the sixth grade, and if I could have been in the right headspace from that time indefinitely, over the years, I would have accomplished more, grown socially, and been a person worthy of love. But, considering the hardships I have endured, and the personality I have, perhaps, I would have been better off if I never existed to begin with. I can't imagine the person I would be, if I was free from the mental chains that hold me back. Perhaps, that person would be so different that I would cease to be me.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, WAITING TO DIE and NocturnILL
S

solblaze

Sep 20, 2023
I'd like to go back to the night I was conceived to cock block my father…

• Hugs
  • Love
  • Yay!
Reactions: just_a_guy, Praestat_Mori, WAITING TO DIE and 1 other person
d3j3ct3dl0s3r05

d3j3ct3dl0s3r05

i am so lainpilled :3 (? days left)
Apr 15, 2023
Either stopping my birth or, alternatively, telling teachers at school about what was happening at home in full, indisputable detail

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: leavingthesoultrap, Praestat_Mori, WAITING TO DIE and 1 other person
NocturnILL

NocturnILL

She will become the wind…
Sep 11, 2023
Hm…I have to be honest,with my memories of now retained but the mindset of that time…I think I'd go back and try again one last time. The memories of now would be motivation for the shit mind I had before. I would've definitely done things a lot different, avoided certain people and try not to repeat a lot of mistakes I made. Being a step ahead of the game even with while suffering. Give it one last shot I guess. Now! If that still didn't work out for me, we'll at least I'll have remembered my CTB plan and with the better knowledge I can just go with that 🤷🏽‍♀️

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori and WAITING TO DIE
WAITING TO DIE

WAITING TO DIE

TORMENTED
Sep 30, 2023
Hm…I have to be honest,with my memories of now retained but the mindset of that time…I think I'd go back and try again one last time. The memories of now would be motivation for the shit mind I had before. I would've definitely done things a lot different, avoided certain people and try not to repeat a lot of mistakes I made. Being a step ahead of the game even with while suffering. Give it one last shot I guess. Now! If that still didn't work out for me, we'll at least I'll have remembered my CTB plan and with the better knowledge I can just go with that 🤷🏽‍♀️
Yeah, I think about this sometimes too. I've had so - called friends who actually turned out to be enemies, and a girlfriend who was a covert narcissist who tried to destroy my life.
I still think life would be awful though, even if I could have gone back in time and avoided these people.

• Hugs
  • Love
NocturnILL

NocturnILL

Sep 11, 2023
Yeah, I think about this sometimes too. I've had so - called friends who actually turned out to be enemies, and a girlfriend who was a covert narcissist who tried to destroy my life.
I still think life would be awful though, even if I could have gone back in time and avoided these people.
Whew! You and I can definitely relate more than you know smh. I am sorry for those snakes that you thought were your friends and your narcissistic ex. The scars these selfish people cause is so unfair🫶🏽
Most definitely possible but at least with all the memories you'd have of today you'd probably be able to navigate life in a whole different way that could benefit you for the better 🤔

• Love
  • Hugs
deadbody

deadbody

he/him 🏳️‍⚧️
Oct 24, 2023
At the time of my nonexistence.

• Hugs
WAITING TO DIE

WAITING TO DIE

TORMENTED
Sep 30, 2023
Y
Whew! You and I can definitely relate more than you know smh. I am sorry for those snakes that you thought were your friends and your narcissistic ex. The scars these selfish people cause is so unfair🫶🏽
Most definitely possible but at least with all the memories you'd have of today you'd probably be able to navigate life in a whole different way that could benefit you for the better 🤔
Thank you.
Yes, some people really are the spawn of the devil.
I still have intrusive thoughts about what they put me through.
I'm sorry you've been through similar things too.
Life is difficult enough without having these dreadful people around us.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
NocturnILL

NocturnILL

Sep 11, 2023
Y

Thank you.
Yes, some people really are the spawn of the devil.
I'm sorry you've been through similar things too.
Life is difficult enough without having these dreadful people around us.
No lie, they really are like wtf!!
I definitely still have intrusive thoughts about what they've done…makes me rethink if I even would want to go back now…
Thank you love 💙
Agreed, it's pretty aggravating the lack of accountability people have.

• Hugs
Reactions: deadbody, Praestat_Mori and WAITING TO DIE
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
No, I'd just prefer to eternally cease existing, I only wish for the peace of nothingness where all is forgotten about, no matter what existence will always be undesirable to me.

Reactions: leavingthesoultrap and deadbody
Eternal🌈Rainbow

Eternal🌈Rainbow

♡ ✨ ♡ 🌸 ♡ 💖 ♡ 🌈 ♡
Apr 2, 2022
Just give me 3 years back in time, take me to the beginning of 2021.
Or even to the beginning of 2022.
I can almost swear, that if I got the (second) chance to be there in that time again and could change some things I did thanks to my current maturity and knowledge, I would not be on this forum nowadays and I wouldn't be killing myself like I am going to do soon.
Regret is excruciating, thinking about how you could have done this instead of that. And now watching that all there is, is shattered pieces of what could have been 💔

• Hugs
Reactions: KafkaF
Final_Choice

Final_Choice

Mage
Aug 3, 2023
Early childhood. I'd have to deal with my abusive father again and even though he was made me feel like CTBing at a very early age I still had some good moments with my grandparents and my friends. It wasn't perfect, but there are moments that felt amazing. Wouldn't change anything, I know there's not much I can do to help myself even by changing the past, but I'd love to experience that one more time before I CTB.

• Hugs
Reactions: KafkaF, doormat25 and Eternal🌈Rainbow
K

KafkaF

Taking a break from the website.
Nov 18, 2023
Just give me 3 years back in time, take me to the beginning of 2021.
Or even to the beginning of 2022.
I can almost swear, that if I got the (second) chance to be there in that time again and could change some things I did thanks to my current maturity and knowledge, I would not be on this forum nowadays and I wouldn't be killing myself like I am going to do soon.
Regret is excruciating, thinking about how you could have done this instead of that. And now watching that all there is, is shattered pieces of what could have been 💔
Completely agree with you about the regret... I'm sorry to hear you're facing that demon too. It's a reall difficult one to fight.

I'm in exactly the same boat where if I could just go back to 2022 or (in my case) 2011 and change some things using my current knowledge than I probably wouldn't be here right now.

Like you said, it's excruciating. It's wears me down inside so much knowing that things could've gone differently and I might actually be happy then. But I just made so many wrong choices...
Early childhood. I'd have to deal with my abusive father again and even though he was made me feel like CTBing at a very early age I still had some good moments with my grandparents and my friends. It wasn't perfect, but there are moments that felt amazing. Wouldn't change anything, I know there's not much I can do to help myself even by changing the past, but I'd love to experience that one more time before I CTB.
First, I'm really sorry you had to go through that. Nobody deserves to be treated that way.

Secondly, I understand what you mean. Even if I could change absolutely nothing I would still like to go back to 2011 or the middle of 2022 just to experience those moments of happiness that I had again. I wish it was like a song I loved. Something that I could play over and over again.

• Hugs
Reactions: Eternal🌈Rainbow
Eternal🌈Rainbow

Eternal🌈Rainbow

♡ ✨ ♡ 🌸 ♡ 💖 ♡ 🌈 ♡
Apr 2, 2022
Completely agree with you about the regret... I'm sorry to hear you're facing that demon too. It's a reall difficult one to fight.

I'm in exactly the same boat where if I could just go back to 2022 or (in my case) 2011 and change some things using my current knowledge than I probably wouldn't be here right now.

Like you said, it's excruciating. It's wears me down inside so much knowing that things could've gone differently and I might actually be happy then. But I just made so many wrong choices...
And I'm sorry you're feeling this way too. It's torture sometimes.
I hope things improve for you, in one way or another.
A big hug to you 🫂♥️

• Hugs
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Nope- CTB for me. It's all been shit to varying degrees. Very little I could have done to stop it turning out the way it has- I did the best I could. Living any part of my life again is my idea of hell- especially the first bit. I want less life ahead of me rather than more.

L

losing altitude

Nov 13, 2023
No way. It would be like wanting to go back to 8am on a work day! I want to get through it. All that progress lost.

Blackpepperpancake

Blackpepperpancake

Help me to breathe
Nov 22, 2023
I'd go back to 2017, last year of highschool, my deskmate was the girl I like, so we hung out everyday, I have tons of freetime to draw and write, also I don't have to financially support myself.

penguinl0v3s

penguinl0v3s

Wait for Me 💙
Nov 1, 2023
I just need to go two months back and convince him to be with me, whether in life or death. Preferably life because being together would be guaranteed.

L

lemonheads

Nov 24, 2023
Honestly it's probably one of the biggest reasons I want to CTB, to see if that's even a possibility. I would do it all over again if I could go back while retaining my memories, which I'm glad. I still want a second chance because my life wasn't complete shit. I just happened to let everything ruin me and now there's barely any reasons to stay. Some would say I'm more fortunate than others, but having no fortune and watching it slip through your hands are two different things.

M

monk-in-hell

Oct 23, 2023
the very beginning of the year
I could've fixed everything

• Hugs
Reactions: KafkaF and leavingthesoultrap
leavingthesoultrap

leavingthesoultrap

(ᴗ_ ᴗ。)
Nov 25, 2023
I would prefer to cease to exist but other than that I would go back in time when I was 18 and deciding what to do with life.

• Hugs
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
I'd choose ctb. There isn't any point in my life which I want to go back to. All points during my life were misery

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Right now I'd just want to go back to a couple months ago and maybe try to be more bold with the woman I have a crush on. I know I'd probably fail in the moment though.

theboy

theboy

Illuminated
Jul 15, 2022
Yes, when I was in a kind of camp with wonderful people, but it only lasted a few days.