• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

T

TheStartOfEnding

May 1, 2018
Starting from what height does the chance of dying surpass the 90% or preferably 95% ?

Knowing that we can't guarantee landing on our heads.

Reactions: Cyanide
ImNotBatman

ImNotBatman

Student
May 9, 2018
I'd promote landing on concrete if you can. People have lived through jumps into water from hundreds of feet up.

T

TheStartOfEnding

May 1, 2018
I'd promote landing on concrete if you can. People have lived through jumps into water from hundreds of feet up.

I know that on heights like the bosphorous bridge, the probability of survival is as low as 5%.

If i ever CTB by jumping (i don't think i will except if i can't put my hand on N), i plan to land on concrete, but i have to find a really high building or mountain since i don't trust my ability to land on my head.

I

ion900

Student
May 4, 2018
Landing with a knife aimed to go through your heart as the ground meets the end of the handle is a good idea

V

VanHeineken

Experienced
Apr 10, 2018
A while ago I did a lot of research on several suicide methods and I concluded that jumping from height is not a good idea. But if you jump you need a minimum of 4 seconds of free fall and land on concrete/asphalt.

Another point I'd like to make is that 4 seconds of free fall is a very long time. It will give plenty of time to regret that you jumped and you will feel strong fear, and fear is also a form of pain.

Personally I have concluded to ctb by partial suspension hanging.

I

ion900

Student
May 4, 2018
A while ago I did a lot of research on several suicide methods and I concluded that jumping from height is not a good idea. But if you jump you need a minimum of 4 seconds of free fall and land on concrete/asphalt.

Another point I'd like to make is that 4 seconds of free fall is a very long time. It will give plenty of time to regret that you jumped and you will feel strong fear, and fear is also a form of pain.

why do you think jumping from height is bad?

Lion

Lion

Zzz
Apr 18, 2018
Landing with a knife aimed to go through your heart as the ground meets the end of the handle is a good idea
no thanks. if i chose jumping i would want to zone out while falling with eyes closed, not focus on aiming a knife.

NotTheStatusQuo

NotTheStatusQuo

May 10, 2018

It's four seconds then you're gone. I don't see that as being such a big deal.

T

TheStartOfEnding

May 1, 2018

I don't give a shit about a 4 seconds of fake regret/pain/whatever. 4 seconds is nothing.

A good suicide method for me is just one that has the following conditions : high probability of dying 95%/short period of pain (not more than 30seconds) or weak level of pain, jumping has both.

Malice1

Malice1

Experienced
Apr 6, 2018
It's four seconds then you're gone. I don't see that as being such a big deal.
Except its more than 4 seconds depending on where your jumping from. Its more if your jumping from a bridge. If your jumping from someplace under 7 stories then your doing it wrong.